Ferran

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ferran

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:06 pm

Can he play false 9?
Will he still be with us next season or is he a Nolito?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Ferran

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:26 pm

Mase wrote:Can he play false 9?
Will he still be with us next season or is he a Nolito?

Seems to have a good finish on him from the limited amount of game time we have aeen from him. We must be fucking the false 9 off though if we are in for Sergio's replacement? He does give us optiins though so I reckon he is staying
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:31 pm

Scored for Spain again tonight
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:36 pm

I am worried Baldie doesn't rate him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:Scored for Spain again tonight

What position does he play for them?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:43 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Scored for Spain again tonight

What position does he play for them?

Not strictly sure but I suspect it’s wide right
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:52 pm

PeterParker wrote:I am worried Baldie doesn't rate him.

He was only 20 when he arrived, look how long its taken Pep to make Phil a regular, I reckon he will do the same next season with Ferran.

Ferran has had a lot to contend with, new country during a pandemic, new culture at a young age,new league, etc etc.

Hopefully we will see a lot more of him, especially if Pep cares anything for the Spanish national team, he will him playing well for Qatar next year.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:13 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

He was only 20 when he arrived, look how long its taken Pep to make Phil a regular, I reckon he will do the same next season with Ferran.

Ferran has had a lot to contend with, new country during a pandemic, new culture at a young age,new league, etc etc.

Hopefully we will see a lot more of him, especially if Pep cares anything for the Spanish national team, he will him playing well for Qatar next year.

Don't know, pal.
I keep on going back to this since I've read it: https://www.goal.com/en-ae/news/i-wante ... i6v79scse4
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:21 pm

PeterParker wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Don't know, pal.
I keep on going back to this since I've read it: https://www.goal.com/en-ae/news/i-wante ... i6v79scse4

The Spanish manager must have not read that article.

I think he needs a run of games to gain confidence and play well.
He hasn't had that to be fair to him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Whassat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:17 pm

I think Ferran will be third choice behind our Brazilian Jesus for the next season. Pep rates Jesus higher as he brings more to his overall team game than Ferran does; Ie the control of games.

Perhaps we will get Haaland, but I think he will be to pricey for us. Also he would demand the # 1 spot.

I would not be surprised if we land Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad. Creating a lot of competition for the first spot/starting berth. From Ferran, Jesus and Isak, I wouldn't be surprised if Isak will be the first choice when six months have passed of the season.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:17 pm

How often has a new City signing been not impressed in their first year at City recently.

The comments on here and generally about Cancelo, Gundogan and others who take that first season to settle into the City way of playing only to sparkle afterwards for us.
Pep's way is complex and as Kompany once said. "In Pep's first season, we often didn't understand what he was telling us."

In a similar vein, Shankly used to sign top players and tell them "We know you're a good footballer, now we're going to teach you the Liverpool way of playing."

Ferran obviously has talent, the question is can he get to grips with the City way. That might take him a bit more time.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Whassat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:32 pm

john68 wrote:How often has a new City signing been not impressed in their first year at City recently.

The comments on here and generally about Cancelo, Gundogan and others who take that first season to settle into the City way of playing only to sparkle afterwards for us.
Pep's way is complex and as Kompany once said. "In Pep's first season, we often didn't understand what he was telling us."

In a similar vein, Shankly used to sign top players and tell them "We know you're a good footballer, now we're going to teach you the Liverpool way of playing."

Ferran obviously has talent, the question is can he get to grips with the City way. That might take him a bit more time.

You are quite right. We are fickle, us fans. Ferran started very brightly, but faded greatly. Hopefully he gets what Pep wants, but for now Jesus is the undisputed # 1 after Serg have confirmed his exit.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:19 am

He looks a Pep type, clever runs, I am surprised he has not featured more, still gets his goals TBF. Pep pr9ject might dictate his future.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:06 am

He signed him so I'd imagine he rates him.
I think he'll be class next season.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:43 am

stupot wrote:

He signed him so I'd imagine he rates him.
I think he'll be class next season.

I’ve got a feeling that he’ll be decent next season. I think his chances this season have been limited because Mahrez has played so well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:He looks a Pep type, clever runs, I am surprised he has not featured more, still gets his goals TBF. Pep pr9ject might dictate his future.

It's an odd one, i barely remember him getting much game time & mainly as a sub but having checked his stats, he's had more input than i thought!

Premier league 17 appearances, of which only 7 were as a sub! scoring 2 goals,

All competitions 28 appearances total 8 goals, rather impressively 4 of those are chumps league and one each in the cups.

For someone who has been pretty low key, or dare i even say anonymous in his debut season he has had a great start, especially when you factor in age, new country/culture in a fucked up pandemic, adapting to the league etc

I can only think he's been overshadowed by Dias, Stones, Ilkay, Mahrez all having stonking seasons amongst others.

Another stat, he is the youngest Spanish player ever to score in 3 consecutive chumps league games.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Outcast » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:31 pm

In few years, providing he keeps improving and getting used to our way of playing, I wouldn't be surprised he'll be a better player than Sterling. You heard it first :shock:
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:50 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:He looks a Pep type, clever runs, I am surprised he has not featured more, still gets his goals TBF. Pep pr9ject might dictate his future.

It's an odd one, i barely remember him getting much game time & mainly as a sub but having checked his stats, he's had more input than i thought!

Premier league 17 appearances, of which only 7 were as a sub! scoring 2 goals,

All competitions 28 appearances total 8 goals, rather impressively 4 of those are chumps league and one each in the cups.

For someone who has been pretty low key, or dare i even say anonymous in his debut season he has had a great start, especially when you factor in age, new country/culture in a fucked up pandemic, adapting to the league etc

I can only think he's been overshadowed by Dias, Stones, Ilkay, Mahrez all having stonking seasons amongst others.

Another stat, he is the youngest Spanish player ever to score in 3 consecutive chumps league games.

He is an educated footballer by that I mean the coaching he has received prior to join us means he is upto speed with what is now the standard for Pep. We are cutting edge in everything we do, comparing him to Cancello who was at Juve, an older squad with old ideas based around old players, he possibly did not have a clue what we were requiring from him as Juve just turned up and did what they have for a decade. Torres is going to be a top class player, I hope it’s here.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dazby » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:20 am

Outcast wrote:In few years, providing he keeps improving and getting used to our way of playing, I wouldn't be surprised he'll be a better player than Sterling. You heard it first :shock:

Yes but would you say he could win the Ballon d'or?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:13 pm

dazby wrote:
Outcast wrote:In few years, providing he keeps improving and getting used to our way of playing, I wouldn't be surprised he'll be a better player than Sterling. You heard it first :shock:

Yes but would you say he could win the Ballon d'or?

Hi Dazzler mate, Hopeall is well for you.

Interestingly, while other top clubs have sought to buy those players in the very top bracket over the years, City have never really chaed that sort of player.
The media have attached City to many of these, only to find that City had little or no interest in them at all.
We have never payed the exorbitant top money for the exorbintant (reputed top players) Mbappe, Neymar etc, we have always looked at those perceived to be in the strata below.

Sometimes, I think the media are lazy and only look at a certain level of what they consider to be that top strata and the likes of Cancelo, Rodrii, Laporte, Dias, even Bernardo and Gundogan become ignored or at least never linked to City until they arrive.

I would not be surprised if City don't bother to chase the likes of Haaland, Kane or Ings beyond a certain price and yet still manage to fool us all by landing someone, ignored by the lazy media fest who turns out to be the right man at the right time.

Many teams are reliant on the one player they have built around. City are a machine and as such, City seem to buy cogs for that machine that suit its workings, players who can interchange at will, depending on what City wants that machine to manufacture that game.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum