Sergio's Future

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sergio's Future

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:34 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me if his bird has made the decision for him. He does seem like a wet lettuce on social media.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:48 pm

CTID Hants wrote:I have a question, sorry i haven't had chance to read through the thread since the news broke last night.

I have read Sergio's statement he released on twitter
I have read the article/release on mancity.com with Khaldoon calling Sergio a legend and confirming a statue.
I have read earlier today BBC sports web page

The question is: Sergio leaving, is it his decision, a mutual one OR as implied in the BBC article the club didn't offer him an extension full stop?

I somewhat doubt he wasn't offered SOME kind of extension at all?

I am fairly sure that Pep made a statement last week saying KDB, Sergio & Razzers contract talks would be done post season as not to distract, so this doesn't sound right to me.

I really hope he doesn't end up with Barca alongside Messi, as that would make us look stupid after all the speculation of Messi coming here (not that i wanted that). The press will have a field day as usual at our expense and Barca will be laughing their tits off at us!!

I don't think we have offered him anything. Maybe we were saying we will see at the end of the season, which isn't fair on a legend. I like a month at least when j have a good relationship with my boss to know if I'll be renewed or not. Maybe khaldoon stepped in.

For me he's nailed on at barca.

Does make us silly and fuck messi the little shit. What odds can I get?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:49 pm

You can't decide to fuck a legend off post season imagine that.

Also, where does this leave fern?

Rag gave me shit last night saying "interesting city players running their contracts down now - garcia, sane, sancho, kun" I argued back but he's not wrong
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:50 pm

See Despicable Dan gave the Sergio Adios story to that unpleasant rag Ian Haslam on BBC NW just now :evil:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:55 pm

what is the logic in releasing this story now?? as someone else hinted earlier in the thread, this will only allow teams to (further) hold us to ransom for potential targets like haaland. even if we've already reached an agreement for a new striker, there's no reason to rock the boat with this in the midst of fighting for 4 trophies. i dont get it??
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:59 pm

Nick wrote:You can't decide to fuck a legend off post season imagine that.

Rag gave me shit last night saying "interesting city players running their contracts down now - garcia, sane, sancho, kun" I argued back but he's not wrong

The Sane that we got 70 million quid for?

The Sancho that we got 18 million quid for?

Garcia yeah, but a) Covid-related, wants to go home and b) throw pogba back at the knobheads. The little gem that made them 100,000 pounds then cost them over 100 million quid plus 400 grand a week wages. Absolute genius.

FFS mate, don't take any shit from those red turds. Use your brain and get some facts and you'll find you are light years ahead of them.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:I have a question, sorry i haven't had chance to read through the thread since the news broke last night.

I have read the article/release on mancity.com with Khaldoon calling Sergio a legend and confirming a statue.

The question is: Sergio leaving, is it his decision, a mutual one OR as implied in the BBC article the club didn't offer him an extension full stop?

I am fairly sure that Pep made a statement last week saying KDB, Sergio & Razzers contract talks would be done post season as not to distract, so this doesn't sound right to me.

I really hope he doesn't end up with Barca alongside Messi, as that would make us look stupid after all the speculation of Messi coming here (not that i wanted that). The press will have a field day as usual at our expense and Barca will be laughing their tits off at us!!

I'm not sure, both homing in mid 30s and not to mention their astronomical salaries. Both on the decline, not exactly building for the future. I think we offered Serg reduced wage and no playing time guarantees. As much as I'd love him to stay, I rather he left on high then become a bit part player.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:See Despicable Dan gave the Sergio Adios story to that unpleasant rag Ian Haslam on BBC NW just now :evil:

Saw that. “You look like you’re going to cry” fuck off you twat!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:10 pm

Nick wrote:You can't decide to fuck a legend off post season imagine that.

Grow some fucking bollocks.
Sanchez, Fred , Pogba , Maguire and 35 old has been Cavani etc etc . Never take shite from Thursday night Europa league shitness levels .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:38 pm

Outcast wrote:

I'm not sure, both homing in mid 30s and not to mention their astronomical salaries. Both on the decline, not exactly building for the future. I think we offered Serg reduced wage and no playing time guarantees. As much as I'd love him to stay, I rather he left on high then become a bit part player.

Legend or not . How many minutes has he contributed to this season ? where do City stand at the moment ? Still in the hunt for four trophies . Which is fantastic. Why should a 32/33 year old be given priority ? He gets paid damn well for being sidelined.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:38 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:The Sane that we got 70 million quid for?

Garcia yeah,

Won't we get some kind of tribunal/compensation fee for him? I'm sure I read around Christmas time that it would be sensibly estimated at anywhere from 8 to 14 million. I don't remember if those are pounds or euros, or a mix of both (as it came from different sources), though.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:14 pm

I did, they still all ran it down and reduced the fees we got for then. Sane was worth 100 mill plus we didn't want to sell and the knob got injured
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:09 am

Nick wrote:Aguero will be top scorer in Spain facts.

Hope we are signing someone decent like haaland or we will look mugs

It's us that have not offered a contract remember..

I strongly suspect Kun and the club have talked about what he wants, and this was the agreed way of announcing it. It could be he wants to go to somewhere that can't afford to buy him, if so this lets him sign as a free agent.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:37 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:The Sane that we got 70 million quid for?

The usually reliable Transfermarkt has Sane's transfer fee as £40.50m to Bayern Munich, (we probably would have got over twice that fee, if he hadn't got injured in the community shield.)
They also have Sancho's fee to Dortmund down as £7.05m, plus it's been widely reported we also get a sell on clause of 15% for his next transfer. There's been speculation this could be used in negotiations with Dortmund for Haaland?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:52 am

Haven’t all the legends announced it a few months before the end of the season? Pretty sure it’s a policy at the club

Anyway - best striker in the league since Henry and helped us to many a trophy - a legend but at this stage of his career we won’t feel his absence on the pitch, we have had a while to get used to life without kun for some time now
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:48 am

2 weeks ago....

Watch on youtube.com

I wonder what changed.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:37 pm

Just seen this via We Love Man City FC on FB (yeah yeah I know), their source is the bloke in brackets below

"It was explained to Sergio Agüero that a pure 'number nine' would arrive at #ManCity and that he would become the substitute. He was invited to make a decision about his future: either to stay or to leave, and Agüero decided to leave."
[via Pol Ballús]
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:07 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Just seen this via We Love Man City FC on FB (yeah yeah I know), their source is the bloke in brackets below

"It was explained to Sergio Agüero that a pure 'number nine' would arrive at #ManCity and that he would become the substitute. He was invited to make a decision about his future: either to stay or to leave, and Agüero decided to leave."
[via Pol Ballús]

So Danny Ings it is.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:22 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Just seen this via We Love Man City FC on FB (yeah yeah I know), their source is the bloke in brackets below

[via Pol Ballús]

Am reading this bloke's book on Pep and City- Pol not CTID....he is well connected judging by his book but who the fuck knows? We would all like ti think that this is an absolute prioriry and that after making the Sergio is going, announcement, we must have a deal dine
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 pm

salford city wrote:

[via Pol Ballús]

Am reading this bloke's book on Pep and City- Pol not CTID....he is well connected judging by his book but who the fuck knows? We would all like ti think that this is an absolute prioriry and that after making the Sergio is going, announcement, we must have a deal dine

You either have been on the sherberts or forgotten to pop your reader's on before typing lol

Anyway, if this is correct it sits better with me, than the spin BBC put on it I.e. we didn't offer Sergio owt.

It would also suggest that we have a deal in principle done, otherwise the club would have slipped Sergio an envelope to keep stum until end of season.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum