Haaland watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Haaland watch

Postby patrickblue » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:43 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Dortmund lost 2-1 to Frankfurt which leaves them seven points outside of CL spots, this could have an influence on their transfer policy

By all accounts, Haaland was pretty anonymous.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:48 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Dortmund lost 2-1 to Frankfurt which leaves them seven points outside of CL spots, this could have an influence on their transfer policy

Yes, that was mentioned on the report, also Dortmund defence was a shambles
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Yes, that was mentioned on the report, also Dortmund defence was a shambles
If he's too dear for us I reckon we'll need somebody new up front anyway - even if it's Danny Boy. Delap couldn't manage a decent effort against the dipper U-18s this afternoon, it's madness to think he's anywhere near ready for the first team :( :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Outcast » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Smash the yellow Krauts and make sure Haaland doesn't score and we can knock off £20m of his price tag :lol:
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm

Like Haaland has his head on Dortmund I hope he has a mare v us, Ferna nails him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby trueblue64 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:43 pm

According to Gerard Romero, agent Mino Raiola has requested the following staggering figures from Barcelona in order to see the deal over the line, and one would expect similar demands to be made of other potential suitors.

- €20 million to be paid to Mino Raiola

- €20 million to be paid to Alf-Inge Haaland

- A wage package of €30 million net per season to be paid to Erling Haaland

- Plus the transfer fee, reported to be a minimum of €150 million, paid to Borussia Dortmund
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Supporter of: ManCity

Postby City64 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:51 pm

Worse than Messi saga bollocks this . Raiola is a first class cunt no thanks he can fucking do one .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Simister » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:33 pm

trueblue64 wrote:According to Gerard Romero, agent Mino Raiola has requested the following staggering figures from Barcelona in order to see the deal over the line, and one would expect similar demands to be made of other potential suitors.

- Plus the transfer fee, reported to be a minimum of €150 million, paid to Borussia Dortmund

Plus he wants a blowjob from Pep.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:58 pm

trueblue64 wrote:According to Gerard Romero, agent Mino Raiola has requested the following staggering figures from Barcelona in order to see the deal over the line, and one would expect similar demands to be made of other potential suitors.

Even if that is half true. That fat prick can just fuck off.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:52 pm

I do want Haaland - but it’s a big risk. He’s scored a lot in Germany. So did Werner.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:12 pm

Mase wrote:I do want Haaland - but it’s a big risk. He’s scored a lot in Germany. So did Werner.

Couldn't give a toss about Haaland, we've got better false 9s than a real one.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:18 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:I do want Haaland - but it’s a big risk. He’s scored a lot in Germany. So did Werner.

Couldn't give a toss about Haaland, we've got better false 9s than a real one.

That’s why I won’t cry myself to sleep if we lose out on Haaland mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john68 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:44 pm

Haarlamd is a kid with talent still learning the game.

How often have we seen this stuff before?
Young kid, bags of talent and a pocketful of new tricks, breaks through in his 1st serious season and makes fools of defenders.
2nd season those experienced defenders have all had a good look at him, noticed a few flaws and the young kid just isn't the same as he was.
It's only those special talents that push on beyond that. Most simply fall back into being average, have a decent career but never reach the heights.

What his agent is doing is maximising the profits, while the buying club will be taking on a huge investment risk.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Blackadder » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:17 pm

No problem with the agent asking for so much, just doing his job. Crazy if anyone bites at that though. We could easily afford it, but it could cause a problem or 2 amongst the squad. If Haaland is worth half a mill a week, what value do you put on Dias or Kev, Bernado or Sterling? Even Mendy would be asking for a pay raise.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:09 am

Ive done a U turn on this lad - hes a cocky little 20 year old cunt who has showed what a cunt he can be (big fish in a small pond) and he gets away with it as no one ,at Dortmund, has the balls to berate his shit behavior for fear of upsetting them.

Fuck having someone like that at our club.

Lets go for someone else.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:17 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ive done a U turn on this lad - hes a cocky little 20 year old cunt who has showed what a cunt he can be (big fish in a small pond) and he gets away with it as no one ,at Dortmund, has the balls to berate his shit behavior for fear of upsetting them.

Fuck having someone like that at our club.

Lets go for someone else.

To make his next step up Garland needs a club like City. Otherwise those red shoes he wears might not weave their magic. Not the otherway around.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:18 am

Another Pogba soap opera waiting to happen. The agent causing Unrest, B.S,which I am happy to see at the scum but not at MCFC.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:53 am

I think those asking prices for Mbappe would be fair enough. Not that we'd pay them but I think it's fair value considering, injuries permitted, he'll win half the Ballon D'or's next decade. And he is already such marketable guy that we'd be getting lot of money back as well through marketing. As far as football goes I can't remember more flawless talent. He has it all, pace strength, passing, teamplayer, shooting, good crosses, ridiculous first touch, set pieces, cheeky dribbler, extremely focused... you name it. Even alright in the air for fairly short player.

Haaland seems extremely promising but he is much more polarising and system dependant player. First of all, I'm not sure he'd fit Pep's system that well. His first touch can be bit "Edin Dzeko" in that sometimes it's stunning and minute later terrible. His pasaing can be sketchy. He has straightline pace but his change of direction movement fails him on occasion. So while I think he truly has all the makings of fine striker for a long time, he isn't as sure thing as people make him out to be.

But as I've said, both are out of our price range so bit pointless discussiom. Still interwsting to see where they head in their careers.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Outcast » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:16 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I think those asking prices for Mbappe would be fair enough. Not that we'd pay them but I think it's fair value considering, injuries permitted, he'll win half the Ballon D'or's next decade. And he is already such marketable guy that we'd be getting lot of money back as well through marketing. As far as football goes I can't remember more flawless talent. He has it all, pace strength, passing, teamplayer, shooting, good crosses, ridiculous first touch, set pieces, cheeky dribbler, extremely focused... you name it. Even alright in the air for fairly short player.

Haaland seems extremely promising but he is much more polarising and system dependant player. First of all, I'm not sure he'd fit Pep's system that well. His first touch can be bit "Edin Dzeko" in that sometimes it's stunning and minute later terrible. His pasaing can be sketchy. He has straightline pace but his change of direction movement fails him on occasion. So while I think he truly has all the makings of fine striker for a long time, he isn't as sure thing as people make him out to be.

But as I've said, both are out of our price range so bit pointless discussiom. Still interwsting to see where they head in their careers.

Baps to Real

Hal to the highest whore customer
Outcast

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:13 pm

The more this saga rumbles and the more the supposed demands of both him and his agent are leaked the less I think he would, pound for pound, be a worthwhile signing.

Yes he has scored plenty in the Bundesliga, but that isn’t as good a league as they think it is. But perhaps more importantly I just don’t see him as a type of forward Peps system would favour. Don’t get me wrong, he would still score goals, but as NQDP has alluded to in another thread, the forward or traditional number 9 needs to be much more in a Pep team.

And call me tight fisted or old fashioned but giving £40M to a player and his entourage just to sign him in addition to a quite frankly staggering annual remuneration package simply doesn’t sit right with me. Our squad and success is to a large part down to the togetherness of the team and the wanting to be a part of the special something we have got going. I’m not being funny but if a player doesn’t want to be a part of that then we should simply look elsewhere as his heart won’t be truly in it for my money. The number of players that we have had stay with us for a long time is rather unusual these days which is very telling.

Now, all the talk in the papers may well be bullshit, but if we had got an agreement to sign Haaland then it seems to me that Haaland agent wouldn’t be hawking his player around and travelling around Europe to get a higher price. A deal is far from done and in particular I reckon a deal for Haaland would be very hard to get get through.

And one last point, given the season we are having, do we need to risk such a huge financial outlay on one player?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum