***Wolves v CITY Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Wolves v CITY Official Match Thread***

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:12 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Taking into consideration player availability and it was our first game we have to be happy with that result. I am not a Mendy fan, but getting a yellow early doors for next to fuck all does not help, I also believe he was targeted by Wolves to get a sending off.
Ake will be a good signing, versatile too, he can play LB, so overall happy, but CB and LB must be a priority

Every team targets Mendy , it’s because he is shite !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:13 am

On the Mendy issue, from early second half you could see he was isolated on the left. I was surprised Pep didn't make an adjustment to support him.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 am

london blue 2 wrote:On the Mendy issue, from early second half you could see he was isolated on the left. I was surprised Pep didn't make an adjustment to support him.

Play with 2 left backs because he is shite ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:24 am

City64 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:On the Mendy issue, from early second half you could see he was isolated on the left. I was surprised Pep didn't make an adjustment to support him.

He didn't get much help with Traore from Sterling, who looked unhappy when he was pulled.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:02 am

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

He didn't get much help with Traore from Sterling, who looked unhappy when he was pulled.

I was unhappy Sterling wasn’t subbed earlier because it was another one of “those “ performances from him frustrating as fuck at times . Mendy got bullied and was clueless in a couple of situations with Traore 2nd half , it’s “those “ situations that cost us points and hard earned wins . Mendy is a fucking liability not matter how anyone sugar coats his 2nd half performance last night he is and has been a liability for us .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:08 am

City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

I was unhappy Sterling wasn’t subbed earlier because it was another one of “those “ performances from him frustrating as fuck at times . Mendy got bullied and was clueless in a couple of situations with Traore 2nd half , it’s “those “ situations that cost us points and hard earned wins . Mendy is a fucking liability not matter how anyone sugar coats his 2nd half performance last night he is and has been a liability for us .

Thing is, Mendy got booked early door for fuck all. So he was in a position where he could barely make a challenge. Pep/Razza didn't provide much support so he was isolated against their most dangerous player for 65 minutes.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:39 am

london blue 2 wrote:
City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

Thing is, Mendy got booked early door for fuck all. So he was in a position where he could barely make a challenge. Pep/Razza didn't provide much support so he was isolated against their most dangerous player for 65 minutes.

The stick he gets is not 100% fair am I fan NO is he good enough 1v1 NO is he getting the same ride Walker gets NO who is free as a bird to go up and down the pitch, his end product is as bad as Mendy's but he is the best athlete I have ever seen other than KDB who is dif gravy. a real bonus for us with his fitness and drive. City would do a lot worse than take Arrons from Norwich he could be great back up to both at sensible money. 1 for the future dare I say it as good as scouse trent, but a better defender.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:32 am

Read the Beeb match report this morning, I'm assuming as I never bothered to read it, that in the same report from the red shite v palace, that it was also Greenwood's first game back since being sent home in disgrace?
Mentioned again in our teport with a further story attached. I dont see any on the red wonder kid..tossers
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:52 am

london blue 2 wrote:
City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

Mendy unlucky with the booking but he was clumsy because he is a clumsy cunt and it costs us points . He is a big strong fucker ffs , he has to be clever and better to be of the standard MCFC require .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:21 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

Yep, that booking fucked him up, solid until that point. They created nothing on that side when Torres came on, surprised and frustrated Pep didn't make that change earlier.

I do think Mendy has lost that athleticism that set him apart following those injuries. Traore did him for pace a few times, which tbf is half expected, it was when Neto did him on the outside that I thought fuck. It's messing him up going forward too as he doesn't have that burst of acceleration to go down the line as much as he had.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Mendy was skinned by their player 8 times out of 10 yesterday and that has fuckall to do with anything other than hes just shit.....fuckign shit.

I lost count of how many crosses they got in with him unable to stop them...it became ridiculous.

A fuckign wank player who should be nowhere near our first team and anyone who thinks otherwise needs a fuckign frontal lobotomy.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:52 pm

As rational and balanced as ever Carl.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:54 pm

You have to be a freak to do what Pep wants as FB. Alves was and Kyle is a specimen, Mendy just not built that way, The Wolves manager turned the tide, Pep almost hung our left side out for me ! If we had the third its damage limitation for them 2-0 is still dodgy for us sadly. We need a killer up front Kane Cavani or Suarez. Any fucker willing to finish of or make the right run, game over with World class finisher which without Sergio we do not have. If your at Anfield missing sitters you get done.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:As rational and balanced as ever Carl.

I guarantee Ill have more support from City fans for my take on Mendy than you ever will on yours.

Hes the weakest link in our team and always has been...if you want to make your absurd excuses for his shit play then go ahead ,fill your boots.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I guarantee Ill have more support from City fans for my take on Mendy than you ever will on yours.

Hes the weakest link in our team and always has been...if you want to make your absurd excuses for his shit play then go ahead ,fill your boots.

What is my take? What excuses?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:28 pm

Mendy can not defend and we have to face up to it, he is not the player we thought he would be, granted those injuries didn't help. But the fact remains first and foremost, a full back must be able to defend the flank, he must be able to stop the cross at source. He just does not do that well at all, and he, if he plays, will be targeted more and it will cost us.
Sadly we still have a left back problem, going on a long time now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:45 pm

I miss Kolarov.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What is my take? What excuses?

The booking fucked him up - Excuse number 1....your take was ''he was solid up until that point ' which is BS as he was skinned twice that I can remember in the first half alone.
''Traore did him for pace a few times, which tbf is half expected'' - Excuse number 2...... and your take on that is -'' its expected'' !!.............when someone is faster than you then your timing and positioning has to be good ,good enough to stop him in his tracks to allow another of your players to cover you.......hes not good though..hes shit at both of those actions whereas we have had zinchenko and even Delph there in the past who have had to face players like salah and the like , who are a lot fuckign faster than they are but they coped very well...even to the point of ''having them in their pockets.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:49 pm

sheblue wrote:Mendy can not defend and we have to face up to it, he is not the player we thought he would be, granted those injuries didn't help. But the fact remains first and foremost, a full back must be able to defend the flank, he must be able to stop the cross at source. He just does not do that well at all, and he, if he plays, will be targeted more and it will cost us.
Sadly we still have a left back problem, going on a long time now.

Most of us know this mate...most of us.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think he is a fucking joke, cannot forget the fucking Geordies laughing and taking the piss when we went for the ball and fell over, ungainly, I have seen oil tankers turn faster, lost stamina and pace, bad timing of tackles, oh and his positional sense is shit, apart from that not bad for 50 mill
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum