Sergio's Future

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sergio's Future

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:09 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:imo we 100% need a new option but yesterday showed that even an aging half-fit sergio carries more of a goal threat than gabriel jesus. at least sergio can stay onside, make the right runs and strike the ball cleanly. i wouldnt mind letting him stay as backup for another year.

Agree but not sure about Agueros running albeit he's still lethal giving half chance, looks rusty and carrying holiday weight. I don't think him or Jesus are that answer to spear our attack next season, one flaps and one is an aging legend who's pretty much injured most of the season. This needs addressing next season, Haaland or someone of similar quality is a must
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:35 am

I love Serg but there's no way he looked more of a goal threat than Jesus on Saturday.
Jesus incidentally has scored 8 goals in his last 10 starts.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:29 am

I would be very happy going with Jesus and a top class goal scoring replacement for Kun next season.
Not Kane though - a not so sly thug IMO.

Jesus has a lot to offer and I think he can sort out his goal scoring issues given time.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby john68 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:55 am

I think that the Kun issue for next season is a lot more complicated for both he and City than the usual 'player gets to end of career and wants to continue at a slightly lower level.'

For City, much depends on a replacement. Not an easy task to replace a player who is World class, who has a bit more in him, which means he still has pretty decent options.
For City to lose him would currently seem like a 'Haarland or nothing' gamble. We can't just rely on only one designated striker, especially as that striker (Jesus) is not yet the finished article and nowhere near the standard we need at our level.

What City cannot contemplate is to allow another Vinnie situation to arise, where we were left tomix and match our central defence to our detriment.
It would be daft to have solved our defensive problem, only to allow a similar situation up front.

Offering Kun an extension may help but the player may feel he has better options and I am sure there would be many takers for him.

Best scenario for City is a 1yr extension for Kun, Haarland brought in at whatever cost, leaving a year for Jesus to prove himself and a year for young Delap to prove his worth.Zaba and Yaya left. Huge hole to fill
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:06 pm

stupot wrote:I love Serg but there's no way he looked more of a goal threat than Jesus on Saturday.

Piss funny you trying to use those stats to tell us hes a great forward when in fact hes a fuckign shit forward.

Hes scored 7 league goals all season......in fact he scored fuckall league goals per season since hes been here.....getting on for 5 years.

Summary - Hes no good as a forward for Man City....better forwards out there than him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:I love Serg but there's no way he looked more of a goal threat than Jesus on Saturday.

Piss funny you trying to use those stats to tell us hes a great forward when in fact hes a fuckign shit forward.

Hes scored 7 league goals all season......in fact he scored fuckall league goals per season since hes been here.....getting on for 5 years.

Summary - Hes no good as a forward for Man City....better forwards out there than him.

Yeah, piss funny.
48 league goals in 123 games. Fuckall.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:34 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yeah, piss funny.
48 league goals in 123 games. Fuckall.

Back up forward ....nothing more ...nothing less.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:48 pm

we have Pep and the staff deciding on a 23 year old, who for me has improved, so much since he arrived.
Just like he has done with John Stones. Not for me ditching a lad with his numbers and nowhere near his peak.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:09 pm

Hazy2 wrote:we have Pep and the staff deciding on a 23 year old, who for me has improved, so much since he arrived.
Just like he has done with John Stones. Not for me ditching a lad with his numbers and nowhere near his peak.

7 premiership goals all season - how is that an improvement ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:we have Pep and the staff deciding on a 23 year old, who for me has improved, so much since he arrived.

7 premiership goals all season - how is that an improvement ?

I am sure you know this 15 starts 7 goals . His team play at Everton and on Saturday was brilliant. It’s all about opinions I like him a lot, frustrated at times with his decision making, but I see room for optimism. Haaland has the vote for me, however he is in a 1 team league, in a team that plays to his tune. The premier is a step up, he can make, but it hope Jesus gets the chance to continue to develop. I’m greedy I would also keep Sergio for another year.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:29 pm

Jesus cannot be our number one forward when Aguero departs. Back up, cup competition, cover all good, yes I appreciate his high press and creating space but as the main man upfront, a no for me.

One of the main reasons we lost to the rags consecutively because Aguero wasn't playing, correct me if I got that stat wrong. We missed having potent striker in big games.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:29 pm

whatever happens with sergio, delap needs to get a look in next season. hat trick in EDS last game, 25 for the season.

Watch on youtube.com
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 pm

Just Heard Hargreaves say Messi more goals and assists than anyone in the major leagues. Perfect false 9.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Odd cameo. Honestly looked like players didn’t want to pass the ball to him.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Odd cameo. Honestly looked like players didn’t want to pass the ball to him.

Only Sterling cos he kept falling over the ball and Mahrez as he's a greedy twat.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Was not too pleased that the one cross we whipped in he didn’t make a move to attack. He’s looking like a passenger still for me. We know he needs games to get up to speed, but he ain’t gonna get them at this stage of the season.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:52 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Was not too pleased that the one cross we whipped in he didn’t make a move to attack. He’s looking like a passenger still for me. We know he needs games to get up to speed, but he ain’t gonna get them at this stage of the season.

Agree with this. Our best formation is the false 9 as we saw again last night that means we get KDB, bernie, gundo and foden all on the pitch and KDB then doesn't stifle either gundo or bernie.
Serge needs game time to get upto speed but I doubt Pep will give him that in the PL until its done. If he does not get the game time, he will not get a contract extension but, if rumours are to be believed. he could go to Farca
Scoring a chumps league winner would be a fitting ending for a true legend.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby littlebig » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:30 am

Can defo see the case for keeping as we can’t rely on Jesus and we can’t play every game with false 9.

If we could get a top striker in and bed him in with Sergio here for 1 more year that would work well methinks.

Also, for sentimental reasons I’d like to see Kun stay on to smash some more goal scoring records
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:45 am

Apparently he came off the pitch last night saying that no one would pass the ball to him. A few people mentioned it in the match thread as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:11 pm

[quote="Mase"]Apparently he came off the pitch last night saying that no one would pass the ball to him. A few people mentioned it in the match thread as well.[/quote

Saw this on a couple of occasions with KDB in particular looking right to Mahrez with his 2-3 late chances so some truth in that however, look back to Fulham and Serge not squaring for a Jesus tap-in]
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum