***CITY v Brighton Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***CITY v Brighton Official Match Thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 pm

budfox wrote:Another win, no injuries, clean sheet. Yes we made it hard for ourselves, but hey, three points in the pissing rain will do.

Is the correct answer, especially after just completing our 4th game in 10 days.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Outcast » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 pm

Performances irrelevant at this stage, picking maximum points at this stage is paramount.
Play shit and pick three points is a great sign.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 pm

Pen takers

1) gundo
2) ed
3) no other cunt, ever

This was the order BEFORE he skied it
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Outcast wrote:Performances irrelevant at this stage, picking maximum points at this stage is paramount.
Play shit and pick three points is a great sign.

Absolutely spot on. It’s frustrating but we simply have to win each game. That’s all.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:I just knew he’d blow the penalty, just glad it wasn’t an important one.

Good hard fought 3 points

Sadly, that is the problem. Every fan knew that.

Just not got it when the goal is there for the taking. Give him a chance to think about it and he’ll chose the wrong option. Does it all the time in play, makes no sense to put him over a dead ball he’s bound to bottle it.

Interesting thoughts. What’s his goal scoring stats over the last few seasons, something like 55 PL goals over the last 3 seasons and over 20 assists. That says to me he’s got it but maybe just at a low point.

Not sure why he was taking it after just coming on, when we had Kev and Gundog who were far the better option.

Ah well, 3 points.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:Jesus has hardly moved from the same spot since he came on and still managed to give the ball away four times

He looks disinterested to say the least.

Pull the fucker off for Torres

TBF, he's no left winger and has now moved centrally, where he should be.

Left winger or not, if he’s on the field of play wearing the blue shirt he can put a shift in. There was nothing from him. Worse than having 10 men on the field

wtf are you talking about ? really there is absolutely no reason to have a go at Gabriel tonight . None at all . Now Mahrez .... where do you want to start ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby s1ty m » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:13 pm

salford city wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Someone on here told me Cancelo was a gem. Lol.

Have you not seen him playing recently? He has been a lot better of late given a run of games. I can see youre not a fan of his but there were a lot worse than him tonight and it does enable us to give walker the night off

Yes, there were worse. I can't see what others see. I watch a guy giving the ball away 1 in 3 passes. Positionally terrible in defence. Meh. Disappointing all round. We move on.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
budfox wrote:Another win, no injuries, clean sheet. Yes we made it hard for ourselves, but hey, three points in the pissing rain will do.

Is the correct answer, especially after just completing our 4th game in 10 days.

Absolutely
Could’ve, should’ve been easier at the end, but it’s three points all the same. 7 wins over Xmas and new year with barely conceding a shot on target let alone many goals is the stuff champions are made of.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:I just knew he’d blow the penalty, just glad it wasn’t an important one.

Just not got it when the goal is there for the taking. Give him a chance to think about it and he’ll chose the wrong option. Does it all the time in play, makes no sense to put him over a dead ball he’s bound to bottle it.

Interesting thoughts. What’s his goal scoring stats over the last few seasons, something like 55 PL goals over the last 3 seasons and over 20 assists. That says to me he’s got it but maybe just at a low point.

Not sure why he was taking it after just coming on, when we had Kev and Gundog who were far the better option.

Ah well, 3 points.

Stats would be his only +, to be honest, but if you look at him as a footballer, the complete package, then the things are bad for us.
Sadly you can see he will fuck up critical moments as he often did and things like this can cost us.

For him things are excellent. Amazing advertising contracts, one of the best contracts in the club, no doubt, used often by his manager, no matter how bad he is. Why would he try and solve his weak points?
He made it.

The problem is there might be another critical moment like with Lyon when his fuckup will ruin all the work we did all year long.
We can really replace him without a sweat.

We did it with Silva, Yaya, players far superior.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Kev would have missed!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm

Nick wrote:Kev would have missed!

actually, if ever there was a time to get big Ed involved , that penalty was it . he'd have rifled it into the net .( goalie too).
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 pm

I'm sure pep has admitted ed is the best taker

So let him take it!

1) nobody else can, except gundo
2) not like sterling et al are In the running for golden boot

Even foden is probably a better bet.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:29 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Ah well, 3 points.

Stats would be his only +, to be honest, but if you look at him as a footballer, the complete package, then the things are bad for us.
Sadly you can see he will fuck up critical moments as he often did and things like this can cost us.

For him things are excellent. Amazing advertising contracts, one of the best contracts in the club, no doubt, used often by his manager, no matter how bad he is. Why would he try and solve his weak points?
He made it.

The problem is there might be another critical moment like with Lyon when his fuckup will ruin all the work we did all year long.
We can really replace him without a sweat.

We did it with Silva, Yaya, players far superior.

It’s all about opinions and, as you will guess, ours are way off. Yes, it misses some sitters, as do most forward players, it just seems that people linger on Stirling’s a little longer than most.

I think he’s a valuable asset, you want to get rid. How opinions differ.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It’s all about opinions and, as you will guess, ours are way off. Yes, it misses some sitters, as do most forward players, it just seems that people linger on Stirling’s a little longer than most.

I just don't think he can step up in an "Aguero" moment. He doesn't have it in him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:31 pm

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:Jesus has hardly moved from the same spot since he came on and still managed to give the ball away four times

TBF, he's no left winger and has now moved centrally, where he should be.

Left winger or not, if he’s on the field of play wearing the blue shirt he can put a shift in. There was nothing from him. Worse than having 10 men on the field

wtf are you talking about ? really there is absolutely no reason to have a go at Gabriel tonight . None at all . Now Mahrez .... where do you want to start ?

Mahrez is a given.

My beef with Jesus tonight, and it is just based on tonight’s game, is that he showed absolutely no effort at all. I get that he is hopefully pissed off at not starting or even when he came on he was out wide, but as alluded to he gave literally fuck all. The barest minimum as a substitute is to give fresh legs and spur on the team.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluedj » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:35 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:pls get rid of sterling. jesus can go too!

And take that bag of wind Mahrez as well

All three are passengers. We’ll not win the big one with the triple clowns
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:"nottsblue"]

Mahrez is a given.

My beef with Jesus tonight, and it is just based on tonight’s game, is that he showed absolutely no effort at all. I get that he is hopefully pissed off at not starting or even when he came on he was out wide, but as alluded to he gave literally fuck all. The barest minimum as a substitute is to give fresh legs and spur on the team.

Not true, he was fouled several times just after coming on . He did try. Where were you expecting him to play ? , where Gundo , Rodri and Bernado went missing in the last 15 minutes ? It is a cheap shot to have a go at a sub coming in when the game should have been finished before the hour . Really ! is he supposed to start controlling the midfield ? He's been told to get out on the left and when we don't have the ball to defend. Which he did .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:It’s all about opinions and, as you will guess, ours are way off. Yes, it misses some sitters, as do most forward players, it just seems that people linger on Stirling’s a little longer than most.

I just don't think he can step up in an "Aguero" moment. He doesn't have it in him.

Course he couldn't
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 pm

imagine we'd left sterling at the dippers. they'd be 50M poorer and sterling would be riding the bench or plying his trade in the championship.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:07 pm

Nick wrote:Kev would have missed!

Bring back Dave Shawcross
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal