Welcome Rúben Dias

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Rúben Dias

Postby ruralblue » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:09 pm

patrickblue wrote:
aaron bond wrote:Early days yet but he's made a promising start.

Seems to be the tough centre back we've been lacking since Vinny left. But also seems to be able to play too.

Both him and Ake have started well.

At a minimum it ensures Stones is no more than 4th choice centre back. Hopefully he's gone by Jan.

This was everyone's opinion a few months back.
Stones resurrection is nothing short of miraculous.

The lock down of establishments did him good.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby s1ty m » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:28 am

They look as good a pairing as I've seen for donkey's years at City. Dias is something else. Stonesenbaur is back too. Very impressive.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby salford city » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:52 am

s1ty m wrote:They look as good a pairing as I've seen for donkey's years at City. Dias is something else. Stonesenbaur is back too. Very impressive.

Agree with this and also an earlier post where the sum was better than the parts. Fair play to Stones for sorting his shit out, i would have been happy to see him gone before lockdown. Dias has been immense, proper leader material, very vocal, organiser but above all, a defender. If we have full squad to pick from, id give both sunday off with weds game in mind. Taylor is fit(?) So put him in
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:18 am

Both of them have been excellent. What a contrast from last season. Otter, anyone remember him? Ruby would eat him for breakfast. In fairness otter was decent a few years ago.

The arrival of Dias has had a positive impact on Stones as well. Stones is not only playing well but has a partner he can trust 100%. It gives him confidence. A key element to defending.
That wasnt the case last season there was no trust, bond or confidence between whoever played there.
Hallelujah long may the love continue.....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum