Haaland watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland watch

Postby Dimples » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:40 pm

For me those prices are for a finished article.
The risk factor should be minimal.

So it will be interesting to see how he plays against us.

For those prices I expect to see a player who makes the difference between his team staying in or going out.
Thinking the real Ronaldo before he got crocked or a young Maradona.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Picture of him arriving at the Lowry with a City back pack.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:19 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Picture of him arriving at the Lowry with a City back pack.

Its all very Clever this
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:10 pm

Pep has softened his stance about signing a striker in the summer....
Looks like a new record signing is on the cards.
Just imagine the piss boiling :lol: :lol:
Cant wait.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:21 pm

sheblue wrote:Pep has softened his stance about signing a striker in the summer....
Cant wait.

"Maybe in 5 or ten years owners will spend 100m on a player" = Softened his stance?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
sheblue wrote:Pep has softened his stance about signing a striker in the summer....
Cant wait.

"Maybe in 5 or ten years owners will spend 100m on a player" = Softened his stance?

Poor old Tebas would be exploding - if he wasn't having to fight off plans to unseat him at La Liga
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby salford city » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:25 pm

Looking forward to the kid warming up in his once a blue, always a blue t-shirt tonight
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:40 pm

salford city wrote:Looking forward to the kid warming up in his once a blue, always a blue t-shirt tonight

Now that would be funny I hope he pulls a hammy 3 mins in
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:24 pm

salford city wrote:Looking forward to the kid warming up in his once a blue, always a blue t-shirt tonight

Funnily enough, I’ve just seen the video of him walking out the tunnel to join his teammates on the pitch at the Etihad to train, and he goes “Beautiful huh!” as he walks out. Wonder if he watched City as a kid there and ever thought he’d be walking out there one day.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:16 pm

Mase wrote:

Funnily enough, I’ve just seen the video of him walking out the tunnel to join his teammates on the pitch at the Etihad to train, and he goes “Beautiful huh!” as he walks out. Wonder if he watched City as a kid there and ever thought he’d be walking out there one day.

I reckon so Mase, saw this earlier from an interview with his Dad..............

Alfie Haaland [2013]:

"I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed [the QPR match]. Especially when United had to put the cork back into their champagne bottle. That made me smile, me and my son Erling, who is a Manchester City supporter, were dancing around in the lounge when Aguero scored. I can’t say I have much time for the red half of the city - like most blues - so it was a nice way to win the title. To see the joy on the fans' faces was fantastic and they have never experienced such joy, so I was really happy for them."
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:18 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:

Alfie Haaland [2013]:

"I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed [the QPR match]. Especially when United had to put the cork back into their champagne bottle. That made me smile, me and my son Erling, who is a Manchester City supporter, were dancing around in the lounge when Aguero scored. I can’t say I have much time for the red half of the city - like most blues - so it was a nice way to win the title. To see the joy on the fans' faces was fantastic and they have never experienced such joy, so I was really happy for them."

Brilliant find
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby branny » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:

Alfie Haaland [2013]:

Brilliant find

I'll be gobsmacked if he signs for the rags after reading that.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:02 pm

One game in isolation....

But worth the brass?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:08 pm

Forget Haaland sign Bellingham!!
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:12 pm

He didn’t get much of a sniff, but the way he manhandled Dias shows he should be physically fine in the prem. If he’d have been up top for us not them I’d have backed him to get a couple.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:He didn’t get much of a sniff, but the way he manhandled Dias shows he should be physically fine in the prem. If he’d have been up top for us not them I’d have backed him to get a couple.

It was a quality assist too. Despite not doing anything he was a constant threat i felt.

Still not worth the money tho. Remember what messi did to us a few years ago? Thats what I expect a player to do when the figures are the ones bandied around!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Outcast » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:He didn’t get much of a sniff, but the way he manhandled Dias shows he should be physically fine in the prem. If he’d have been up top for us not them I’d have backed him to get a couple.

It was a quality assist too. Despite not doing anything he was a constant threat i felt.

Still not worth the money tho. Remember what messi did to us a few years ago? Thats what I expect a player to do when the figures are the ones bandied around!

Messi in his prime would cost more than treble, just to put into perspective
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:22 pm

Like others, I've not watched a lot of Haaland if anything before tonight as I'm not one for watching YT Billy Big bollox video's

He doesn't look very agile, if you look at our squad and how quick they are, twists and turns etc.

His movement is like Giant Slalom skier, If you look at our squad, the majority of our players are more like short course slalom skiers.

Like Sheblue said, their stand out player tonight for me was Bellingham
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 am

branny wrote:
Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:

Alfie Haaland [2013]:

Brilliant find

I'll be gobsmacked if he signs for the rags after reading that.

It's a business. However old trafford is a graveyard for players right now so from that point of view I'd be shocked to see him go there.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby sheblue » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:17 am

Haaland didnt really get much service did he. When he beat Dias and got in one on one, Dias had clipped him and put him off.
Other than that he didnt get a lot of opportunity. I would expect that to change next week.

I think he is a smashing player, but the thoughts of splashing out 20m each to his old man and agent are very souring.
But still the reality is you have to pay top money for top players.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum