City PL Fixtures 20/21 Season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City PL Fixtures 20/21 Season

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:01 pm

By any chance, anyone knows what's our yearly income from tickets?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Scatman » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:25 pm

My guess is each season card holder will have an allotted number of games they can attend, and there will be some kind of ballot to see who gets to see which. That coupled with the option to give it a miss until full crowds are allowed thus freeing up more seats
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
City64 wrote:After receiving mind blowing information about how city are trying to get back fans into home games , reduced capacity and ID issues plus a whole host of other bullshit I really don’t know if I can be arsed .

I read somewhere online that there's a huge issue with Seasoncards in that if they're shared, or if your card is in another person's name, you need to change it to your name, but then you lose your loyalty points. I'm pretty sure this will negatively affect long-term fans far more than people who bought their card in the past 5 or 6 years.

You are correct with the having to change it to your name if you have it and it has someone else's name on it. They are offering the same 1000 points for this as they do for new ST holders so I don't see the issue here - if you have been getting the benefit of someone else's loyalty history - unlucky

Mine has always been in my own name but now they want photo ID ? There are also rumours from within the club that only around 14K will be allowed into the ground the first couple of games or so with temperature checks and all that bollocks ??? If this is true how are they going to calculate SC payment ? for all ? never mind tickets on open sale . In fact can’t see open sale tickets happening until next year at the earliest with all this track and trace bullshit . Just want to jump on a train get pissed in the city center then jump on a boisterous tram to the Etihad . Walk into the ground have a piss then watch the game and shout and sing my fucking head off ,
It ain’t gonna happen anytime soon !

Where did it ask you for photo ID? Mine just asked me to confirm my details had not changed.

The 'trials' that are supposed to take place in the next few weeks with live spectators (other sports, snooker, racing and cricket, so nothing like football) are with socially distanced crowds. That suggests every other seat, or perhaps two out of three, will be left empty, so capacity 33-50%. Since ST are more than that I believe, I don't know how they will decide who goes to each game and misses out.

I too can't see open sale tickets or indeed away fans until spring.

Read it again . It says SC holders “may be”
asked for photo ID on entering the stadium . Now this opens up a minefield as you can’t just ask every other SC holder it should be all or nothing but either way it will still cause chaos on entering. Maybe even going down the ID badge route until a vaccine is found ( no chance of that happening) or the virus curtails on its own in the future . It is an impossible situation all PL fans need to get their head around before re purchasing their SCs , and again how on earth are the club going to calculate the overall season cost per game per SC holder ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:55 pm

City64 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
City64 wrote:
salford city wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
I read somewhere online that there's a huge issue with Seasoncards in that if they're shared, or if your card is in another person's name, you need to change it to your name, but then you lose your loyalty points. I'm pretty sure this will negatively affect long-term fans far more than people who bought their card in the past 5 or 6 years.

You are correct with the having to change it to your name if you have it and it has someone else's name on it. They are offering the same 1000 points for this as they do for new ST holders so I don't see the issue here - if you have been getting the benefit of someone else's loyalty history - unlucky

Mine has always been in my own name but now they want photo ID ? There are also rumours from within the club that only around 14K will be allowed into the ground the first couple of games or so with temperature checks and all that bollocks ??? If this is true how are they going to calculate SC payment ? for all ? never mind tickets on open sale . In fact can’t see open sale tickets happening until next year at the earliest with all this track and trace bullshit . Just want to jump on a train get pissed in the city center then jump on a boisterous tram to the Etihad . Walk into the ground have a piss then watch the game and shout and sing my fucking head off ,
It ain’t gonna happen anytime soon !

Where did it ask you for photo ID? Mine just asked me to confirm my details had not changed.

The 'trials' that are supposed to take place in the next few weeks with live spectators (other sports, snooker, racing and cricket, so nothing like football) are with socially distanced crowds. That suggests every other seat, or perhaps two out of three, will be left empty, so capacity 33-50%. Since ST are more than that I believe, I don't know how they will decide who goes to each game and misses out.

I too can't see open sale tickets or indeed away fans until spring.

Read it again . It says SC holders “may be”
asked for photo ID on entering the stadium . Now this opens up a minefield as you can’t just ask every other SC holder it should be all or nothing but either way it will still cause chaos on entering. Maybe even going down the ID badge route until a vaccine is found ( no chance of that happening) or the virus curtails on its own in the future . It is an impossible situation all PL fans need to get their head around before re purchasing their SCs , and again how on earth are the club going to calculate the overall season cost per game per SC holder ?

Now I've looked, I see the bit about Photo ID. It is under the section called 'Seasoncard Transfer', and since I'm not doing that I didn't bother reading it, but the mail is not clear if it only applies to supporters who are transferring cards.

It's hard to see how they can do a regular direct debit or one off cost when they don't know how long restrictions will last and how many games each ticket holder will see.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:32 am

Thank god our December looks easy (on paper). The Feb 6-March 6 stretch will be our toughest run of opponents. I wonder where the CL fixtures fall in that range, if at all.

Liverpool likely arent losing in April or May either so we'd better be ahead by then
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:31 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The 'trials' that are supposed to take place in the next few weeks with live spectators (other sports, snooker, racing and cricket, so nothing like football) are with socially distanced crowds. That suggests every other seat, or perhaps two out of three, will be left empty, so capacity 33-50%. Since ST are more than that I believe, I don't know how they will decide who goes to each game and misses out.

I reckon it will be one seat surrounded by empty seats on all sides, so one-in-two seats one row, next row empty, and so on. This will allow a 25% capacity, if we use the away fans' section as well, meaning 13,750 fans (give or take), which is in line with the 14K I've seen being bandied about. Now I don't now what they'll do about families, particularly those with younger kids, who want to sit together.

My guess is that barely anyone will end up sitting in their normal seat (or even their normal block), but after the first few games they'll try to do some organization to allow households to sit together, etc.

The only other issue is stewards: will we need more of them to maintain social distancing, and will this, in turn, reduce the capacity? If someone's desperate to attend matches but might have issues with their ST, it might be worth seeing if they're hiring...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:58 am

I dont know, you would wonder, everybody sitting there miles apart like Billy no mates.
For the spectators it will be a horrible experience, I wouldn't bother.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:19 am

sheblue wrote:I dont know, you would wonder, everybody sitting there miles apart like Billy no mates.

Exactly, especially for families with kids and groups of mates who go together and are dotted around the ground. I wonder what the facilities will be like for disabled supporters (and their carers), too?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:08 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The 'trials' that are supposed to take place in the next few weeks with live spectators (other sports, snooker, racing and cricket, so nothing like football) are with socially distanced crowds. That suggests every other seat, or perhaps two out of three, will be left empty, so capacity 33-50%. Since ST are more than that I believe, I don't know how they will decide who goes to each game and misses out.

I reckon it will be one seat surrounded by empty seats on all sides, so one-in-two seats one row, next row empty, and so on. This will allow a 25% capacity, if we use the away fans' section as well, meaning 13,750 fans (give or take), which is in line with the 14K I've seen being bandied about. Now I don't now what they'll do about families, particularly those with younger kids, who want to sit together.

My guess is that barely anyone will end up sitting in their normal seat (or even their normal block), but after the first few games they'll try to do some organization to allow households to sit together, etc.

The only other issue is stewards: will we need more of them to maintain social distancing, and will this, in turn, reduce the capacity? If someone's desperate to attend matches but might have issues with their ST, it might be worth seeing if they're hiring...

From a social distancing point of view, people who live together could sit close together, but then that would make planning of the layout much more complicated and probably different for each game, so maybe not practical.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:15 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

From a social distancing point of view, people who live together could sit close together, but then that would make planning of the layout much more complicated and probably different for each game, so maybe not practical.

Exactly, and I reckon it would be nigh-on impossible to re-generate a seating plan for each game if they want to have any kind of 'rotation' of ST holders, or allow someone else in if someone cancels their ticket. Best case scenario is a scheme like for cup tickets, with those with the most loyalty points registering and getting to attend, but with the condition that they understand that the seat they're allocated is the seat they'll sit in (same households included). If they fail to attend a game without notifying the club more than 48 hours in advance or don't observe social distancing in the ground, those on a waiting list are given a chance to take their seats.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wooders » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:24 am

I’m hearing through the grapevine that some games are not going to be televised despite being played behind closed doors - in fact only an extra 20 additional games from the whole league are being shown....??
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:55 am

sheblue wrote:I dont know, you would wonder, everybody sitting there miles apart like Billy no mates.

It will be an absolute abject experience sitting on your own in a quarter capacity Etihad . It certainly isn’t for me or many fans I know . An option to opt out for this season should be made available to all SCs something which the club are refusing to discuss which is totally wrong imo with the circumstances with which we are faced .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:12 am

Wooders wrote:I’m hearing through the grapevine that some games are not going to be televised despite being played behind closed doors - in fact only an extra 20 additional games from the whole league are being shown....??

That has got to be down to £ again. They've proven that it was easy enough to show all the lock-down games but now they cannot? Sounds to me like Sky & BT are trying to hoover up the normal match-day going fan, get them signed up and then they will televise the extra or somesuch.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Scatman » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:18 am

Wooders wrote:I’m hearing through the grapevine that some games are not going to be televised despite being played behind closed doors - in fact only an extra 20 additional games from the whole league are being shown....??

Seek and ye shall find
Scatman

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:20 am

City64 wrote:

It will be an absolute abject experience sitting on your own in a quarter capacity Etihad . It certainly isn’t for me or many fans I know . An option to opt out for this season should be made available to all SCs something which the club are refusing to discuss which is totally wrong imo with the circumstances with which we are faced .

They would be better off using the opt-out option as whichever way they try to get fans back into the ground, the logistics around it will be a nightmare. I'm not going to go with my 12 year old and sit apart My eldest is 22 so he could be a bit more flexible but if he could not sit with us, wouldn't want to sit anywhere and on his own.
Maybe the club could look at some form of retainer where you paid a sum to retain your seat regardless of whether you used it but again, how to monitor it?
salford city

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:45 am

salford city wrote:
City64 wrote:

They would be better off using the opt-out option as whichever way they try to get fans back into the ground, the logistics around it will be a nightmare. I'm not going to go with my 12 year old and sit apart My eldest is 22 so he could be a bit more flexible but if he could not sit with us, wouldn't want to sit anywhere and on his own.
Maybe the club could look at some form of retainer where you paid a sum to retain your seat regardless of whether you used it but again, how to monitor it?

I definitely can't see the current ST payment model working for either club or fans. Maybe they should look at some form of pay per game/two or three game bundle for the first half of the season and perhaps a 'half-season ticket' for the remainder.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:03 pm

salford city wrote:

That has got to be down to £ again. They've proven that it was easy enough to show all the lock-down games but now they cannot? Sounds to me like Sky & BT are trying to hoover up the normal match-day going fan, get them signed up and then they will televise the extra or somesuch.

Yes, a different situation now.

The EFL clubs are still selling season tickets and ST holders will get a free pass to iFollow, the EFL's streaming service, where they can watch all closed door games.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:59 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
salford city wrote:

The EFL clubs are still selling season tickets and ST holders will get a free pass to iFollow, the EFL's streaming service, where they can watch all closed door games.

That's a good idea for them. Generate and retain the ST cash whilst the social distancing sorts itself out.
salford city

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:21 pm

salford city wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
salford city wrote:

That's a good idea for them. Generate and retain the ST cash whilst the social distancing sorts itself out.

As part of my aim to visit all 92 league grounds, I have joined various club mailing lists and still get mails from some of them, Below is an example from Orient of what they're doing. While the scale at the PL club is much bigger, and there will be commercial complications regarding screening of games, the issues are probably similar. Loss of corporate match day revenue will be a big blow for PL clubs too.

"With games commencing behind closed doors, all Season Card holders will be able to stream home league games with an exclusive access code provided to each Season Card Holder. This will be accompanied by a detailed step-by-step guides on how to view from a variety of devices.

The Club are excited to soon be able to launch a number of enhancements to the streaming offer. Non Season Card holders will be able to purchase passes for £10 per game. The Club will be announcing further details next week.

In readiness for the re-admittance of supporters, the Club are working hard to calculate capacities and seating layouts given the current regulations on social distancing. This is a complex task that involves assessing areas such as access, seating layouts, concourses, facilities and egress, to ensure compliance with regulations and to keep all our supporters as safe as we can.

This may mean that, for a time, fans may not be seated in their requested seat or be sat with their usual neighbours, however, we will be announcing more details on this in the coming days".
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
salford city wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
salford city wrote:

As part of my aim to visit all 92 league grounds, I have joined various club mailing lists and still get mails from some of them, Below is an example from Orient of what they're doing. While the scale at the PL club is much bigger, and there will be commercial complications regarding screening of games, the issues are probably similar. Loss of corporate match day revenue will be a big blow for PL clubs too.

"With games commencing behind closed doors, all Season Card holders will be able to stream home league games with an exclusive access code provided to each Season Card Holder. This will be accompanied by a detailed step-by-step guides on how to view from a variety of devices.

The Club are excited to soon be able to launch a number of enhancements to the streaming offer. Non Season Card holders will be able to purchase passes for £10 per game. The Club will be announcing further details next week.

In readiness for the re-admittance of supporters, the Club are working hard to calculate capacities and seating layouts given the current regulations on social distancing. This is a complex task that involves assessing areas such as access, seating layouts, concourses, facilities and egress, to ensure compliance with regulations and to keep all our supporters as safe as we can.

This may mean that, for a time, fans may not be seated in their requested seat or be sat with their usual neighbours, however, we will be announcing more details on this in the coming days".

Thanks for sharing that HS, interesting to see how this pans out. Obviously it only mentions the home game screenings as its ST related so they will still require a solution for the away games but I imagine most would be happy with this in the lower leagues
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum