Went to Paris instead of Welcome to Messi Manchester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to Messi Manchester

Postby Crossie » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:27 pm

I find this all very comical and typical City. We wait since 2008 to sign Messi, finally he’s free to and literally the same day, we sign a long term player who’s taking up a (not very) free spot in the squad which could have been Messi’s. If I was a club chairman I’d be saying to Levy, we’re going for Messi in 24 hours unless you accept £100m for Kane. Sign Kane for £100m then sign Messi too.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Messi is "shocked and disappointed" he isn't signing for Barca.

This is a guy where you can count his wealth in the hundreds of millions who for the last five years alone has taken Barca for over half a billion. The financial difficulties they are now in can be attributed in no small way at his door. If he was that desperate could he not sign for 50k a week? A still not inconsiderable salary when all is said and done.

My sympathy extends to the square root of fuck all. I think history will show him to be a control freak who ruled the roost at Barca with far more influence than is necessary or good for the club
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:27 pm

City64 wrote:Barca about to announce a loss of around €480 million euros last season . Frightening !
They are in massive shit .

The silence from Tebas about this whole saga speaks volumes. Financial doping? Fuck off you slug like disgrace and come back when your own clubs houses are in order
nottsblue

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:35 pm

I read on the Beeb that last season Barca were paying 110% or their income on wages, and that without Messi on the books it drops to 95% or their income.
If Messi was such a die hard Barca nut he'd walk through walls for the club not bleed it dry to the point of extinction.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:17 am

How much money does he actually need. If he did love Barca so much he would play for free.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:18 am

sheblue wrote:How much money does he actually need. If he did love Barca so much he would play for free.

This.
Incredible greed.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nickyboy » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:34 am

PeterParker wrote:
sheblue wrote:How much money does he actually need. If he did love Barca so much he would play for free.

This.
Incredible greed.

He should just agree a £0 contract but a £100k a goal bonus. Would keep them under the wage cap then.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:23 pm

PSG has booked Eiffel tower for tuesday. Did the same thing with Zlatan and Neymar. So that's over then. He is never going to play for City.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:27 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

This.
Incredible greed.

He should just agree a £0 contract but a £100k a goal bonus. Would keep them under the wage cap then.

Read that he's not allowed and HAD to receive at least 50% of his previous salary
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:45 pm

Two's Kompany wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

This.
Incredible greed.

Read that he's not allowed and HAD to receive at least 50% of his previous salary

Really?
Is that a la Liga rule?
Would that apply if another la liga club signed him then?
nottsblue

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:56 pm

Nah not having it he said he offered 50% drop then they didn’t come back with anything after that
Greedy end off and he’s crying on tv
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dimples » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:54 pm

Nick wrote:Nah not having it he said he offered 50% drop then they didn’t come back with anything after that

What is even more bizarre is that there are fans crying outside the stadium?
This is what happens when a player becomes bigger than the club.
IMO he is still way behind Diego who won a World Cup and two Italian titles (when all the best players were playing in Italy) carrying his teams on his back surrounded by average players.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:17 am

Dimples wrote:
Nick wrote:Nah not having it he said he offered 50% drop then they didn’t come back with anything after that

What is even more bizarre is that there are fans crying outside the stadium?
This is what happens when a player becomes bigger than the club.
IMO he is still way behind Diego who won a World Cup and two Italian titles (when all the best players were playing in Italy) carrying his teams on his back surrounded by average players.

I love Diego but let’s not get it twisted.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:50 am

nottsblue wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

This.
Incredible greed.

Really?
Is that a la Liga rule?

Realistically he isn't going to play for another Spanish team, but basically Barca are/were reportedly paying 115% of their income in wages with him on their books. La Liga's rule is 70 per cent.
If he leaves they are still well above that.
The rule is Messi still can't accept less than 50% of his previous contract to 'prevent fraud' and is a Spanish law, not La Liga.
The top and bottom of this is they are in a right mess. This is why they NEED the ESL.

I think Laporta knew all along they couldn't afford Messi as did Victor Font, who thought Barca should've accepted the offer from us 12 months ago.
Laporta knew that he wouldn't win the Presidential Election if he said selling Messi was the only option, BUT now it's La Liga who are seen as the bad guys and not him.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:58 am

Two's Kompany wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:He should just agree a £0 contract but a £100k a goal bonus. Would keep them under the wage cap then.

Really?
Is that a la Liga rule?

Realistically he isn't going to play for another Spanish team, but basically Barca are/were reportedly paying 115% of their income in wages with him on their books. La Liga's rule is 70 per cent.
The rule is Messi still can't accept less than 50% of his previous contract to 'prevent fraud' and is a Spanish law, not La Liga.
The top and bottom of this is they are in a right mess. This is why they NEED the ESL.

I think Laporta knew all along they couldn't afford Messi as did Victor Font, who thought Barca should've accepted the offer from us 12 months ago.
Laporta knew that he wouldn't win the Presidential Election if he said selling Messi was the only option, BUT now it's La Liga who are seen as the bad guys and not him.

Interesting that about Spanish law. You would think someone in Messi’s team of advisers would have known this.
And paying 95% of their turnover on wages is just irresponsible. Tebas, presumably is all over this denouncing Barca as charlatans and indulging in financial doping :lol: :lol:
But if this is the case, then how have they managed to sign Aguero, Depay and Garcia, who presumably haven’t offered their services for peanuts?
nottsblue

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:30 am

nottsblue wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:He should just agree a £0 contract but a £100k a goal bonus. Would keep them under the wage cap then.

Really?
Is that a la Liga rule?

Interesting that about Spanish law. You would think someone in Messi’s team of advisers would have known this.
And paying 95% of their turnover on wages is just irresponsible. Tebas, presumably is all over this denouncing Barca as charlatans and indulging in financial doping :lol: :lol:
But if this is the case, then how have they managed to sign Aguero, Depay and Garcia, who presumably haven’t offered their services for peanuts?

I honestly don't know, but I have been trawling the internet (blame the weather!!!) for information because I was stunned this has moved so quickly.
I see Aguero is injured so will be 'out' for a while! No wonder they wanted to re-negotiate Garcia's deal is it?
They have gambled everything on the ESL rescuing their finances.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:54 am

This is indeed a shit show of the highest order. And I reckon the merry go round has only just started. They cant even give Coutinho away, presumably because of his wages and there are not going to be many takers for Griezmann either because of age and salary.

Might be worth making a cheeky bid for their young lad, Fatu? Only 17/18 but looked relatively decent. Of course he could be another Bojan, but equally he could turn out to be very good
nottsblue

Postby PaulieIrish » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:20 am

Wonder what this Daily Mirror headline is about
Barcelona have lodged a complaint with the European Commission to prevent Paris Saint-Germain from signing Lionel Messi.
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:24 am

PaulieIrish wrote:Wonder what this Daily Mirror headline is about
Barcelona have lodged a complaint with the European Commission to prevent Paris Saint-Germain from signing Lionel Messi.

So, they let him go, made it official and they made a complaint against the club that wants him from preventing to sign him.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to sign him back and PSG will end up as the clowns of all this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:54 pm

PeterParker wrote:
PaulieIrish wrote:Wonder what this Daily Mirror headline is about

So, they let him go, made it official and they made a complaint against the club that wants him from preventing to sign him.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to sign him back and PSG will end up as the clowns of all this.

It's not Barca the club making the complaint, it's just one of the season ticket holders who own shares
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum