Haaland watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland watch

Postby patrickblue » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:46 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Since Tevez left we've been a good looking team. Bringing Halaand in would ruin that. Kane as well.
I think we'll go for some under the radar Latin demigod, with cheekbones you can cut wood with.

You’ve just described Otamendi. Not sure he’d come back.

What's Kolorov's cheekbones like. I can't quite remember.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:16 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Since Tevez left we've been a good looking team. Bringing Halaand in would ruin that. Kane as well.
I think we'll go for some under the radar Latin demigod, with cheekbones you can cut wood with.

Let me check the tattoo of him that I have, and I’ll come back to you.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

'bones' remember Mase ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:35 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

'bones' remember Mase ;)

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:56 pm

Pep has confirmed that Delap will be promoted to first team training full-time next season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:36 pm

Mase wrote:Pep has confirmed that Delap will be promoted to first team training full-time next season.

Delap is supposed to be the business, breaking records on his way up. Seemingly an exceptional talent.

Here is a theory:

Early announcement that Kun is moving means replacement deal is already done (otherwise we would be asking to be buggered).
Therefore, it cannot be Haaland or Kane. Imagine the buggering there knowing we have to sign a replacement. Deffo no vaseline.
That leaves Messi. No obstacles to a deal as his contract is up shortly. So the deal could already be done.
Would make sense to bring Messi in for two/three seasons while grooming Delap as his natural replacement.
I would be happy with that plan. Messi would not waste the numerous chances we create, he is still clinical and ridiculously good.
And Delap gets a chance to make it with us.

Far fetched?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:38 pm

This whole thing is a circus. I hate it. Fuck him and his agent off early.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:53 pm

london blue 2 wrote:This whole thing is a circus. I hate it. Fuck him and his agent off early.

I'd agree in as much as tell them what we're prepared to pay and if it's not to their liking, then so be it. Move on.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:38 pm

Dimples wrote:
Mase wrote:Pep has confirmed that Delap will be promoted to first team training full-time next season.

Would make sense to bring Messi in for two/three seasons while grooming Delap as his natural replacement.
I would be happy with that plan. Messi would not waste the numerous chances we create, he is still clinical and ridiculously good.
And Delap gets a chance to make it with us.

Far fetched?

Messi has always used us as a bargaining chip ; he's probably doing it again. He won't come , & I don't want him ; no-one with any sense does.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:05 am

I find it little bit funny how badly some people on the social media have taken Pep's announcement. I can't believe people still live in that Kaka era. Those days are LONG gone. We NEVER play in that "world transfer record" bracket. We still spend lit of money, obviously, but not on individual players. We never wander too far away from that 45 to 60m cap.

I think we'll sign a striker but they are not going to break a bank for one. It's going to be someone like Danny Ings or if we can get good deal then Lautaro Martinez. Haaland and Mbappe are just out of our range. Always were.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Paul68 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:15 am

This suggests we're not going to buy? (Unless it's Pep "mind games" :) )
Also... is sky sports so must be true :lol:
Could ferran step up do you think? He's got some skills.... maybe not finished article but not far short!

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/ ... eplacement
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:46 am

I don’t know what to make of Peps comments about not getting a replacement. Surely the club have had plenty of time to prepare for the idea of signing a solid replacement for Aguero.

I’d be raging if Sergio leaves and Jesus is our only option.

Jesus aside who was our last incoming striker of any note Bony/Nolito?

It absolutely stinks that we are in this position in the first place and now Peps alluding to not being able to afford a suitable replacement.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Scatman » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:08 am

Green & Blue wrote:I don’t know what to make of Peps comments about not getting a replacement. Surely the club have had plenty of time to prepare for the idea of signing a solid replacement for Aguero.

It absolutely stinks that we are in this position in the first place and now Peps alluding to not being able to afford a suitable replacement.

This position? Hes not featured all season and we're getting by ok.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Outcast » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:26 am

Green & Blue wrote:I don’t know what to make of Peps comments about not getting a replacement. Surely the club have had plenty of time to prepare for the idea of signing a solid replacement for Aguero.

I did hear his conference carefully, he didn't rule out buying a striker, just not at the prices quoted by the media which everyone seem to surpass. Reading between the lines, we are buying a striker but not at a extortion price. I think the message is we are interested, if the price isn't right we'll walk away.
Don't rule out anything, we're in the hunt for a striker but don't be surprised to hear us walking out on few deals.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:33 am

Scatman wrote:

Exactly, he's not earned his massive salary at all this season . Also, note to Tin tin , whilst you were injured (again, like two years ago ) the squad went on a great run of victories . It is a team game .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john68 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:45 am

zuricity wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Exactly, he's not earned his massive salary at all this season . Also, note to Tin tin , whilst you were injured (again, like two years ago ) the squad went on a great run of victories . It is a team game .

I refer the Hon Zurich to my previous post in the Ferran thread.

I will add that we are only a football club in the eyes of most fans, I reality we are a football business and while it remains our job to be emotional about this stuff, it is the job of our owners to ensure the books remain profitable.
We haven't done badly without Kun, or even when KDB was missing, in fact we've done rather well.

Nor is this a new situation for the club. We knew that Vinnie needed to be replaced a long time before he eventually retired but went a long time with a central defence that wqas very underwhelming for a long time before fixing it
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:06 am

^^^^ exactly Mr J68.

However , i think Kuns knee is crocked and wherever he goes it wont be the same for him .

The managers , trainers and Medics at City know what they are doing .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:16 am

zuricity wrote:^^^^ exactly Mr J68.

However , i think Kuns knee is crocked and wherever he goes it wont be the same for him .

The managers , trainers and Medics at City know what they are doing .

Kun has been flogged. I hope it’s back to Independente.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:29 pm

Dortmund lost 2-1 to Frankfurt which leaves them seven points outside of CL spots, this could have an influence on their transfer policy
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:37 pm

The market is extremely competitive for the top strikers.

Our fans could probably benefit from accepting we really are not such clear favourites to land Haaland and may not even be favourites at all.

However I do believe Kane IS more likely and if I was betting and had to I'd wager it will be him not Haaland.

Kane will cost about the same and hes older, but he offers other qualities Haaland does not.

This is an edited assessment I posted of our top 4 targets elsewhere:

If the Spafia are good with paying £170m for Kane then this time we get our "top target"...

Okay fine! 2nd After Haaland (who I rate 3rd in our top 4 as likely to sign), but Kane...

Even the somewhat oft injured 28 year old next season 'Arry...

Doesn't rely on pace, is more of a better in the air, stronger, poorer dribbling, aging Messi-like substitute signing who can create and score is a legit game changer in our side of a different kind.

Otherwise I'd expect Joao Felix the 2nd in likely to sign with us after Kane and how far we are willing to go (i.e. pay an inflated fee vs. actual value).

Haaland is 3rd in likely to sign with us, 1st in willingness to pay above the odds.

Lukaku a distant 4th in both likely to sign and how much effort we are willing to put forth (I also think Inter are LEAST likely of the 4 clubs to be willing to sell this summer).

If it winds up none of the 4 are deemed worth it we might just wait another season, as mad as that sounds, we are scoring pretty well without them.

Mahrez more likely to be held for 1 more season as we'd need his goals, in case he wants out.

That's the worst case scenario. Pep just putting that out there to affect the market, and also prepare us for that unlikely outcome.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum