Who wants dippers to win their next game?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Who wants dippers to win their next game?

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:39 pm

Read that Gobber is saying it would be great for football if the 2 biggest clubs in the land battled it out for titles in the next few years......
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Blue Jam » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:My feeling is what would be best for City. Putting aside the levels of hatred we have for each club, who are our most likely biggest challengers for the title. For my money the dippers are the more likely to last course and distance. They’ve done it before whereas the rags, for this team anyway, are in unchartered territory at the summit of the PL. Can the rags luck hold out for the remainder of the season? I suspect not.

A home defeat for the dippers following on from their recent patchy form will give them more doubt about their credentials and they will lose their air of invincibility. Of course, a rag win at the home of the dippers will likely galvanise them and give them more belief, but at heart, they are not a great side, and I truly believe they will fall by the wayside in the coming months.

So much as it pains me and goes against every fibre of my being, I shall hope the rags win.

That clattenberg stuff worries me. Where is the bias these days? Was definitely dipper oriented last season, rags getting a lot this season.

Its a more proportionate factor than legitimate points in a way.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:08 am

johnny crossan wrote:Read that Gobber is saying it would be great for football if the 2 biggest clubs in the land battled it out for titles in the next few years......

Would suit Sly's agenda to have a rags v dippers battle this season - eventually won by dippers - to set up a 20 v 20 battle for next year. Keeps their click rate up for another 18 months at least.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Kippax Sean » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:44 am

0-0 miserable draw. Cheating on both sides highlighted for the world to see, but we Know that will not happen, usual drivel from the commentators there was contact etc etc.... Both horrible, shit clubs.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:17 pm

Other than our calamity against Leicester, which took three penalties, two extremely dodgy ones, for them to win we have become a very difficult team to score against, when Serg is back and playing regularly our average goal tally will rise, I see us being top of the league after a red draw on Sunday and we’ve completed our games in hand and I just think we will glide away over the next 10 games.
Palace and Villa will not be easy but I’m confident......and then it’s CL time !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:Other than our calamity against Leicester, which took three penalties, two extremely dodgy ones, for them to win we have become a very difficult team to score against, when Serg is back and playing regularly our average goal tally will rise, I see us being top of the league after a red draw on Sunday and we’ve completed our games in hand and I just think we will glide away over the next 10 games.
Palace and Villa will not be easy but I’m confident......and then it’s CL time !!

I'll go with that
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Read that Gobber is saying it would be great for football if the 2 biggest clubs in the land battled it out for titles in the next few years......

A disgrace, but what do we expect. The sooner the Cartel is dismantled the better. We are the last club that they will ever
Allow to mess with the status quo.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Outcast » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:11 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

A disgrace, but what do we expect. The sooner the Cartel is dismantled the better. We are the last club that they will ever

They didn't allow us, we crashed the gate against their will, having deep pockets does help.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:19 am

Outcast wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

They didn't allow us, we crashed the gate against their will, having deep pockets does help.

If they knew what they know now, do you think we would be the most powerful club on the planet?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:26 am

so should the rags win , City and Spuds . Scouse are down to fifth
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:28 pm

zuricity wrote:so should the rags win , City and Spuds . Scouse are down to fifth

Was looking at that this morning - also, could have been 6th if everton had not been called off. Could tip klopp over the edge if it all goes wrong today particularly if we can turn the screw
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:33 pm

salford city wrote:
zuricity wrote:so should the rags win , City and Spuds . Scouse are down to fifth

Was looking at that this morning - also, could have been 6th if everton had not been called off. Could tip klopp over the edge if it all goes wrong today particularly if we can turn the screw

One of the main reasons I'd prefer the rags to win. They will fuck it up by themselves. Seeing the dippers not even in CL spots will put a lot of pressure on Klopp.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

One of the main reasons I'd prefer the rags to win. They will fuck it up by themselves. Seeing the dippers not even in CL spots will put a lot of pressure on Klopp.

That's pretty much where I am. Put the pressure on red scouse and that's a different story
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Good for the broadcasters and media as a whole, and they’ll probably try to influence that very thing. For the actual football fan it’s the complete opposite.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

I’m not sure about that, pal. Looking at how they have basically been given points by the PL then they are the ones I’d suggest need to lose these kind of games.

If the Dippers win they’ll both be on 36 points with 18 played while we are on 32 with 2 games in-hand, meaning it is within our gift to take the title - refereeing withstanding.

Every Rag getting giddy is nauseating!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum