Haaland watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland watch

Postby branny » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:58 am

The Metro reporting that he wants £600k pw (£31m pa). If that's true, we won't be signing him. KDB already holding off signing a new contract until our transfer business is done. In the current climate, those demands will seriously restrict his options.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:17 am

branny wrote:The Metro reporting that he wants £600k pw (£31m pa). If that's true, we won't be signing him. KDB already holding off signing a new contract until our transfer business is done. In the current climate, those demands will seriously restrict his options.

I thought april fool was yesterday? No-one is paying that kind of dosh for him with a transfer fee on top and his release clause kicking in next season.
One thing is for sure in all of this, you won't hear a peep out of our camp on the matter until we announce who we have bought instead
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:35 am

Sounds like hawked around , how does that work for his current employers what same again to us in 4/5 years fuck that. We would be laughing at another Premier club if the star man was smiling waving basically it’s taking the piss as he plotted his exit. This is possibly the new normal, but not for me, Dortmund confirming they are door mats, he might rip us a new one, but is this what we want at the club
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby branny » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:38 am

salford city wrote:
branny wrote:The Metro reporting that he wants £600k pw (£31m pa). If that's true, we won't be signing him. KDB already holding off signing a new contract until our transfer business is done. In the current climate, those demands will seriously restrict his options.

I thought april fool was yesterday? No-one is paying that kind of dosh for him with a transfer fee on top and his release clause kicking in next season.
One thing is for sure in all of this, you won't hear a peep out of our camp on the matter until we announce who we have bought instead

There are clubs with a history of throwing silly wages at players. £600k pw is allegedly what Bale earns, Sanchez £500k at the swamp so if you are his agent and want to do the best for your player, knowing that there's going to be a bidding war, why not ask for that? As I said, he is restricting his choices but somebody will pay him that. It just won't be us.
branny

Postby blues2win » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:48 am

The only Club that would conceivably pay that would be PSG. Chelsea certainly won’t and nor would the scum. Hardly the greatest League to play in.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Burt » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:03 pm

blues2win wrote:The only Club that would conceivably pay that would be PSG. Chelsea certainly won’t and nor would the scum. Hardly the greatest League to play in.

Rags paid not far off that to Sanchez 3 years ago mate!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:54 pm

It's hard for me to understand this if it's about money.

Imho, at this level, there isn't a huge difference between what clubs offer him. I reckon his wages, bonus and game time are +- a couple of millions. My question is, didn't he say to his dad, agent, fuck knows who "listen, the following clubs made contact. This is my rank and how I see them in my desire to join".

Maybe I am naive but if you want to go to City, for example, but Real or filth offer 2 million more you chose them?
Are footballers that greedy?
Either way, he is set for life. I reckon he already is.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm

Burt wrote:
blues2win wrote:The only Club that would conceivably pay that would be PSG. Chelsea certainly won’t and nor would the scum. Hardly the greatest League to play in.

Different times and that was to outbid us - they dont have that dosh now without either a fire sale or risking a salary mutiny wirh pogba and de gea not to mention telly head. Rags will be in for him in the media same as the two in Spain
Been said already, but we will have a price and deal structure and will happily walk away if it goes beyond that- as it will if he is being hawked around so it comes down to the kids ambition
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Burt » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:18 pm

salford city wrote:
Burt wrote:

Different times and that was to outbid us - they dont have that dosh now without either a fire sale or risking a salary mutiny wirh pogba and de gea not to mention telly head. Rags will be in for him in the media same as the two in Spain
Been said already, but we will have a price and deal structure and will happily walk away if it goes beyond that- as it will if he is being hawked around so it comes down to the kids ambition

I wouldn't be sure that they wouldn't break the bank for him me ol' mucka. I still think he may prefer City though as we have a much better structure and our players would bring him forward IMO
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:11 pm

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has said the club are unlikely to buy a striker this summer to replace the outgoing Sergio Aguero.

Full article here

Man City unlikely to buy Sergio Aguero replacement this summer - Pep Guardiola - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56614329
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:20 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has said the club are unlikely to buy a striker this summer to replace the outgoing Sergio Aguero.

Full article here

Man City unlikely to buy Sergio Aguero replacement this summer - Pep Guardiola - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56614329

I wouldn't take whatever PeP says seriously.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby branny » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:02 pm

According to the Sun, Levy has set Kane's price tag at £175m and won't sell to a PL rival. That's him screwed then.
branny

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:04 pm

branny wrote:According to the Sun, Levy has set Kane's price tag at £175m and won't sell to a PL rival. That's him screwed then.

I would say poor Kane, but it’ll be nice watching him rot there.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:17 pm

Mase wrote:
branny wrote:According to the Sun, Levy has set Kane's price tag at £175m and won't sell to a PL rival. That's him screwed then.

I would say poor Kane, but it’ll be nice watching him rot there.

If Kane's worth 175m, I reckon I'd get at least 20 million for my missus
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has said the club are unlikely to buy a striker this summer to replace the outgoing Sergio Aguero.

Full article here

I wouldn't take whatever PeP says seriously.

I don't believe it either but I'm good with him playing mind games with media so fek them
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:24 pm

Since Tevez left we've been a good looking team. Bringing Halaand in would ruin that. Kane as well.
I think we'll go for some under the radar Latin demigod, with cheekbones you can cut wood with.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:04 pm

mr_nool wrote:Since Tevez left we've been a good looking team. Bringing Halaand in would ruin that. Kane as well.
I think we'll go for some under the radar Latin demigod, with cheekbones you can cut wood with.

You’ve just described Otamendi. Not sure he’d come back.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:06 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Since Tevez left we've been a good looking team. Bringing Halaand in would ruin that. Kane as well.

Not really a striker though, is he?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:26 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

He’s that good he could play anywhere to be honest.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:36 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

He’s that good he could play anywhere to be honest.

Benfica fans wish it is anywhere but Lisbon hahahaha
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum