***City v Dortmund |Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City v Dortmund |Official Match Thread***

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:06 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:Crying about something that’s gone. It’s not going to change anything. He actually made a couple of posts about the same incident. But like my post stated - he’s 17.

I don’t know Bellingham personally, so I can’t comment on whether he’s a competitor or not.

But you can interpret that he's crying by posting a picture, ok. I wouldn't mind if he rocked up at City in the near future.

Well he actually is. That is a bitter post in my book also.
Players these days can't wait for a game to end to go and post something on social media.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:Crying about something that’s gone. It’s not going to change anything. He actually made a couple of posts about the same incident. But like my post stated - he’s 17.

I don’t know Bellingham personally, so I can’t comment on whether he’s a competitor or not.

But you can interpret that he's crying by posting a picture, ok. I wouldn't mind if he rocked up at City in the near future.

Players these days can't wait for a game to end to go and post something on social media.

Sancho was crying mid-game - “This ref needs checking” actually surprised he’s got away with that. Imagine Sterling posting that a few seasons back against Spurs
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby branny » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:00 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Sancho was crying mid-game - “This ref needs checking” actually surprised he’s got away with that. Imagine Sterling posting that a few seasons back against Spurs

What the dippers got away with the season before was far worse. Literally the biggest stitch up I have ever seen in football. Four serious game changers across the two legs and all went in their favour.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:13 pm

Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I don’t need to interpret it, I can see his posts. It was mentioned that Bellingham took having the goal disallowed well. I showed he didn’t, and that’s understandable. I’d be fuming.
Sorry if my comment offended you both. I’m sure Jude won’t read it and it won’t effect us potentially signing him in the future.

Was he crying by saying 'gutted' or crying by saying 'still in it'? I presume these are the two tweets you're referring to, but I still don't see where he was crying personally. Maybe I don't interpret things in the same way as you.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:34 pm

But let's be honest we'd love it if our lot were booting off on twitter after the scouse and spurs robbery. I loved the Drogba meltdown
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:44 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I don’t need to interpret it, I can see his posts. It was mentioned that Bellingham took having the goal disallowed well. I showed he didn’t, and that’s understandable. I’d be fuming.
Sorry if my comment offended you both. I’m sure Jude won’t read it and it won’t effect us potentially signing him in the future.

Was he crying by saying 'gutted' or crying by saying 'still in it'? I presume these are the two tweets you're referring to, but I still don't see where he was crying personally. Maybe I don't interpret things in the same way as you.

No worries. A few people have also mentioned it.

His interview was great though, I caught that this morning. Very down to earth.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:27 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Re the mentality of winning the CL

Wonder if we would stand a better chance of winning it if we weren’t as successful domestically? I mean, we are usually in a PL title race and usually have gone deep in the domestic cups so we always seem to have big important games to play in and around the latter stages of the CL. Maybe if we only had the CL to focus on then getting over the big hurdle of winning it the first time might be easier?

Not sure about that, I still believe that Pep’s overt “inferiority complex” about City rubbing shoulders with the so called elite teams has spread to the players, look how he always bigs up the rags and dippers as if we are lucky to be challenging them for honours.
We were nervous against Dortmund, if that Dortmund team were in the PL we would see them off no problem, but in the CL we play the competition not the team, it is the only explanation for our relatively poor performance in the CL

We've been a bag of nerves in pretty much every CL game since long before Pep. I think the pressure comes from higher up and trickles down to the players on the pitch (deserved legend and club captain, Kompany, used to look like a school boy on a field trip to a prison yard as soon as we reached the knock out stages). Our history of misfortunes, brain farts, horrible officiating, etc. of course contributes.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:50 pm

Dortmund losing away to Stuttgart in their Bundesliga game. Looks a pretty much full strength side they’ve put out as they are still behind in the race for a CL spot.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:Dortmund losing away to Stuttgart in their Bundesliga game. Looks a pretty much full strength side they’ve put out as they are still behind in the race for a CL spot.

What do you know. Teams fo come back from a losing position at half time. Now 2-1 in front
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Winning 2-1 now. Hummels went off injured.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:Dortmund losing away to Stuttgart in their Bundesliga game. Looks a pretty much full strength side they’ve put out as they are still behind in the race for a CL spot.

They put out a "Full Strength" team because they do not have strength in depth .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Get ready for some bent decisions: Carlos del Cerro Grande will be in charge.
So again a Spanish cunt in charge. Surely Tebas is giving the last instructions.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby blues2win » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:39 pm

Laporte back in training. In with a shout to start.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:57 pm

blues2win wrote:Laporte back in training. In with a shout to start.

Hope it's not the case. He needs a game to get in shape.
Stones and Dias for me all the way.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby blues2win » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:05 pm

I was thinking more about a back three. Stones Dias and Laporte. Walker and Zinchenko as wing backs. He’ll probably play Cancelo playing as an inverted FB but that leaves Dias playing on the left of the defence which really doesn’t work well in my opinion. He’s uncomfortable there and will be pressed to take advantage.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dimples » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:42 pm

PeterParker wrote:Get ready for some bent decisions: Carlos del Cerro Grande will be in charge.
So again a Spanish cunt in charge. Surely Tebas is giving the last instructions.

Worse he is from the Madrid region.
Odds on he hates Catalans in general and Pep in particular.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:58 pm

Dimples wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Get ready for some bent decisions: Carlos del Cerro Grande will be in charge.

Worse he is from the Madrid region.
Odds on he hates Catalans in general and Pep in particular.

We had our shares with the spanish cunts in charge. Lahoz comes into mind and how much he fucked us.
Worried about this, but looking at the stats with Grande, we won them all.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:37 pm

Word just out our old friend Tebas has been appointed to E.U.F.A executive, this will not end well for us.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:26 am

The knob that sent Otamendi off and gave Schalke two iffy penalties. Hmmm.

All above board. Nothing to see here. These aren’t the droids you’re looking for. He can go about his business. Move along.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:48 am

Limbering up for the krauts round two

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal