A little Carabao chat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

A little Carabao chat

Postby CuteMancs » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Sorry everyone, very few comments for tomorrow night and this selection is from three separate threads. The only take away point I can get from this is that they are more concerned about their league game than our match. As this is my only job at the moment, its good to have a distraction though

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referees: Marc Perry and Neil Davies
Fourth Official: David Coote

Team Selection

Travers
Smith Ofoborh Simpson Rico
Cook Arter Kilkenny
King Surridge Anthony

And the rest…

Think we will get stuffed.

City confirmed they’d be fielding virtually an academy side for this game, literally lost all interest in this. It’s virtually a pre-season friendly against Man City under 21s.

They have won it the last 3 seasons. 5 times in the last 7 seasons. That hardly sounds like a team disinterested.

Players all being test and we're splashing out on the tests ourselves even though Man City offered to cover the costs. Interesting. The finances can't be too parlous then.

I will be following City with interest this season just because of Nathan, I have a lot of respect for him as a player and a person, I wish him all the best.... I hope HE scores on his debut too!

They look bloody good City, Foden doesn't look out of place among his more senior teammates either, big season from him you'd think.

For me a completely meaningless game where we are going to lose no matter what team we put out…We don't need this game or need to stay in this competition. A complete distraction from our promotion push and more worrying the chance to pick up some more unwanted injuries…IMO we should be looking to rest as many first teamers as possible…Also great chance to give the youngsters another run out and a chance to experiment with various formation changes during the game!

I'd love a cup run but (and this is admittedly defeatist) the likelihood of us beating Man City away is low. I'd be happier we played our reserves/wantaways and gave it everything we have against Norwich. If we beat Man City and lost to Norwich I'd be very frustrated.

I think that not one of our players will expect to get anything out of the game whatever Citeh choose to put out. Let the youngsters go out and have a bit of fun and get some match time. Then get on with winning the Championship.

Given Norwich is 3 days after this game, that should be the priority. But tough one, a hammering wont do too much for morale.

For sure City will not be playing their strongest XI anyway, but with Gundogan missing the game now because of a COVID-19 diagnosis, it they will have even less quality to draw on.

Yep, they'll be down to their last three £50m players the poor little lambs.

Re Peps possible (EDS) team selection: Potential for a positive result…Also potential for a demoralising defeat.

Didn't Liverpool do that last year v Villa and lost 5 nil ?

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: A little Carabao chat

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:52 pm

Thanks for that.

Anyone wanting to stream can do so via https://carabaocup.live/ but £10 seems a bit steep
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:04 pm

Cheers CM

Not read anywhere about playing an EDS team. Pep clearly likes this cup and has a history of putting decent sides out
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:56 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Thanks for that.

Anyone wanting to stream can do so via https://carabaocup.live/ but £10 seems a bit steep

Greedy cunts. A tenner to watch otter constantly trip himself up and a few young lads still in nappies.
Would like to see Delap, Doyle etc though. Might have to splash out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:42 pm

Fucking Covid, fucks sake. I got early tea and bath, a little excited for the game tonight and it's not ducking Thursday is it. Fucking Corrie.

Anyways cheers and hope you are doing well Cutemancs.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:25 pm

Anyone seen Delap in action? What are his throw ins like?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:47 am

Green & Blue wrote:Anyone seen Delap in action? What are his throw ins like?

It's all about the towel
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby littlebig » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Thanks CM.

I’ve noticed in lots of these posts that other fans commentary on us is not disrespectful or full of hatred. It’s interesting because I would have thought that fans would have followed the media agenda in hatred of City.

As an aside I like to see same from City fans, showing class, and cringe a bit when I see some of the venom posted on here.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:09 pm

littlebig wrote:Thanks CM.

I’ve noticed in lots of these posts that other fans commentary on us is not disrespectful or full of hatred. It’s interesting because I would have thought that fans would have followed the media agenda in hatred of City.

As an aside I like to see same from City fans, showing class, and cringe a bit when I see some of the venom posted on here.

Oh dear .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum