Fat slug is back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fat slug is back

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:29 pm

Trying to divert attention from the shambles that is Spanish football:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-ban.html

The head of LaLiga, Javier Tebas, wants the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) investigated for the way it has handled Financial Fair Play (FFP) appeals after letting Manchester City off a two-year Champions League ban last summer.

LaLiga revealed on Tuesday that Spanish football will have had around £1.7billion (€2bn) wiped off its income by the end of this season because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Its biggest clubs have been hit hardest and ahead of future battles for the signatures of Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappe, Tebas was asked what confidence he had in UEFA's FFP rules.

He told Sportsmail: 'If my level of confidence is based on what has happened in recent years, then it's low. But if it is based on the hope of [Aleksander] Ceferin enforcing economic control and ensuring that the rules are fulfilled, then it's different.

'The FFP rules are not the best but I would be satisfied with them just being met and there not being clubs evading them on all sides; that there isn't a City or a PSG.'

Tebas is a long-time critic of Manchester City and once again he referred to them and PSG as 'clubs not based on football but petrol and gas' who had the ability to sign players in a 'not strictly legal way'. But he quickly turned from criticism of them and UEFA to CAS.

'Both of those clubs have been punished, more or less,' he said.

'In City's case, it was a significant ban and it was CAS that lifted the ban. So, I don't know if my concern is UEFA or CAS.

'There's lots of messing about with CAS, there are things going on when decisions are made that have to be investigated. And the Spanish league will investigate.

'UEFA made an effort, it goes to CAS and then [nothing happens]. The clubs, and institutions are doing their bit and measures are taken but then in they come and lift the ban. CAS needs to be reviewed and investigated to see what they're actually doing.'

Manchester City were banned from European competition for two years by UEFA last February for what it called 'serious breaches' of FFP rules. But CAS ruled in July 2020 that City had not been guilty of 'disguising equity funds as sponsorship contributions' and the ban was lifted.

In the media event on Tuesday, Tebas said he had not ruled out having some fans back in stadiums before the end of the season if conditions allowed.

He also said he was not concerned by Barcelona's economic plight because the clubs hardest hit by the financial effects of closed stadiums would also be in the strongest position to recover once grounds were reopened.

LaLiga has slightly reduced Barcelona's permitted spend on their squad from £330m (€382m) to £300m (€347m). Real Madrid's allowed spend has risen slightly from £404m to (€468m) to £409m (€473m).

LaLiga is the only league in Europe to impose salary limits on its clubs, but Tebas wants the rest of Europe to follow suit.

He added: 'We have to think about having salary limits across Europe. There needs to be a rethink.

'So, a few can go from seven Ferraris to nine, from eight Lamborghinis to 10? We need to think: seven is fine. Football needs to redistribute wealth; that's the debate we could be having.'
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Fat slug is back

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:32 pm

The fucking nerve on this fella.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:36 pm

What a fucking hypocrite this fat twat is, isn’t there anything the club can do legally here, like a defamation action?
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:36 pm

john@staustell wrote:Trying to divert attention from the shambles that is Spanish football:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-ban.html

The head of LaLiga, Javier Tebas, wants the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) investigated for the way it has handled Financial Fair Play (FFP) appeals after letting Manchester City off a two-year Champions League ban last summer.

LaLiga revealed on Tuesday that Spanish football will have had around £1.7billion (€2bn) wiped off its income by the end of this season because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Its biggest clubs have been hit hardest and ahead of future battles for the signatures of Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappe, Tebas was asked what confidence he had in UEFA's FFP rules.

He told Sportsmail: 'If my level of confidence is based on what has happened in recent years, then it's low. But if it is based on the hope of [Aleksander] Ceferin enforcing economic control and ensuring that the rules are fulfilled, then it's different.

'The FFP rules are not the best but I would be satisfied with them just being met and there not being clubs evading them on all sides; that there isn't a City or a PSG.'

Tebas is a long-time critic of Manchester City and once again he referred to them and PSG as 'clubs not based on football but petrol and gas' who had the ability to sign players in a 'not strictly legal way'. But he quickly turned from criticism of them and UEFA to CAS.

'Both of those clubs have been punished, more or less,' he said.

'In City's case, it was a significant ban and it was CAS that lifted the ban. So, I don't know if my concern is UEFA or CAS.

'There's lots of messing about with CAS, there are things going on when decisions are made that have to be investigated. And the Spanish league will investigate.

'UEFA made an effort, it goes to CAS and then [nothing happens]. The clubs, and institutions are doing their bit and measures are taken but then in they come and lift the ban. CAS needs to be reviewed and investigated to see what they're actually doing.'

Manchester City were banned from European competition for two years by UEFA last February for what it called 'serious breaches' of FFP rules. But CAS ruled in July 2020 that City had not been guilty of 'disguising equity funds as sponsorship contributions' and the ban was lifted.

In the media event on Tuesday, Tebas said he had not ruled out having some fans back in stadiums before the end of the season if conditions allowed.

He also said he was not concerned by Barcelona's economic plight because the clubs hardest hit by the financial effects of closed stadiums would also be in the strongest position to recover once grounds were reopened.

LaLiga has slightly reduced Barcelona's permitted spend on their squad from £330m (€382m) to £300m (€347m). Real Madrid's allowed spend has risen slightly from £404m to (€468m) to £409m (€473m).

LaLiga is the only league in Europe to impose salary limits on its clubs, but Tebas wants the rest of Europe to follow suit.

He added: 'We have to think about having salary limits across Europe. There needs to be a rethink.

'So, a few can go from seven Ferraris to nine, from eight Lamborghinis to 10? We need to think: seven is fine. Football needs to redistribute wealth; that's the debate we could be having.'

Ahh, the wealth redistribution debate. I remember the fat slug harping on about this constantly when the cartel clubs stitched up the vast majority of Europe's footy money through the formation of the CL. Oh, and while Barca and RM were grabbing the largest slice of Spanish TV rights cash. The cnut must think every footy fan is thick as fu@k! Hope he explodes when we sign Messi, Haarland AND Mbop this summer......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:41 pm

The fucking neck on this corrupt fat bastard.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:02 pm

He is nothing if not consistent

An abortion of a leader who isnt fit to clean an office, let alone preside over one
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:10 pm

When we sign Haaland, can we post him a postcard with image of Haaland lifting blue scarf outside the Etihad with a caption ' bought with oil money'?

That will send the fucker over the edge and topp himself
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Burying Barca’s mess.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Burying Barca’s mess.

Agreed watch how the G14 circle the wagons and nothing comes of this
Same if Scoiuse fail to get chumps league expect a historical rights guaranteed place debate to resurface .
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:20 pm

How much are their top teams in debt, and how many payments have they defaulted on?

Yet City are debt free and pay a fair price, on time, for all of their signings.

Oh, and it was proved, without any doubt, that City have not broken any rules.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm

Fat fucking Cyril Smith slug Talk about deflection
That’s fuckin hilarious
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:48 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Fat fucking Cyril Smith slug Talk about deflection
That’s fuckin hilarious

Another one where you’ve just got to enjoy their salty tears.

Love the fact that I don’t have to go looking for this stuff to enjoy City more.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:03 pm

He is worried.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:09 pm

sheblue wrote:He is a not very nice man.

Edited for accuracy.

Edit. Realised it was a lady and changed it from ‘Cunt’ to ‘not a very nice man’ because he is a devious cunt that I wouldn’t want to say.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:10 am

Dear Mr Tebas,

You are are the head honcho of a very big league and as such your ovebloated ego will demand that you drive a very expensive big car with a very big engine.I could not imagine you sliding your carcass into a Mini or a Ka, even as slimy as you seem to be.
Big cars with big engines tend to have a low mileage to fuel ratio.

With that in mind, I was wondering if you could see your way to keep putting lots of petrol in your big car with a big engine. Better still, could yousee your way to only fill the tank with the most expensive petrol.

The reason I ask this of you is because my football club is Manchester City. You will remember them because by being exonerated of the charges you alleged and
they made you look publicly very silly with your stupid outburst.

Anyway, Manchester City have acknowledged an inerest in buying a Mr Messi and a Mr Haarland but in order tobuy them, City will need a lot of extra money.

So be a gent and keep filling your car up with lots of expensive petrol. That way, you will be helping City finance deals for both players.

In fact, please remember, every time you put petrol into your car, you are helping City to become an even richer club than they already are.

Thank you Mr Tebas for your financial support,your generosity is always greatly appreciated
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:21 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hunting for the like button

Loveleh. Simply loveleh
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:57 am

I wonder at what point he will realise that with the Pandemic, owners all over Europe will have to stump up cash anyway, due to lost revenues and the farce that is FFP will be blown out of the water.

Probably just after he realises that CFG is financially self-sufficient in any case
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:02 pm

So, you couldn't make it up. The Mirror tells us that he had hardly shut his mouth when Barca, Real, Osasuna and Athletic de Bilbao were today found guilty of receiving state aid and ordered to pay it back.

Then of course Barcelonas old board has been arrested by the economic crimes unit.

The Slug is quiet today
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:09 pm

Today is a luvly day it is the beginning of the end for Senor fat bastard Tebas .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:26 pm

City64 wrote:Today is a luvly day it is the beginning of the end for Senor fat bastard Tebas .

I know you follow this stuff more than me, so the question is, on a scale of 10, what are the chances of the fat slugs demise, 10 being highly likely?
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum