***Wolves v CITY Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Wolves v CITY Official Match Thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:05 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:As rational and balanced as ever Carl.

I guarantee Ill have more support from City fans for my take on Mendy than you ever will on yours.

Hes the weakest link in our team and always has been...if you want to make your absurd excuses for his shit play then go ahead ,fill your boots.

I think he is a fucking joke, cannot forget the fucking Geordies laughing and taking the piss when we went for the ball and fell over, ungainly, I have seen oil tankers turn faster, lost stamina and pace, bad timing of tackles, oh and his positional sense is shit, apart from that not bad for 50 mill

I think most of us think hes shit but there are one or two fans who try to justify some of his shit play - if we were to analyze his overall play then there would probably be 1% justification of his shit play not being directly down to him.
Overall hes just not at the races...it took him 26 minutes to make a forward pass (The rest were sideways or backwards ) and that pass went to fucking no one..I remember it well as I said so in the match thread.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:08 pm

Nathan Ake showed the world how to defend last night . Calm , strong , quick and a real presence with no fuss and can fucking pass a ball . Mendy £50 million and can’t do any of those basics ......... embarrassing!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:14 pm

City64 wrote:Nathan Ake showed the world how to defend last night . Calm , strong , quick and a real presence with no fuss and can fucking pass a ball . Mendy £50 million and can’t do any of those basics ......... embarrassing!

And I think Ake was not even100% fit - I remember Otto warming up int he first half as Ake seemed to be 'slightly struggling' at one stage.

PeP did well to buy this player..it was a no fuss signing and he fitted in really well - the other dumb cunt cannot even control a ball well or even head a ball to a City player !!!!..No one near him and he heads it with his eyes closed- harsh ? if you rewind the match you will see what I mean - embarrassing indeed.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:As rational and balanced as ever Carl.

I guarantee Ill have more support from City fans for my take on Mendy than you ever will on yours.

Hes the weakest link in our team and always has been...if you want to make your absurd excuses for his shit play then go ahead ,fill your boots.

What is my take? What excuses?

The booking fucked him up - Excuse number 1....your take was ''he was solid up until that point ' which is BS as he was skinned twice that I can remember in the first half alone.
''Traore did him for pace a few times, which tbf is half expected'' - Excuse number 2...... and your take on that is -'' its expected'' !!.............when someone is faster than you then your timing and positioning has to be good ,good enough to stop him in his tracks to allow another of your players to cover you.......hes not good though..hes shit at both of those actions whereas we have had zinchenko and even Delph there in the past who have had to face players like salah and the like , who are a lot fuckign faster than they are but they coped very well...even to the point of ''having them in their pockets.

Traore dribbled by him twice in the whole game Carl.

Show me any left back that will stop Traore getting by them a couple of times a game.

I'm sure it was Mendy who played in defences that kept clean sheets against Salah in recent seasons. Just checked, 3 games v Salah, 3 clean sheets.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Outcast » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Can we have a poll on Mendy to stay or out?

On a serious note, it's well documented we need a left back, what's available in the market apart from Alaba?

We could scout the french league, young up and coming prospect? They tend to produce good left backs, I stand corrected. It's time we found a cheap gem than spending stupid amounts, time our scouts earned their corn
What about the academy, any prospects? surely can't be as bad as Mendy?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nick » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:58 pm

Outcast wrote:Can we have a poll on Mendy to stay or out?

On a serious note, it's well documented we need a left back, what's available in the market apart from Alaba?

We could scout the french league, young up and coming prospect? They tend to produce good left backs, I stand corrected. It's time we found a cheap gem than spending stupid amounts, time our scouts earned their corn

Re sign clichy?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Nick wrote:
Outcast wrote:Can we have a poll on Mendy to stay or out?

Re sign clichy?

I think re-signing Bridge would be a better option than keeping Mendy the way he's performed the last 2 years...... :shock:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby littlebig » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:40 am

Fkin Wayne Bridge!! Don’t get me started... What a shambles of a signing that was. We had some corkers from that period but it had to be done
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Outcast » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 am

We paid over £90m for Mangala and Mendy

Let that sink in
Outcast

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 am

Outcast wrote:We paid over £90m for Mangala and Mendy

Let that sink in

You could have let everyone in for free at the Etihad for the last season and a half for that, longer if wages are added.

We got properly bummed on these
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:09 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The stick he gets is not 100% fair am I fan NO is he good enough 1v1 NO is he getting the same ride Walker gets NO who is free as a bird to go up and down the pitch, his end product is as bad as Mendy's but he is the best athlete I have ever seen other than KDB who is dif gravy. a real bonus for us with his fitness and drive. City would do a lot worse than take Arrons from Norwich he could be great back up to both at sensible money. 1 for the future dare I say it as good as scouse trent, but a better defender.
Bendy's got a 2018 world cup winners medal - so he can't be as bad as I think he is
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The stick he gets is not 100% fair am I fan NO is he good enough 1v1 NO is he getting the same ride Walker gets NO who is free as a bird to go up and down the pitch, his end product is as bad as Mendy's but he is the best athlete I have ever seen other than KDB who is dif gravy. a real bonus for us with his fitness and drive. City would do a lot worse than take Arrons from Norwich he could be great back up to both at sensible money. 1 for the future dare I say it as good as scouse trent, but a better defender.
Bendy's got a 2018 world cup winners medal - so he can't be as bad as I think he is

He won many trophys JC....mostly from his fucking sick bed.

Sack of shit.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:51 pm

Let that sink in

We did, we have made some mistakes. It wont be the last time, all top teams do it. Just look at Pogba and Kepa.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:54 pm

sheblue wrote:

Let that sink in

We did, we have made some mistakes. It wont be the last time, all top teams do it. Just look at Pogba and Kepa.

Maguire - 80 million !! hes fuckign shit.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:09 pm

sheblue wrote:

Let that sink in

True, Mangala is the worst one, fucker couldn't pass a ball, in fact what was he good at? I genuinely don't dislike him, unlike Carls obsessive dislike to Mendy.

Here is a question, if you had to pick one of those two with a gun pointed to your head, who'd you have?
Outcast

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Outcast wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Let that sink in

True, Mangala is the worst one, fucker couldn't pass a ball, in fact what was he good at? I genuinely don't dislike him, unlike Carls obsessive dislike to Mendy.

Here is a question, if you had to pick one of those two with a gun pointed to your head, who'd you have?

I know Mendy can be a liability but I'd have him over Carl every time.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Carl is funnier on social media.
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:02 pm

The bigger question for Carl - Lescott or Mendy
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ayrshireblue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:13 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

As has Pogba!
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:15 pm

Mase wrote:The bigger question for Carl - Lescott or Mendy

Death by hanging.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum