Juan Manuel Lillo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Juan Manuel Lillo

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:42 pm

Agree with most posts . Again our slide into tepid football , poor form and shit results coincide with Lillo,s tenure from early June to now , we have become shit in that period of time and the players look lost . So in a nutshell he has brought fuck all to the table and made us shit .
GET RID NOW fresh impetus required.
In fact what has he ever achieved ? He has come from piss poor standard football in nothing leagues what the actual fuck is he doing here apart from turning us into a pile of shite ????

GET RID NOW
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:39 pm

City64 wrote:Agree with most posts . Again our slide into tepid football , poor form and shit results coincide with Lillo,s tenure from early June to now , we have become shit in that period of time and the players look lost . So in a nutshell he has brought fuck all to the table and made us shit .
In fact what has he ever achieved ? He has come from piss poor standard football in nothing leagues what the actual fuck is he doing here apart from turning us into a pile of shite ????

GET RID NOW

So if you pop into McDonald’s you expect Ronald McDonald to flip the burger? The buck stops with the Head coach. Nobody is getting a free ride at City mate, that is the old City x
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:35 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:Agree with most posts . Again our slide into tepid football , poor form and shit results coincide with Lillo,s tenure from early June to now , we have become shit in that period of time and the players look lost . So in a nutshell he has brought fuck all to the table and made us shit .

GET RID NOW

So if you pop into McDonald’s you expect Ronald McDonald to flip the burger? The buck stops with the Head coach. Nobody is getting a free ride at City mate, that is the old City x

If you hire a complete useless cunt you get failure .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:48 pm

Here is brief selection of Lillo,s managerial CV .

Quingdad Huanghai
Vissel Kobe
Athletico National
Millionaires
Dorados Sinaloa

Absolutely never fucking heard of any of that pile of shite ??? WTAF ??? And he has never lasted more than 12 months at any club in the last decade. Also a brief 6 month stint as assistant coach for Chile national team . He gets fucked off pretty rapid from every shit club he turns up at so why the fuck is he at MCFC turning us into Quingdad fucking Huanghai ffs ????
What the fuck have we hired ?????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:55 pm

64 you have joined the Rant club congratulations. Top class
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:01 pm

Hazy2 wrote:64 you have joined the Rant club congratulations. Top class

Facts Hazy facts . Somehow we have hired a complete fucking useless cunt .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:13 pm

City64 wrote:Here is brief selection of Lillo,s managerial CV .

Quingdad Huanghai
Vissel Kobe
Athletico National
Millionaires
Dorados Sinaloa

Absolutely never fucking heard of any of that pile of shite ??? WTAF ??? And he has never lasted more than 12 months at any club in the last decade. Also a brief 6 month stint as assistant coach for Chile national team . He gets fucked off pretty rapid from every shit club he turns up at so why the fuck is he at MCFC turning us into Quingdad fucking Huanghai ffs ????

Yes, he hasn’t had a successful career in this regard but he’s not know for this.

He’s a football philosopher. An ideas man, who s a MASSIVE influence on Pep’s attacking style, not as a man manager, so looking at his CV in terms of coaching success is not going to tell the right story:

https://www.skysports.com/football/stor ... ester-city

Lillo has long been an advocate of an ambitious, progressive, possession game. Some credit him with coming up with the 4-2-3-1 formation. Others criticise him for being a zealot – a man whose ideas about the game have not translated into results for his many employers.

Pep was a player under him and looked to Lillo as a mentor:

Lillo once likened his relationship with Guardiola to that of a father and his son, although Guardiola himself now dismisses that notion with a smile.

“I never felt like his son. I have a father, a good one, and that is enough for me.”

But a mentor? An inspiration? That he will accept.

Asked to explain what made him turn to Lillo, he is emphatic.

“His knowledge. His intelligence. His humanity. The way that he prepares his sessions. We are quite similar in how we see football and how we understand the game. He is a friend.”
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Clowncrete » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:27 pm

Quingdad Huanghai
Vissel Kobe
Athletico National
Millionaires
Dorados Sinaloa

He is an assistant, not manager. Plenty of assistants and coaches make terrible managers. Arteta is currently proving that.

We have no idea what he does behind the scenes. Yes, out current 2 man midfield idea might be his idea but our players are lacking intensity, confidence and missing sitters. We can change formation and that won't change at all.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:42 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Quingdad Huanghai
Vissel Kobe
Athletico National
Millionaires
Dorados Sinaloa

Yes, he hasn’t had a successful career in this regard but he’s not know for this.

He’s a football philosopher. An ideas man, who s a MASSIVE influence on Pep’s attacking style, not as a man manager, so looking at his CV in terms of coaching success is not going to tell the right story:

https://www.skysports.com/football/stor ... ester-city

Lillo has long been an advocate of an ambitious, progressive, possession game. Some credit him with coming up with the 4-2-3-1 formation. Others criticise him for being a zealot – a man whose ideas about the game have not translated into results for his many employers.

Pep was a player under him and looked to Lillo as a mentor:

Lillo once likened his relationship with Guardiola to that of a father and his son, although Guardiola himself now dismisses that notion with a smile.

“I never felt like his son. I have a father, a good one, and that is enough for me.”

But a mentor? An inspiration? That he will accept.

Asked to explain what made him turn to Lillo, he is emphatic.

“His knowledge. His intelligence. His humanity. The way that he prepares his sessions. We are quite similar in how we see football and how we understand the game. He is a friend.”

So Lillo is a philosopher and a mentor ? I am sure all those shit clubs that fucked him off every few months would agree ?!?!?!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:43 pm

Clowncrete wrote:

Quingdad Huanghai
Vissel Kobe
Athletico National
Millionaires
Dorados Sinaloa

He is an assistant, not manager. Plenty of assistants and coaches make terrible managers. Arteta is currently proving that.

We have no idea what he does behind the scenes. Yes, out current 2 man midfield idea might be his idea but our players are lacking intensity, confidence and missing sitters. We can change formation and that won't change at all.

I could put a list up of all the shit clubs he has spent a few months at as assistant manager if you like ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Clowncrete » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:07 pm

City64 wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:

Quingdad Huanghai
Vissel Kobe
Athletico National
Millionaires
Dorados Sinaloa

I could put a list up of all the shit clubs he has spent a few months at as assistant manager if you like ?

I am not saying that he is the right person, because I have no idea what he has done behind the scenes and unless anyone here is ITK, none of us really do. However, you are overestimating the influence an assistant has if you think sacking him will fix our team. He might have Pep's ear and might be the one who suggested the double pivot but ultimately Pep decides the lineups and the rest of the club heirarchy will trust Pep's decisions. I doubt he has any input on the signings we are making, for example.

Arteta had no experience prior to joining us and will likely end up being sacked by Arsenal, the way Arsenal are sinking down the league. Klopp fired the assistant manager he had at Dortmund a couple of years back and they have gone on to win the league without any issues.

There is no point scapegoating an assistant coach. If the rest of the club's leaders think he is clueless and a bad influence, he will be gone soon enough. I personally will trust Pep and our club's judgement on this!
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby zuricity » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:11 pm

Sorry guys, Pep and his cronies are not playing any different kind of football than what we were taught as kids - a long long time ago. Keep possession , don't play 50-50 balls in the air. Keep the ball on the ground. Play the way you are facing. above all, give the pass rather than be greedy. Pass , give and go, make space - Simple really, Oh and don't shoot from 25 yards out , when you can't shoot properly.

Watching professional footballers ( not just our lads ) fail with absolutely awful crosses, shocking corners , is painful.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby dromoreblue » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:23 pm

The only time we see Lillo is lying on his fat ass slumped over his pitchside seat. His body language is crap. Seems to be transmitting his negativity to the team.
dromoreblue
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby zuricity » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:28 pm

dromoreblue wrote:The only time we see Lillo is lying on his fat ass slumped over his pitchside seat. His body language is crap. Seems to be transmitting his negativity to the team.

Jabba the Hutt -esque.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:25 am

Big Mal got all the headlines, he was modern, and inventive. The new City. Turns out Tony Book the quiet man was the solution.
LILO who knows, I would say once the whistle goes MCFC should have converted the draws into wins, just saying 2 conversions to wins we are all sitting back like LILO! The players is who I am looking at.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:28 am

City64 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:64 you have joined the Rant club congratulations. Top class

Facts Hazy facts . Somehow we have hired a complete fucking useless cunt .

I was adding a light hearted mate no offence meant x
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:37 am

Yeah, somehow I can't forget Lillo's open goal miss with Lyon.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:47 am

PeterParker wrote:Yeah, somehow I can't forget Lillo's open goal miss with Lyon.

Or Dias looking at Laporte when he followed Kane around like dog on heat.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:49 am

PeterParker wrote:Yeah, somehow I can't forget Lillo's open goal miss with Lyon.

To be fair sat on his arse looking miserable as fuck contributing absolutely fuck all we were Quindad Huanghai in the CL QF
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:52 am

City64 wrote:

To be fair sat on his arse looking miserable as fuck contributing absolutely fuck all we were Quindad Huanghai in the CL QF

The problem is (I am convinced) Baldie is surrounded by a staff of "yes men". No one is telling him he is wrong, they all agree.
I recall Pellers had that hitman as an assistant.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum