Season Ahead

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Season Ahead

Postby CBBT » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:10 pm

Would never purposely try to start the new season on a downer but!! If we don’t buy a c/b of some stature and a recognised striker then I see another season like last , even worse. That said I do hope Pep signs for another five years but do wonder if some of the reasons of no big signings is because this is his last year?? God I hope not , I know it’s not good business but just for once to settle City fans of a certain age that have still seen more bad times than good please Khaldoon tell us what’s going on , please???
YOU DON'T PICK CITY , CITY PICKS YOU AND WHEN IT HAS!! NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY THATS IT NO MORE NO SEASON TICKET IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY THE BLUE MIST THE ONLY TIME YOU STOP BEING BLUE IS WHEN YOU DIE!!
IF YOU ARE LUCKY IN YOUR ERA OF BEING BLUE YOU WILL SEE SUCESS IF NOT HEARTBREAK EITHER WAY YOU WILL BE BLUE. ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!

CITY TILL I DIE !!!
CBBT
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio!!

Re: Season Ahead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:24 pm

CBBT wrote:Would never purposely try to start the new season on a downer but!! If we don’t buy a c/b of some stature and a recognised striker then I see another season like last , even worse. That said I do hope Pep signs for another five years but do wonder if some of the reasons of no big signings is because this is his last year?? God I hope not , I know it’s not good business but just for once to settle City fans of a certain age that have still seen more bad times than good please Khaldoon tell us what’s going on , please???

Baldie will go if we have another shit season (Quite right too )....no one will need to ask him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CBBT wrote:Would never purposely try to start the new season on a downer but!! If we don’t buy a c/b of some stature and a recognised striker then I see another season like last , even worse. That said I do hope Pep signs for another five years but do wonder if some of the reasons of no big signings is because this is his last year?? God I hope not , I know it’s not good business but just for once to settle City fans of a certain age that have still seen more bad times than good please Khaldoon tell us what’s going on , please???

Baldie will go if we have another shit season (Quite right too )....no one will need to ask him.

Just posted on pre match thread - Aquero out two months, Laporte not fit, Bernardo injured, left back still a problem, still no CB, hardly inspiring is it.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:04 pm

I don’t think we will be strong enough to challenge without improving the team. I was initially happy with how we went about the quick signings of Ake and Torres but things have really stagnated. Doesn’t help matters that we moved from the whole Messi hysteria to radio silence.

Still time to strengthen of course while the windows still open but I can’t deny I’m getting more concerned as the days go by.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:16 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I don’t think we will be strong enough to challenge without improving the team. I was initially happy with how we went about the quick signings of Ake and Torres but things have really stagnated. Doesn’t help matters that we moved from the whole Messi hysteria to radio silence.

Still time to strengthen of course while the windows still open but I can’t deny I’m getting more concerned as the days go by.

The club were silent through out the whole Messi shit, it was the media and our fans that blew it up!!

There was no proof anywhere that Pep met up with him when he went home.

You're right though we've still got time to strengthen.

Sergio 2 months is a hammer blow, I hadn't heard that news, last I saw was a video 3 days or so of him training.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Sergio was running with a ball yesterday how can he be out for another two months.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:49 pm

Has he got injured again?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:52 pm

sheblue wrote:Sergio was running with a ball yesterday how can he be out for another two months.

Baldie said its lack of match fitness...fuck knows why that takes 2 fuckign months .

There again , Baldie tells more porkies than Billy fuckign liar.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CBBT » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:56 am

Why are people on here getting very PEP disrespectful?? I have been going to CITY since 1964 and I will never understand two things in life 1. Is woman 2. Is City fans , yes we have been through more bad than good in my lifetime. But the slow climb back to the top has taken some time considerable effort oh yes and money, Francis Lee started it although he pit club right but forgot about what went on on the pitch, he should never of sacked Brian Horton, and even then we had some downs !! 1999 was the what you would call the modern start to the City we now know. Even Shinawatra played his part and now we have a guy that is a winner!! He has one failing , he is always looking to better things and therefore tinkers, very much like the sport he plays (golf). Players get to the top then start to tinker to get better sadly it works very often the other way, that is somewhat Pep's Achilles heel he needs a strong No 2 to stand up and tell him when he is wrong! Kolo Toure or even Yaya if he retired could do this. Vincent would have been great but he has gone straight into the top job.
"Guardiola, to put it another way, has outlasted the previous 19 City managers. Or 23, if caretaker managers are included. And if he stays until the end of March, he will overtake Book, too. Nobody will have managed the club longer since Joe Mercer, from 1965 to 1971. And, hold on a moment, wasn’t it said of Guardiola that he rarely stuck around?"

For Gods sake lets not start going backwards here fellas, we still have one hell of a team that can get a hell of a lot better!!! CTID
YOU DON'T PICK CITY , CITY PICKS YOU AND WHEN IT HAS!! NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY THATS IT NO MORE NO SEASON TICKET IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY THE BLUE MIST THE ONLY TIME YOU STOP BEING BLUE IS WHEN YOU DIE!!
IF YOU ARE LUCKY IN YOUR ERA OF BEING BLUE YOU WILL SEE SUCESS IF NOT HEARTBREAK EITHER WAY YOU WILL BE BLUE. ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!

CITY TILL I DIE !!!
CBBT

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:05 am

sheblue wrote:Sergio was running with a ball yesterday how can he be out for another two months.

He's not, Pep was alluding to how long it takes him to get back to his peak fitness.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 am

This is a huge season for Gabriel, Rodri and Foden. All of them have a chance of cementing a starting place in the first 11. Would like to see Cancelo in some games where the opponent parks the bus and we don't need Walker's physicality.

I have a funny feeling that we might see a more improved Mendy this season. 8-)
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 am

CBBT wrote:Why are people on here getting very PEP disrespectful?? I have been going to CITY since 1964 and I will never understand two things in life 1. Is woman 2. Is City fans , yes we have been through more bad than good in my lifetime. But the slow climb back to the top has taken some time considerable effort oh yes and money, Francis Lee started it although he pit club right but forgot about what went on on the pitch, he should never of sacked Brian Horton, and even then we had some downs !! 1999 was the what you would call the modern start to the City we now know. Even Shinawatra played his part and now we have a guy that is a winner!! He has one failing , he is always looking to better things and therefore tinkers, very much like the sport he plays (golf). Players get to the top then start to tinker to get better sadly it works very often the other way, that is somewhat Pep's Achilles heel he needs a strong No 2 to stand up and tell him when he is wrong! Kolo Toure or even Yaya if he retired could do this. Vincent would have been great but he has gone straight into the top job.
"Guardiola, to put it another way, has outlasted the previous 19 City managers. Or 23, if caretaker managers are included. And if he stays until the end of March, he will overtake Book, too. Nobody will have managed the club longer since Joe Mercer, from 1965 to 1971. And, hold on a moment, wasn’t it said of Guardiola that he rarely stuck around?"

For Gods sake lets not start going backwards here fellas, we still have one hell of a team that can get a hell of a lot better!!! CTID

You don't think the 20 odd million pounds a year PeP gets or the fact that the Spanish duo bend over for him, like a pair of slappers ,has anything to do with him sticking around longer than he has done at his ONLY 2 other real clubs hes managed before us ?

I don't like him and never have - from the time he tried telling City fans not to boo the CL anthem and who can forget that time he turned round and gave the fans a dirty look because we dared to cheer for his mate Bravo when he made ONE save..it was a City fans being City fans...something this Manager will never ever understand - to top it off this man never ever fails to plug in his love for Barcelona whenever he can ......even when no question of them has been asked , he still finds an angle to bring them up.

On the footballing front - he has NOT addressed the CB part of our defense and he has NOT addressed the left hand side and he has NOT addressed the desperately needed forward we require - hes paid 20 million pounds and change...............just remember that point.

We play tomorrow with the above personnel failings.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CBBT wrote:Why are people on here getting very PEP disrespectful?? I have been going to CITY since 1964 and I will never understand two things in life 1. Is woman 2. Is City fans , yes we have been through more bad than good in my lifetime. But the slow climb back to the top has taken some time considerable effort oh yes and money, Francis Lee started it although he pit club right but forgot about what went on on the pitch, he should never of sacked Brian Horton, and even then we had some downs !! 1999 was the what you would call the modern start to the City we now know. Even Shinawatra played his part and now we have a guy that is a winner!! He has one failing , he is always looking to better things and therefore tinkers, very much like the sport he plays (golf). Players get to the top then start to tinker to get better sadly it works very often the other way, that is somewhat Pep's Achilles heel he needs a strong No 2 to stand up and tell him when he is wrong! Kolo Toure or even Yaya if he retired could do this. Vincent would have been great but he has gone straight into the top job.

You don't think the 20 odd million pounds a year PeP gets or the fact that the Spanish duo bend over for him, like a pair of slappers ,has anything to do with him sticking around longer than he has done at his ONLY 2 other real clubs hes managed before us ?

I don't like him and never have - from the time he tried telling City fans not to boo the CL anthem and who can forget that time he turned round and gave the fans a dirty look because we dared to cheer for his mate Bravo when he made ONE save..it was a City fans being City fans...something this Manager will never ever understand - to top it off this man never ever fails to plug in his love for Barcelona whenever he can ......even when no question of them has been asked , he still finds an angle to bring them up.

On the footballing front - he has NOT addressed the CB part of our defense and he has NOT addressed the left hand side and he has NOT addressed the desperately needed forward we require - hes paid 20 million pounds and change...............just remember that point.

We play tomorrow with the above personnel failings.

The whole Pep thing is really a long, long debate.
What I don't like about him are two things:

1) The distance and the non stop feel that he is going
I fell, same as the Bayern fans pointed out. He doesn't know/wants to make the fans love him, something that german cunt Klopp knows how to do. After the CAS verdict was the first time since he came here when I've heard him saying things as they were. That was a thing I loved about Mancini, even if he is far inferior that Pep. He knew how to step up and defend the club.
It doesn't help at all when he points out with every chance he has that Barcelona is the club he loves. I get that, but you are here for 4 years now and he still doesn't understand what it is to be a City fan.
Also, the media will non stop come out and say he is going, etc. We are a club hated by the media and he needs to speak to the fans. Last summer when Sarri was appointed at Juventus, do you remember the rumours? He didn't came once and say it was bollox until they Sarri was named.

2) His arrogance on accepting the flaws he/we have
99% of the games we lose are for major fuckups and brainfarts that we can see for a mile away. I genuinely can't remember the last game we lost when a team was better than us and not because we he fucked up with the lineup or tactics.

I respect him a lot for what he did here and even if, of course, he annoys the fuck out of me, I want him to stay for another decade, but I, as a fan, can't do this constant mistery of a relation he has with us.
As for us, we need to understand that typical City is gone, even if we still have it in our blood. We are the best club in the country in the past decade, us, who lost at York. We are a totally different level and maybe our kids/grandkids will enjoy even greater succes in the next 30-40 years.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby CBBT » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Well I guess that’s why we are all different, but can’t agree with anything you say other than the positions we need filling.
His love for Barca is not an issue for me , just because you play for a team that’s your job your love maybe somewhere else . We have had lots of players that were not City fans and lots who converted after being here and living with us. We have even had Rags supporters play and work for us. The second best manager that lot over the road played for us in the thirties and Frank Swift died trying to help red players in the Munich crash. We are all different thank god!!
One last q who would you have if Pep left?? Klopp???

CITY TILL I DIE !!!
CBBT

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:27 pm

CBBT wrote:Well I guess that’s why we are all different, but can’t agree with anything you say other than the positions we need filling.
His love for Barca is not an issue for me , just because you play for a team that’s your job your love maybe somewhere else . We have had lots of players that were not City fans and lots who converted after being here and living with us. We have even had Rags supporters play and work for us. The second best manager that lot over the road played for us in the thirties and Frank Swift died trying to help red players in the Munich crash. We are all different thank god!!
One last q who would you have if Pep left?? Klopp???

I don't have a problem with his love for Barca, I have a problem with him reminding us about the love for Barca with every chance he has (see the press conference on friday).

For me it would be Allegri. But I reckon Pochettino will be our next manager if he goes next summer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby CBBT » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Fair enough mate, but again I don’t like or rate either of them !!

CITY TILL I DIE !!!
CBBT

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:04 pm

CBBT wrote:Fair enough mate, but again I don’t like or rate either of them !!

I like Allegri. Pooch I think is not great, but he is a smart manager.
Tuchel is someone I like also.

Hope we don't end up with Rodgers :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby trueblue64 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Fern is our new captain for this season. Pep also said he would love to stay beyond this season but he has to earn a new contract.
http://www.skysports.com/share/12077034
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Poor decision to make Fern captain. Realistically, how many games is he going to start? Far better to have a regular starter. Laporte, KDB or even Walker should have the armband
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Left field again. Fern i love, but like Zabba his legs have left the building some time ago, he still as sharp in mind, but always always caught for pace. Fuckin ridiculous by Pep IMO.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum