Our left back issue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Our left back issue

Postby zuricity » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:07 pm

Seen a few but Young Willie was probably the most reliable.

The thing is , Are these guys supposed to be defenders or left wingers ? I mean Kola quite often would put some cracking crosses in and Ed quite often got onto them . Mendy seems to have all the time in the world on the left and still pumps the ball in when it is obvious there are no City players in the box. Ditto Zinchenko. Almost by rote like Jimmy Buzzard.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:55 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Setlle what? I don't think he'll rediscover what he had before the injuries fucked him and I think we need to bring someone else in there as we can't rely on him. Does that settle it?

Whats settled is the fact that you are not even capable of answering a fuckign simple yes/no question.

Ok then, my answer is no, since it seems you're incapable of seeing things in anything other than black and white.

Mendy is a fucking disaster. Outstanding for Monaco vs Us. But that player/ person has gone.

The guy doens't know where he is on the pitch, doesn't know where his team mates are, doesn't seem to have the first clue of what any game plan is.
Seems surprised when he recieves the ball, cant anticipate what oppo players are about to do, seems genuinely frightend of being involved in play. Cannot position himself to anticipate a turnover or position himself so that he might be able to defend. Takes an age to turn and has lost his pace to catch anyone even average after he does turn. Only has one way to cross - which is just fucking blast it as hard as possible. And the worst for me will consistenly pass backwards when there is either only one defender miles away ahead of him or even no-one at fucking all.

Now how that is not obvious the guy is unfortunately shite - i dont know.

ps. if any of my above points are wrong then pls pick them out

PMSL.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:54 am

Linked with Tagliafico. But ill take anyone at this point
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:44 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Linked with Tagliafico. But ill take anyone at this point

I'll get my boots...... :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:04 am

brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Setlle what? I don't think he'll rediscover what he had before the injuries fucked him and I think we need to bring someone else in there as we can't rely on him. Does that settle it?

Whats settled is the fact that you are not even capable of answering a fuckign simple yes/no question.

Ok then, my answer is no, since it seems you're incapable of seeing things in anything other than black and white.

Mendy is a fucking disaster. Outstanding for Monaco vs Us. But that player/ person has gone.

The guy doens't know where he is on the pitch, doesn't know where his team mates are, doesn't seem to have the first clue of what any game plan is.
Seems surprised when he recieves the ball, cant anticipate what oppo players are about to do, seems genuinely frightend of being involved in play. Cannot position himself to anticipate a turnover or position himself so that he might be able to defend. Takes an age to turn and has lost his pace to catch anyone even average after he does turn. Only has one way to cross - which is just fucking blast it as hard as possible. And the worst for me will consistenly pass backwards when there is either only one defender miles away ahead of him or even no-one at fucking all.

You asked.

See his cross for Aguero's goal against Palace 1.18 https://youtu.be/XvNYMO0xAio

See his cross for the header Delap hit the bar with against Leicester

See his assist last night

Three different types of crosses

The rest is subjective.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:10 am

brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You asked.

See his cross for Aguero's goal against Palace 1.18 https://youtu.be/XvNYMO0xAio

See his cross for the header Delap hit the bar with against Leicester

See his assist last night

Three different types of crosses

The rest is subjective.

Comedy gold and I say comedy gold as if I was to put up you tubes of all his fuck ups then it would just be embarrassing for you to continue defending him as ''not a shit player''
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:19 am

I'm sorry Carl, just to be clear, are you saying they weren't different types of crosses?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'm sorry Carl, just to be clear, are you saying they weren't different types of crosses?

Yes they were, so that means all the fucking dross and shit hes dished up over the years, in his overall play, is now null and void ? and all just because you noticed he has managed 3 different fucking crosses ffs !! Angelino was far superior than Mendy at crossing the ball and we binned him as he was average to shit at everything else - Just like Mendy .

You are in a very small minority defending this clown - believe me.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'm sorry Carl, just to be clear, are you saying they weren't different types of crosses?

Yes they were, so that means all the fucking dross and shit hes dished up over the years, in his overall play, is now null and void ? and all just because you noticed he has managed 3 different fucking crosses ffs !! Angelino was far superior than Mendy at crossing the ball and we binned him as he was average to shit at everything else - Just like Mendy .

No it doesn't mean that and I never claimed it did.

BBS asked me to pick out if any of his above points are wrong, so I did, that's all.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Scatman » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

BBS asked me to pick out if any of his above points are wrong, so I did, that's all.

Tunnel vision, mate. Leave him to it.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Scatman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Tunnel vision, mate. Leave him to it.

Still enjoying furlough ?
Keep that mask on and stay warm .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:41 pm

Funny how we don't hear fans worrying about this as much now do we?

Cancelo may have flaws, but he's one of the best at either RB or LB in the world right now, and is hard to see any other LB's we could target that are on his level with attack that fits so well into Pep's system.

And we still have Walker on the right who's also amongst the best RB's.

With The Zinch still here as backup that is more than good enough for me and we can focus on on backup CDM and of course a no 9.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:41 pm

PrezIke wrote:Funny how we don't hear fans worrying about this as much now do we?

Cancelo may have flaws, but he's one of the best at either RB or LB in the world right now, and is hard to see any other LB's we could target that are on his level with attack that fits so well into Pep's system.

And we still have Walker on the right who's also amongst the best RB's.

With The Zinch still here as backup that is more than good enough for me and we can focus on on backup CDM and of course a no 9.

The kid that played in the League Cup was really quality. Hope we see more of him soon.
Zinch looks like he really lost the team.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum