Jules Koundé

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jules Koundé

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:11 pm

Sam Lee has routinely mentioned City wanted a dominant, established CB to come in and partner Laporte. this isn't that. it may be for the best. time will tell. but it seems like we had a top 2 of Koulibaly and Gimenez and apparently couldnt get either of them. Gimenez gets injured way too often and many on here have pointed out Koulibaly's age and price tag. maybe it's fortuitous that we couldnt get those two?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:30 pm

He looks fast.
Him and Ake are both fast, two assets we missed last season as every team that had fast players ripped us a new one.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:45 pm

PeterParker wrote:He looks fast.
Him and Ake are both fast, two assets we missed last season as every team that had fast players ripped us a new one.

Exactly mate.

We need pace at CB with the style of football we play, and perhaps more now with Rodri as our 6 rather than Dinho, to recover on counterattacks, which everyone knows is the primary way to defeat us.

To be fair, this was also why we wanted Koulibaly, who also has loads of pace as well.

Strength and arial ability are also important, along with technical prowess.

He fits the bill and has loads of potential.

I don't feel this is a panic buy, it's just the next best alternative and it could prove to be the better signing if it goes through.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:49 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Exactly mate.

We need pace at CB with the style of football we play, and perhaps more now with Rodri as our 6 rather than Dinho, to recover on counterattacks, which everyone knows is the primary way to defeat us.

To be fair, this was also why we wanted Koulibaly, who also has loads of pace as well.

I don't feel this is a panic buy, it's just the next best alternative and it could prove to be the better signing if it goes through.

Hope this is spot on.
If not it's your fault.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:05 pm

He's the absolute spit of the thick kid in the last few series of Benidorm
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nick » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:34 pm

Isnt this like paying 50 mill for garcia ? So one goes for free and we replace him with a 50 mill guy (difference is garcia has shown to a degree he can play here).

I know its Garcia being a knob at the but for me its peps fault for dropping him.after playing well and clean sheet in December
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Tru_Blu » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:48 am

he reminds me of Gael Clichy
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Outcast » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:57 am

Nick wrote:Isnt this like paying 50 mill for garcia ? So one goes for free and we replace him with a 50 mill guy (difference is garcia has shown to a degree he can play here).

I know its Garcia being a knob at the but for me its peps fault for dropping him.after playing well and clean sheet in December

We are demanding 25m, Barca only willing to pay I think 15m. Not exactly free.

This dude apparently is more rated than Carlos, top Spanish clubs are eyeing him up. They say 50m is a steal.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Outcast » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:58 am

PrezIke wrote:

Exactly mate.

And only 21
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:12 am

Nick wrote:Isnt this like paying 50 mill for garcia ? So one goes for free and we replace him with a 50 mill guy (difference is garcia has shown to a degree he can play here).

You aren't far wrong

We have three solid CBs this season, Laporte, Ake and Garcia. And surely that's ok? Yes we lose Garcia in all likelihood next summer but thats a year away. We still have him this season and him and Laporte were a decent pairing. If we stick to a solid back four for most of the games and don't constantly make 2,3 or even 4 changes then we will be fine in defence

Still need a forward though
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:44 am

nottsblue wrote:

You aren't far wrong

We have three solid CBs this season, Laporte, Ake and Garcia. And surely that's ok? Yes we lose Garcia in all likelihood next summer but thats a year away. We still have him this season and him and Laporte were a decent pairing. If we stick to a solid back four for most of the games and don't constantly make 2,3 or even 4 changes then we will be fine in defence

Still need a forward though[/quote

If we get legs in MF and a killer forward like say Kane the defence will have less to-do. Fact is we overplay lose it and first chance they score. Story of last season. With MF stuck on the halfway line.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby salford city » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:39 am

Hazy2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

You aren't far wrong

Still need a forward though[/quote

If we get legs in MF and a killer forward like say Kane the defence will have less to-do. Fact is we overplay lose it and first chance they score. Story of last season. With MF stuck on the halfway line.

Pretty much where we are. Im a fan of Rodri and think he will improve in the no.6 role but you cannot give him pace so his positioning and reactions need to quicken. Ake will be an asset at both ends dont know anything about this kid apart from he is rated as the better of the cbs at Sevilla. I'm hoping that we have a striker lined up but I sincerely doubt it
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nick » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:00 am

Outcast wrote:

This dude apparently is more rated than Carlos, top Spanish clubs are eyeing him up. They say 50m is a steal.

But hes said he is running his last year down, so he will go for free.

Does seem a bit weird behind the scene with us not looking in great shape for the early season.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PrezIke » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:54 pm

In Europa League against Wolves he did VERY WELL against Traore reportedly.

Here's some more video of him in the game:

Watch on youtube.com

And his performance in the Europa Leauge Final where his more experienced partner, Carlos, was AWFUL:

Watch on youtube.com

Look at how high he leaps for one header in midfield at about 1:10 and in the box from a free kick at 2:35.

Wow.

The lad has ridiculous hops so his height won't really matter and can probably surprise taller players.

Clearly strong with the ball, good vision and decisions (from what it appears) for a young defender and has the pace and strength Garcia lacks.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:59 pm

Outcast wrote:

He's going to leave for free, IMO.

Nick: No, it's not the same in any way whatsoever mate.

Pep probably dropped Garcia because right after he started that game with the clean sheet he told us he won't sign a new contract and wants to go back to Barca.

Garcia has 1 year left on his contract.

Kounde is signed through 2024.

Koulibaly is signed through 2023
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Never heard of him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:22 pm

uninspiring
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:39 pm

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nick » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:49 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Outcast wrote:

He's going to leave for free, IMO.

Nick: No, it's not the same in any way whatsoever mate.

Pep probably dropped Garcia because right after he started that game with the clean sheet he told us he won't sign a new contract and wants to go back to Barca.

Garcia has 1 year left on his contract.

Kounde is signed through 2024.

Koulibaly is signed through 2023

I meant in December. We were fucking with dinho, garcia came in played well, rare clean sheet and was dropped next game and we conceded
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:21 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:uninspiring

Then this is a home run transfer. If youve never heard of him he must be really good
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum