The ”Haaland” Alternative

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The ”Haaland” Alternative

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:32 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:ivan toney?
calvert-lewin?
ollie watkins?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
give me danny ings over them any day of the week.

Yeah,
Was watching some of those names mentioned and ended up in suicide watch. There's ocean of strikers between Haaland and Ivan Toney. Some already in the club.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 am

David Villa was 29 when Pep signed him. Set at Valencia for life. Our manager is the best for a reason......
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:03 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:I'd have a whistle for the other lad at Villa - young Ollie Watkins, he's quicker than Gabby and more prolific.

We’re better than that JC. The guy is 26 this year and has 11 goals in 29 games. Dog shit.

a little harsh perhaps - at least he's not a crock like Ings but maybe not so young as I thought ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:08 am

Hazy2 wrote:David Villa was 29 when Pep signed him. Set at Valencia for life. Our manager is the best for a reason......

Kane is no Villa though is he? Neither him nor Lukaku will be rocking up as a replacement for Kun. Its the argie kid at Inter or someone off the radar who fits rhe age and playing style profile
Looking forward to seeing Haarland play tonight be interesting how this affects him - or not
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:23 pm

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:David Villa was 29 when Pep signed him. Set at Valencia for life. Our manager is the best for a reason......

Kane is no Villa though is he? Neither him nor Lukaku will be rocking up as a replacement for Kun. Its the argie kid at Inter or someone off the radar who fits rhe age and playing style profile
Looking forward to seeing Haarland play tonight be interesting how this affects him - or not

No but we dont have Mesi or do we ? He is not winning the CL at Bara anytime soon.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
salford city wrote:

No but we dont have Mesi or do we ? He is not winning the CL at Bara anytime soon.

Will be Messi and his countryman from Inter then
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:19 pm

Kane
Joao Felix
Lukaku (maybe and least likely)
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dimples » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:14 pm

PrezIke wrote:Kane
Joao Felix

Unlikely to be Kane for many reasons - for ex, Levy would want to much.
Lukaku - unlikely as he is settled and shooting the lights out i.e. happy
Felix or Martinez more likely due to age and versatility, etc...
Haaland seemingly is the number 1 target and who else had the cash?

Going to ignore the rumors and just wait and see.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:19 pm

Felix would cost us over £100m. He’s scored 7 goals in 24 games in La Liga. I wouldn’t bother.
Last edited by Mase on Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:32 pm

There is an excellent striker in Italy, at Monza.
Heard he is super good at darts also.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:58 pm

PeterParker wrote:There is an excellent striker in Italy, at Monza.
Heard he is super good at darts also.

Gets on average one assist every few years.
Tends to be an important one though.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:13 pm

Mase wrote:Felix would cost us over £100m. He’s scored 7 goals in 24 goals in La Liga. I wouldn’t bother.

looks at the system, tho. suarez gets all the goals but felix is the creator. he is stupid talented and if he bulked up a bit would thrive under pep.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Mase wrote:Felix would cost us over £100m. He’s scored 7 goals in 24 games in La Liga. I wouldn’t bother.

I've written this before I believe, and elsewhere I wrote an epic post (I'll spare that pain lol) but basically the maths don't quite add up to Felix needing to be 100m+ or anywhere near what they paid. Why?

1) Griezmann was sold just before for 6M Euros less than Felix. Based on this if they sell for 80M they'd get a 74M profit.

2) Felix's wages are less than Griezmann. So 6m is likely less. They've cut their wage bill and saved more.

3) Felix's low goal total cannot help his re-sale value (even if it is widely known that Atletico do not play a style that get him many chances per game)

4) Felix's value seems unlikely to increase much next season as long as Simeone is their manager (If he leaves after this season then that could change)

5) Felix cannot be happy with his value dropping + not getting to show off his talents as he was never going to stay if he performs.

6) If Haaland and/or Kane are too expensive Felix price (80-95m IMO) may be acceptable.

7) We've already tried to sign him before, he would fit and his value is low and he's young enough you could sell if needs me (not ideal but is one reason to consider signing if the other options are gone)

8) Lukaku - who some think is a better bet, I don't see leaving after such a good season, CL and the title. Next year Inter will want to repeat and they can. His "brand" is improving and I understand Inter and he are seriously considering a new deal.

9) Who else is there left?

Ings? Calvert-Lewin? Otherwise we go with the same or MAYBE Messi for 1 year rental and deal with the market next season, but we let Aguero go.

10) Despite the goal total his value, age, our past interest, and knowing Atleti's style is still high enough to warrant a serious look.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Mase wrote:Felix would cost us over £100m. He’s scored 7 goals in 24 goals in La Liga. I wouldn’t bother.

looks at the system, tho. suarez gets all the goals but felix is the creator. he is stupid talented and if he bulked up a bit would thrive under pep.

Exactly. Good point about his role as well in that team with Suarez.

He is very much a Pep player, but we are likely going to look for a more traditional 9 first.

If the price is right it can happen, and I think we are SURE to explore the option so best prepare for some articles and rumours.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:19 pm

Dimples wrote:
Joao Felix

Unlikely to be Kane for many reasons - for ex, Levy would want to much.
Lukaku - unlikely as he is settled and shooting the lights out i.e. happy
Felix or Martinez more likely due to age and versatility, etc...
Haaland seemingly is the number 1 target and who else had the cash?

Going to ignore the rumors and just wait and see.

Yeah, Kane's price is the biggest issue other than if he feels bad going to a PL side if he leaves, but I don't see the big Euro clubs going for him now, and would he?

If we can't get Haaland, what's the most we'd offer for Kane? I dunno 130m? Is that enough? Levy will want more but come on. He's 28 next season, but he also does not rely on pace and is an incredible creator that would be the business in our side, even if he is oft injured.

I agree about Lukaku - I don't think he's leaving either, hence why I put him 4th. I can't think who else other than those 4, but some of our fans think he is more likely than Kane or Felix.

I rate in terms of "most likely" Kane 1st, Felix 2nd, Haaland 3rd and Lukaku 4th

I hear more and more Dortmund are going to hold and focus on selling Sancho even if no CL. Those meetings with RM and Barca were later reported as exploratory for THE FUTURE...aka AFTER next season as they can't afford him now.

So, RM and Barca say to Haaland/Raiola wait a year and we'll buy you.

Also maybe they tell Dortmund we'll wink wink buy one you want rid of, or maybe we'll sell a player you want that we want rid at a major cut rate price (return of Dembele?) or we'll buy Haaland above the release clause.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Outcast » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:48 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:Felix would cost us over £100m. He’s scored 7 goals in 24 games in La Liga. I wouldn’t bother.

I've written this before I believe, and elsewhere I wrote an epic post (I'll spare that pain lol) but basically the maths don't quite add up to Felix needing to be 100m+ or anywhere near what they paid. Why?

1) Griezmann was sold just before for 6M Euros less than Felix. Based on this if they sell for 80M they'd get a 74M profit.

2) Felix's wages are less than Griezmann. So 6m is likely less. They've cut their wage bill and saved more.

3) Felix's low goal total cannot help his re-sale value (even if it is widely known that Atletico do not play a style that get him many chances per game)

4) Felix's value seems unlikely to increase much next season as long as Simeone is their manager (If he leaves after this season then that could change)

5) Felix cannot be happy with his value dropping + not getting to show off his talents as he was never going to stay if he performs.

6) If Haaland and/or Kane are too expensive Felix price (80-95m IMO) may be acceptable.

7) We've already tried to sign him before, he would fit and his value is low and he's young enough you could sell if needs me (not ideal but is one reason to consider signing if the other options are gone)

8) Lukaku - who some think is a better bet, I don't see leaving after such a good season, CL and the title. Next year Inter will want to repeat and they can. His "brand" is improving and I understand Inter and he are seriously considering a new deal.

Ings? Calvert-Lewin? Otherwise we go with the same or MAYBE Messi for 1 year rental and deal with the market next season, but we let Aguero go.

10) Despite the goal total his value, age, our past interest, and knowing Atleti's style is still high enough to warrant a serious look.

With all due respect, are yiu trying to convince yourself he'll cost less than £100m?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:01 pm

PrezIke wrote:

But Felix is not a scorer, he is more of a KDB, Gundo, Bernie player. Not a poacher or advance striker, what we actually need.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:18 am

Joao Felix

Felix would cost north of 100m even as cut price deal. Harry Kane probably around 100m. Lukaku is as far away from the type of player Pep values as one can possibly get.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 am

anyone but kane ffs. absolutely despise him. let him rot at his shithouse current club.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:44 pm

Wooders wrote:Bamfords had a great season and ticks a lot of boxes for me - would cost a fraction of haaland

Yep - this would be my choice - he would score a hatful in our team
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum