would you....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: would you....

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:17 am

Only a City fan can think like this. Pep has built a squad sorted the area of concern. Sterling can improve no doubt but so can any player. KDB it’s nice to think we cope without one of the best players we have ever had, credit to Pep, I agree with one thing we have never been ruthless. That comes With Kane, Haaland. I do not expect us to get Mbape.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby branny » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:14 pm

No because you can guarantee Sterling will leave and then produce that second half v the dippers every week. We have the squad depth to be able to drop players if their form dips and that's what needs to happen. As for selling KDB. Absolutely not.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:19 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:sell both / one of sterling and kdb to fund mbappe and/or haaland?

(A) we won't land both

(B) do we need to sell to fund Haaland, I seriously doubt it, but if we need to sell, then 3 or 4 other fringe players would be a better option rather than the two you've 'randomly' chosen.

(C) kdb is from the same mold as Sheringham IMO, his vision/creativity/pass won't diminish in his early 30's and he would still be one of the leagues best players if he loses his pace.

So would I? No.

But you crack on your with banal campaign against Sterling you have become a total and utter fucking bore.

When was the last time you actually posted something positive Mr Tickle????

imagine wanting to start threads that provoke a debate...!

this site is dying because far too many of the people left on here are passive cunts.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:08 pm

oh and cunt is a term of endearment
too many sensitive pricks, the kind who love that schools don’t encourage competition, left on here these days who i don’t want to offend. prick is not a term of endearment btw
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:19 pm

The sentiment of starting the thread to encourage debate is to be encouraged. Absolutely. But the question was very specific about individual players. IMHO it would’ve brought better debate by asking which players, if any, would you sacrifice to bring in Haaland/Mbappe. The answers of mainly straight no’s alludes to this.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:49 pm

I don’t agree - the OPs debate is would you let go 2 of the clubs best players to get Haaland and Mbappe, not can we pull together enough money from fringe player sales to buy them
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:58 pm

Wooders wrote:I don’t agree - the OPs debate is would you let go 2 of the clubs best players to get Haaland and Mbappe, not can we pull together enough money from fringe player sales to buy them

But that's like asking "Would you chop Stephen Hawking in half with a samurai sword to stop him running over a puppy?": There are plenty of other options available (or there were a few years ago, at least - I'm not sure what you'd have to do if he had his mind set on running over a small animal in the here and now).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:18 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Wooders wrote:I don’t agree - the OPs debate is would you let go 2 of the clubs best players to get Haaland and Mbappe, not can we pull together enough money from fringe player sales to buy them

But that's like asking "Would you chop Stephen Hawking in half with a samurai sword to stop him running over a puppy?": There are plenty of other options available (or there were a few years ago, at least - I'm not sure what you'd have to do if he had his mind set on running over a small animal in the here and now).

Is that a variant of this dilemma?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:28 pm

There is no way we could sell Sterling, the greatest player ever to play for the club!! He has single handedly won us the league. Without him we would have been closer to relegation. Just look at his stats. Don't bother looking at the actual games he plays, just look at his stats, that's enough.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:12 pm

This is where we are in society is it ? telling people what they should and shouldn’t say or write as it could offend ???

For fucks sake !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:This is where we are in society is it ? telling people what they should and shouldn’t say or write as it could offend ???

For fucks sake !!!

Not a fucking tall as others have said subsequently and probably more eloquently than me, is NT perhaps could have gone for a simple question rather fuelling his on going agenda against Sterling.

Christ even you who is a major critic of sterling has acknowledged he has merits as part of the squad whilst tickle decides to continue his pettiness.

You also have engaged in most if not all subjects/threads, where as the narcissistic tickle is clearly fixated on sterling and his lack of finishing. I would welcome a debate that started "if we need to financially, who would you sell in order to facilitate the arrival of either mbappe or haaland "?

Not, I'm fed up with sterling and kdb current form who should we sell? The answer which I answered is mbappe can do one and we shouldn't need to lose either player mentioned to land Haaland, if we need funds there are plenty of others in the firing line than kdb and razzer.

Simple really, as simple as tickles obsession with sterling and his lack of posting on anything that doesn't involve his petty agenda against razzer/lack of finishing.

Have you seen me call out any other posters for their repetiveness agenda? No I don't think you have!

I am purely highlighting his pathetic monotonous trend.

The bloke needs a fucking good blow job off any willing female who doesn't have to listen his constant whining! maybe that's his problem?

NT please post about something else maybe in the defence thread or is that too positive for you these days? Perhaps the MOTM thread's, you know where you actually find summat positive to say about one of our players, or even use it to have a pop somebody other than sterling etc.

May be I will start a thread called 'please put your positive thoughts in this thread NT ' but I suspect that despite us fighting CONVICINGLY ON ALL 4 FRONTS it would be a barren thread, not even visited by NT.

Despite our current form, I am not saying there isn't room for criticism I'm just saying try and see some of the positives rather trying to drive certain players out of the club with your myopic vision NT.

We all ball out mahrez, mendy, rodri etc mainly in the heat of match thread, but I like to think credit is given where credit is due.

Despite our frustrations sterling still has 13 goals in 33 games this season, not even bother to check his assists. Whilst remembering he is an attacking winger not a striker or goal hanger.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:42 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:There is no way we could sell Sterling, the greatest player ever to play for the club!! He has single handedly won us the league. Without him we would have been closer to relegation. Just look at his stats. Don't bother looking at the actual games he plays, just look at his stats, that's enough.

You're another one trick fuck up of a poster

Nobody is denying he could do better on some occasions but continually posting the same shit that you do, makes you as much an obsessive as NT, try changing the tune and actually acknowledging something ANY player does postively rather just being an angry cunt for no good reason.

Go back through the match threads and see how many have agreed with you opposed to those calling you out....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:06 am

I’m not on enough to see the agendas anymore, but if there is one against Raz it’s delusional. Without him we’d have won a lot less since Pep arrived. Not up for debate that part.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues-clues » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:55 am

I rarely post on here now but I'm interested to see what people think about Haaland. I think City should do whatever it takes to get the boy but that will not be at the cost of players who will work best with him. Sterling and KDB definitely fall into that category along with Silva, Foden and possibly Gundog. I think City could sell Jesus and maybe look to someone else next year to replace Kun. We've pretty much put this run together without a striker. If we only had Haaland as a striker it would probably be enough.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby stupot » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:02 am

Kev has got more assists than anyone in Europes top 5 leagues so far this season.
Imagine if he starts playing well.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:33 am

blues-clues wrote:I rarely post on here now but I'm interested to see what people think about Haaland. I think City should do whatever it takes to get the boy but that will not be at the cost of players who will work best with him. Sterling and KDB definitely fall into that category along with Silva, Foden and possibly Gundog. I think City could sell Jesus and maybe look to someone else next year to replace Kun. We've pretty much put this run together without a striker. If we only had Haaland as a striker it would probably be enough.

He started 10 from the 20, scored 6 in that 10. He also came on against Liverpool and changed the game with his aggressive pressing, did the same against West Ham too, stopped them playing out from the back with such ease.

I'd like Haaland but not at Jesus' expense.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues-clues » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:59 am

Fair enough. I just think that in the event we had Haaland I dont think that Jesus would see many starts, kind of like if Kun is fit.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:50 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
blues-clues wrote:I rarely post on here now but I'm interested to see what people think about Haaland. I think City should do whatever it takes to get the boy but that will not be at the cost of players who will work best with him. Sterling and KDB definitely fall into that category along with Silva, Foden and possibly Gundog. I think City could sell Jesus and maybe look to someone else next year to replace Kun. We've pretty much put this run together without a striker. If we only had Haaland as a striker it would probably be enough.

He started 10 from the 20, scored 6 in that 10. He also came on against Liverpool and changed the game with his aggressive pressing, did the same against West Ham too, stopped them playing out from the back with such ease.

If Dortmund said - straight swap Haaland and Jesus, you would say no?!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:26 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

If Dortmund said - straight swap Haaland and Jesus, you would say no?!!

I don't think that was the suggestion. Let's be realistic.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:46 pm

Would you though?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum