The Sack Pep Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sack Pep Thread

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:45 pm

i think something was lost in translation and he didnt mean it the way it sounds. his english is not perfect. maybe he meant only that he hasnt yet been able to guide this group of players past the 1/4 final, not that theyre not capable of it. it would be completely out of character for him to publicly blame the players.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:46 pm

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:When a manger publicly blames his players it rarely ends well.
Very silly comment, unless there's an alteror motive.

read what he said , or listen to what he said . He did not blame the players

Btw it is ulterior motive(s) .

I read it in a similar manner. If anything, he seemed to be blaming himself and there was a hesitance in his statement that suggested he wasn’t sure of his own role within the club, like he needed to go away and think about his future.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I read it in a similar manner. If anything, he seemed to be blaming himself and there was a hesitance in his statement that suggested he wasn’t sure of his own role within the club, like he needed to go away and think about his future.

His major problem is fixing shit that doesn't need fixing - its his downfall and its certainly cost him in the CL competition yer after year. You would think after not playing KDB against spurs he would have learned his lesson, but he hasn't.....he definitely needs to rethink his career IMO, if hes in doubt about us then he should go now ,with his head held high, as if we have another season like this one then he wont be going with the same fan appreciation, he has now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:

His major problem is fixing shit that doesn't need fixing - its his downfall and its certainly cost him in the CL competition yer after year. You would think after not playing KDB against spurs he would have learned his lesson, but he hasn't.....he definitely needs to rethink his career IMO, if hes in doubt about us then he should go now ,with his head held high, as if we have another season like this one then he wont be going with the same fan appreciation, he has now.

Fair points, I agree wholeheartedly. Last night was the perfect example of Pep’ism, even to the point of him being stubborn and not changing things when it was clear that it wasn’t working. And, although he wanted to protect his system, when he finally had to change, which he had to, it was an instant success with the right formation and players for the job.

Their 2nd goal was ridiculous, to say the least, and really changed the way the game was shaping up. We had the momentum and were the only team in the game at the time. Up pops the dodgy officiating and we’re chasing the game again. At this points I’m thinking, apart from the officiating, how we can still be trying to play offside on the halfway line! That in itself is fucking ridiculous and has been our downfall all season, just like Pep’s first.

As for the last, we are now chasing once more which leaves us vulnerable and prone to error under pressure. Raheem could’ve relieved that pressure but somehow reverted to the Raheem of years gone by and sky’d it. That is the pressure that a dodgy call makes and they go up the other end and the pressure is all on Eddie.

It’s just one game but it was one that the fans were pegging their end of season on. At least get through this to shut all the fuckers up about making the semi’s, for the first time in some idiots beliefs, and we had a realistic reason for possible not making the final; Bayern have been superb. We feel let down.

Should he go, I don’t think so if he is prepared to sort out the balance between defence and attack, basically taking the defensive shape into account. We don’t have to play so high risk football with the team we have, our attacking stats prove that. However, if he is not confident in his own practices and leading this team, in his last year of his contract, then I think an agreement will be reached.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Justified logic wrote:For all the praise he heaps on him, Pep clearly doesn't trust Foden. Of the two, I'd keep Foden. Pep is a busted flush.

You still actually believe anything Pep says about players to the media? Actions are what you should look at.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Scatman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 am

Have they sacked him yet or is there a season to prepare for?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:34 am

Peps agent says he is staying. Good news if true. No need for this thread anymore.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:37 am

sheblue wrote:Peps agent says he is staying. Good news if true. No need for this thread anymore.

Oh I don’t know - we can always revisit it when we get beat by a shit French or Dutch team in the last 16 of the CL next season .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:26 pm

sheblue wrote:Peps agent says he is staying. Good news if true. No need for this thread anymore.

Staying this season or further?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Exactly. He’s said he’s staying because he wouldn’t leave a job with a year still left on his contract. We need an answer on if he wants to extend or not.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Agreed, extend & ask for money to fritter away, or fuck off - decide quickly
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:56 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Exactly. He’s said he’s staying because he wouldn’t leave a job with a year still left on his contract. We need an answer on if he wants to extend or not.

Exactly.
For example I am staying on the toilet at the moment, it doesn't mean I will stay on the toilet at same time in the same place next year.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:29 pm

I think what Peps agent really meant is that he is not going back to basket case Barca.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:47 pm

sheblue wrote:I think what Peps agent really meant is that he is not going back to basket case Barca.

Not until after their presidential election more like. We need to get a solid commitment from him as if he is not going to extend, i would be keeping a grip on his purse strings over the next coulple of weeks / months
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:37 pm

If he's not going to sign a new contract, then he should be moved on this summer.
ross.mcfc

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:51 pm

I blame that little fat cunt who is our new number 2 , who the fuck is he ? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:51 pm

I really think this is all a bit knee jerk.
He's still the best manager we've ever had.
Trouble is he's caught typical cityitis as far as European football is concerned.
He's so scared of fucking up, he does.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:35 pm

patrickblue wrote:I really think this is all a bit knee jerk.
Trouble is he's caught typical cityitis as far as European football is concerned.

How long does he need to not fix what doesn't need fixing ? hes had 4 years.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I actually think it's the mentality of the entire club that they'll fuck up in Europe.
I really don't think a change of manager will change that. And that's what Pep thinks needs fixing.
I believe Pep was scared shitless we were going to bottle it against Lyon, which is why he set up as he did.
He got it spectacularly wrong.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby salford city » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You could also make a point about him having unlimited resources at his disposal. I've been there for everything that we have won under him and am more than grateful for where he has taken us to but his CL record with us is littered by his own senseless brainfart team selections and tactics and Saturday was by far the most embarrassing
I would like him to stay and sort it out but I dont think he has got the balls to challenge himself
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum