View from the Away End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Away End

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Once again we are stuck with score prediction and team selection threads to find any wisdom from the away fans. I’m not super excited about a Sunday evening game, but that could change depending on how the earlier game(s) go

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Lee Mason
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Tim Wood
Fourth official: Andy Madley
VAR: Martin Atkinson
Assistant VAR: Peter Kirkup

Team Selection

Guiata
Ward - Tomkins - Kouyate - Mitchell
Ayew - Milivojevic - McArthur - Eze
Benteke - Zaha

And the rest…

A truly well deserved and welcome point last night. Looking at the City game, would truly welcome more of the same: 0-0.

City are a hundred times better than Arsenal. City destroyed ManUre last week in the cup. i only hope we do better than the Liverpool annihilation.

With only 3 days recovery for us, and Citeh having won their last four, getting something from this is going to be a tall order. 2-0 Citeh.

On current form, City should analiate us. Many thought the Arse would do the same, given their rich vein of form, but we secured a very credible draw. Even crapy Brighton gave them a tough game and I predict we will not roll over, given our past results at the Ethiad. A point is achievable.

Roy will set up with a loan striker up front, Man City are moving up through the gears now and will be tough opponents to contain. We have taken points off Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and Leicester recently, so based on that I will go 1-1

This is quite a different City side to some previous years. They can struggle to score, but are absolutely imperious defensively. Regardless, I think we’ll be tired, and they’ll outclass us.

Even after a great result against Arsenal this game will be a lot tougher, off course all us fans will hope we can squeeze a result but realistically it will be a question more of keeping down the score to a minimum level.

I don't expect anything, even though we've had some luck there in recent seasons. 5-1 City.

Unchanged team from last night's excellent performance. We struck the right balance between being solid and looking to attack with pace and purpose. Same again and we can take points from City.

Got a feeling he might put Ayew in for Benteke for more pace on the counter attack.

My Tortoise has more pace than Bendonky and he’s been dead for 47 years.

Rest players who need resting…After this game, which we’ll almost certainly lose no matter who we start, we have four really important games in twelve days and we need to be as fit and rested for those as possible. I don’t want to see stupid injuries or suspensions to key players who will need to play most those upcoming four games, so why play them in this game.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Away End

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:02 pm

Cheers CM

A shit KO time but it is what it is

Doubt Palace will be too adventurous and will pack the defence so we will need to be patient and use the width of the pitch. Any old win will do at this stage
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:10 pm

Mason , Madley and Atkinson - sounds like an Accountancy practise. Soon to be made redundant through technology.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby budfox » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:51 am

"Roy will set up with a loan striker up front"

This is a worry, if he's borrowed Mbappe or Lewandowksi we could be in trouble.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:00 pm

budfox wrote:"Roy will set up with a loan striker up front"

This is a worry, if he's borrowed Mbappe or Lewandowksi we could be in trouble.

Ha ha, that was my concern too.... :lol:

As NB says, any old win will do on this one

Thanks CM
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Return to The Maine Football forum