Sergio's Future

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sergio's Future

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:09 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I actually like it that it ends like this (apart from there being no people to cheer him in CoMS). I fucking hate it when they stay year too long (think Dunne) and it turns sour. After all his injuries his performance will drop off the cliff any day now. It's just matter of time really. Would loathe to see him waving his hands not realising he can't hack it anymore and all the mur murs from the stands.

Dunnie stayed too long?! He won our player of the year the year before he was sold you mad bastard.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:20 am

Mase wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I actually like it that it ends like this (apart from there being no people to cheer him in CoMS). I fucking hate it when they stay year too long (think Dunne) and it turns sour. After all his injuries his performance will drop off the cliff any day now. It's just matter of time really. Would loathe to see him waving his hands not realising he can't hack it anymore and all the mur murs from the stands.

Dunnie stayed too long?! He won our player of the year the year before he was sold you mad bastard.

Yeah but what good is POTY when you can't sell shirts in China?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Scatman » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:47 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yeah but what good is POTY when you can't sell shirts in China?

I've seen him in action in Warrington market since he retired. Dunney is a very good salesman. Could sell ice to Eskimoes.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:20 am

If Pep wants Sergio to prove he deserves a new contract, he needs to start him in more familiar formations than yesterday's mash up.

1 year rolling contract for me if he wants it.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:58 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:If Pep wants Sergio to prove he deserves a new contract, he needs to start him in more familiar formations than yesterday's mash up.

1 year rolling contract for me if he wants it.

It was for Sergio's benefit, to help carry him through the 90.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:38 pm

It’s nuts that Messi and Sergio could play together but not here.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:It’s nuts that Messi and Sergio could play together but not here.

Let's get it right here , if Sergio and Lionel are at City next season , they will be playing minor parts in a very well trained and experienced squad.
Last edited by zuricity on Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Outcast » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Their combined age will be 64 years next season, not exactly spring chickens and building for the future
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:06 pm

Aguero and Messi play together for their national team and they’re wank.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Outcast wrote:

Their combined age will be 64 years next season, not exactly spring chickens and building for the future

Barca retirement community. Zabba can even make a comeback.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:54 am

Mase wrote:

He was absoutely horrible that last year. Sympathy vote.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Mase wrote:Aguero and Messi play together for their national team and they’re wank.

Amazing that this isn’t mentioned more often.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:43 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mase wrote:

Magnificent in our victory over Barca in 2009 - his last game for us in a season in which he achieved a record equalling 8 red cards :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:34 pm

imo we 100% need a new option but yesterday showed that even an aging half-fit sergio carries more of a goal threat than gabriel jesus. at least sergio can stay onside, make the right runs and strike the ball cleanly. i wouldnt mind letting him stay as backup for another year.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:imo we 100% need a new option but yesterday showed that even an aging half-fit sergio carries more of a goal threat than gabriel jesus. at least sergio can stay onside, make the right runs and strike the ball cleanly. i wouldnt mind letting him stay as backup for another year.

love Sergio but Jesus played better at Fulham. Sergio I would keep for another year. No way for him to go in an empty stadium.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:07 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:

Magnificent in our victory over Barca in 2009 - his last game for us in a season in which he achieved a record equalling 8 red cards :lol:

I think that was the year when he set the career record for career own goals in Premier League. Still haven't been beaten.

Dunne's PoY was shocking at the time. Club legend for us mind you. But that last season.... could've lived without it.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Was a good kit that year. Can't remember if Dunney was any good.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:

I think that was the year when he set the career record for career own goals in Premier League. Still haven't been beaten.

Dunne's PoY was shocking at the time. Club legend for us mind you. But that last season.... could've lived without it.

Yep he shares the most red cards with Vieira and one other iirc, but the OG is his own & unchallenged to date :roll: :lol: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:09 am

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Was a good kit that year. Can't remember if Dunney was any good.

I actually still use that kid at home every now and then. Very comfortable.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:59 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Mase wrote:Aguero and Messi play together for their national team and they’re wank.

Amazing that this isn’t mentioned more often.

Messi Aguero Di Maria, top class up front. Sadly that’s it. They have very little coming through, I watched Bocca recently Tevez was head and shoulders above a championship standard Bocca.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum