Wolves v City pre match build up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wolves v City pre match build up

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:21 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Why we have not signed a top striker is fuckign beyond comprehension.

Jesus will never ever be a constant match winner for us......ever.

We have no spine, we need a dominant Centre half a Kante type MF as not one has any legs or aggressive intent, we also need a world class forward. We have no chance without a killer upfront no Aguero, no chance. I wonder is Pep just being a knob about the Lyon defeat. What I mean is, he is asking the squad to right a wrong in his mind, they can do it his way he is that stubborn he wants to prove they can do it. Massive mistake in my opinion. It will be a car crash season, hope I am so so wrong !!

That's the feel for me also.
I think he didn't learn anything from that game and that will cost us really, really big.

It also looks that the team isn't motivated at all, they need a fresh start also.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:31 am

PeterParker wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Why we have not signed a top striker is fuckign beyond comprehension.

We have no spine, we need a dominant Centre half a Kante type MF as not one has any legs or aggressive intent, we also need a world class forward. We have no chance without a killer upfront no Aguero, no chance. I wonder is Pep just being a knob about the Lyon defeat. What I mean is, he is asking the squad to right a wrong in his mind, they can do it his way he is that stubborn he wants to prove they can do it. Massive mistake in my opinion. It will be a car crash season, hope I am so so wrong !!

I think he didn't learn anything from that game and that will cost us really, really big.

It also looks that the team isn't motivated at all, they need a fresh start also.

If it was 5 a side we would piss it, teams like Wolves, Leeds and a new look Arteta Arsenal are going to give us a lot of problems. The Aguero injury is Vinny again, no way would l think he would do it again, but it looks like he is that stubborn, if Jesus starts slow or gets injured it’s on him, I do think accountability is being ignored by the club. If it’s his last season or not we are not in great shape, so could be a free pass for the Scousers for a Season or 2, not good enough.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:49 am

Hazy2 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

If it was 5 a side we would piss it, teams like Wolves, Leeds and a new look Arteta Arsenal are going to give us a lot of problems. The Aguero injury is Vinny again, no way would l think he would do it again, but it looks like he is that stubborn, if Jesus starts slow or gets injured it’s on him, I do think accountability is being ignored by the club. If it’s his last season or not we are not in great shape, so could be a free pass for the Scousers for a Season or 2, not good enough.

I said it, if he is going next summer, I super agree with the board not giving him a white check to sign everyone he wants, most of all with his record on the back. I hoped last season was a transition, but looks like this might be our worst in a while.

But of course, this might be all bollock (which we all home) and they are mad after Lyon and will smash everyone in the league.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:22 am

zuricity wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Well let’s hope this doesn’t happen -:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... g-18-1962/

If i am not mistaken we signed Jimmy Murray later on in 63.

Correct, but I think he left his shooting boots at Wolves, my vague memory of Murray is missing chances that were easier to score, think Raz has modelled himself on Jimmy :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:31 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Correct, but I think he left his shooting boots at Wolves, my vague memory of Murray is missing chances that were easier to score, think Raz has modelled himself on Jimmy :lol:

yep , my Dad took me to an away game at Bury
i think both Murray and the big fella Derick Kevan scored for us .

just dug out the team that day

City Dowd, Bacuzzi, Sear, Kennedy, Wood, Oakes, Pardoe, Gray, Kevan, Murray, Young

should make you proud eh ?

Dave Bacuzzi , Cliff Sear , Nelly up front !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:57 am

zuricity wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
zuricity wrote:

City Dowd, Bacuzzi, Sear, Kennedy, Wood, Oakes, Pardoe, Gray, Kevan, Murray, Young

Looks a decent team that, I think Bobby Kennedy was a big money signing well for the time, Derek Kevan scored a lot I believe, Alan Oakes and Pardoe would go on to better things wouldn’t they.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Regarding the Wolves game, just read Aquero out fot two months, Laporte not fit, also Bernado injured, it doesn’t inspire does it, taking into account our record v Wolves a point would not be bad
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:38 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Regarding the Wolves game, just read Aquero out fot two months, Laporte not fit, also Bernado injured, it doesn’t inspire does it, taking into account our record v Wolves a point would not be bad

I think it's the best we can hope for
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:Serg out for another 2 months

I didn’t think he’d be out so long. I’m still wondering why we didn’t move for Werner. It’s not often a top striker is available.

I’m beginning to wonder if they will ever look for long term replacement for Sergio. We haven’t made a signing that automatically improves the starting 11 in a long time, we have ground to make up and feels like nothing is being done about it.

Bit worried about the Wolves game.

A good positive post out of me.

Wait until Torres is unleashed, then you will see an improvement, all we have to do is score more that our opponents, whatever defence Pep goes with :P
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Outcast » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:29 pm

I'd agree with most on here we need reinforcements for many reasons, I don't agree this should be an excuse for Pep to fail beat so called lesser teams. We still have enough in the locker to beat Wolves despite injuries, of course fully fit squad makes it more comfortable. If you are one of the highest paid manager's in the world, he should find solutions and a way, he's not exactly managing West Brom.
I'd hate to say it and it pains me, Kloppy managed to do it with a weaker squad, wasted alot less and bought well.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:12 pm

we need more players because unlike scouse2 and the rags , we compete in all competitions - to win them.

why shouldn't Laporte play on Monday ? he is not injured he just had to pretend to isolate .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:58 pm

I think I will wait until we actually play a game before I slit my wrists.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 pm

zuricity wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Talking of Bury, I saw them today at West Didsbury, NWCFL !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:50 pm

My cousin is the chairman for Bury AFC. Embarrassing that this team has been set up to be honest.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Mase wrote:My cousin is the chairman for Bury AFC. Embarrassing that this team has been set up to be honest.

Can you ask him to sign Mendy?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:33 am

Mase wrote:My cousin is the chairman for Bury AFC. Embarrassing that this team has been set up to be honest.

I know Bury’s story, what is the crack with this club, they lost btw have signed a lot of players on decent money for this level? Not the best players either, they should win the League still. May face a big challenge from Isle of Man who are canyou believe paying the travel costs of the visiting teams, at amateur level '!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:00 am

Hazy2 wrote:

I know Bury’s story, what is the crack with this club, they lost btw have signed a lot of players on decent money for this level? Not the best players either, they should win the League still. May face a big challenge from Isle of Man who are canyou believe paying the travel costs of the visiting teams, at amateur level '!!!!

He’s just set this AFC up in the hope that Bury fans would latch on. He’s never been in to football “properly” and was a rag when he was a kid.

I can’t see them being around for long, like you say, they’re signing a lot of ex-professionals in one big go.

Still, the kits look nice though. That reminds me, when I was a kid I played for Bury Juniors. One year whoever was in charge of ordering the kits at Bury added an extra zero to the quantity column for the home shirt by mistake (must have been around 2000-2002). Bury received about 100,000 home shirts that they’d never sell. Had to sell brand new shirts for £5! Bury donated about 50 shirts to our team so we each ended up with three shirts each. It’s no wonder the club went under :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

He’s just set this AFC up in the hope that Bury fans would latch on. He’s never been in to football “properly” and was a rag when he was a kid.

I can’t see them being around for long, like you say, they’re signing a lot of ex-professionals in one big go.

Still, the kits look nice though. That reminds me, when I was a kid I played for Bury Juniors. One year whoever was in charge of ordering the kits at Bury added an extra zero to the quantity column for the home shirt by mistake (must have been around 2000-2002). Bury received about 100,000 home shirts that they’d never sell. Had to sell brand new shirts for £5! Bury donated about 50 shirts to our team so we each ended up with three shirts each. It’s no wonder the club went under :lol:

A few Bury fans were about but West get healthy crowds of 400 or so so not sure how many. Oh Gundo has C19 so out of the game tonight,
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:44 am

According to a few sources, Garcia won’t play tonight so that he doesn’t risk injury. I suppose we’ll know later if he’s on the verge of going back to Barca
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:53 am

Zero buzz
Zero confidence
We are absolutely shit without Laporte at CB
We were absolutely shit v Lyon just a few weeks ago
Has anything improved?
I doubt it !