PL Games April 3/4/5

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games April 3/4/5

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:41 am

john68 wrote:I think we are more than capable of beating any of the remaining teams.
I think our biggest problem will be the inner belief of our players that they can do it.

As successful as Cookie was at changing the belief within the club that we could be successful, it still took time for that new belief to become actualised.
Beating the rags in the cup semi, winning the cup, then winning the Prem proved we could do it domestically. Losing so many legends, replacing them and actually improving domestically has cemented that inner belief......But....

It's a long time since Pep last won the CL and we have a history of freezing at crucial times in the CL. We have either been robbed or surrendered in the CL when it's got to the crunch time.

For me, the biggest question and biggest test will not be "Are we good enough?.... but..."Do we believe we are?"

Yes I agree the mental factor is there is significant and has to be overcome.
However its not the only issue. We have made some awful tactical decisions and mistakes in the past. No need to go back over that now.

Thats the strange thing about Tuesday, the team was spot on but the performance nervous, error ridden and overall well below our capabilities.

We can not repeat that performance, if we do were gone.
We have the ability, lets hope we show plenty of belief.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby stupot » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:58 am

I thought Sane was the worst player on the pitch- looked clueless out there and lost possession constantly.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:15 am

stupot wrote:I thought Sane was the worst player on the pitch- looked clueless out there and lost possession constantly.

From what I saw of him last night, not changed. Can be unstoppable on his day but anonymous on other days. He's gone and we have moved on.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:32 am

salford city wrote:
stupot wrote:I thought Sane was the worst player on the pitch- looked clueless out there and lost possession constantly.

From what I saw of him last night, not changed. Can be unstoppable on his day but anonymous on other days. He's gone and we have moved on.

He was poor but the commentary team of Keown & Dempsey were after him from the off - anything or anybody connected with us and you can rely on those cockroaches sneering. Vomit inducing broadcasting - last night several references to PSG trying to ape 'the real elite' and constant simpering about the Bayern masterrace.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:20 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
salford city wrote:

He was poor but the commentary team of Keown & Dempsey were after him from the off - anything or anybody connected with us and you can rely on those cockroaches sneering. Vomit inducing broadcasting - last night several references to PSG trying to ape 'the real elite' and constant simpering about the Bayern masterrace.

I know what you mean JC, they were after sane from rhe off as if he were still playing for us but he largely, was shit last night. I heard them repeat the real elite comment in the 2nd half after you had mentioned iit so it was obviously scripted
Pile ofshite-hawks BT don't even try to hide it from us lets hope we stick it to every one of the despicable twats come season's end
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dimples » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:52 pm

Posting here as it does not warrant a thread and is a follow-on from the Rags Vs. Brighton game and Brighton's penalty appeal.

https://www.footballcritic.com/news/how ... 19099/2871

'...These were added to on Thursday in the Europa League as he (Bruno) crumpled to the ground in the box with time running out as Man Utd travelled to Granada.
While the referee had no hesitation in awarding the spot kick, the decision did not seem a clear cut one.

In the context of the tie, it was an important goal, giving United a two-goal cushion to defend at Old Trafford. With Scott McTominay, Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire all banned, the Red Devils will also be without the injured Eric Bailly and Anthony Martial.

That second goal, though, should be sufficient to give them a platform to qualify.'

(and from Sky commentary:
89: PENALTY TO MANCHESTER UNITED! Confusion here. The referee has pointed to the spot, amid no real appeal, and booked substitute Brice. )

It saddens me to see the way football has gone... It really does.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum