PL Games April 9/10/11/12

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Games April 9/10/11/12

Postby stupot » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:08 am

Dimples wrote:I do not understand why Pep is being criticized.
Context is everything.
The club are going for the quadruple.
We play 2 games a week.
That is why we have the strongest squad in the league.
Cancelo, Sterling, Jesus, Fern, Bernie, Mendy, etc... are not just squad lightweights, they are top drawer expensive international professionals.
So they are expected to step up. They had 29 shots and scored once. The blame is with them.

Say Pep played DeBruyne yesterday. Say he got injured. That would be stupid. Key player injured in a match we can afford to lose. Not available for a match we cannot afford to lose in Dortmund. So you rest him to avoid this. You play top class players instead and expect them not to miss 28 shots on goal.

Re Peps game management against Leeds. It was good enough to create 29 shooting opps. That is more than enough to win a game, provided the players do their job.

Context and the big picture show Pep was correct yesterday.

This absolutely.
We have played 32 league games this season, 9 Champions League Games, 4 FA Cup games and 3 Carabao. That's 48 games and we've lost 4.
Leeds was the perfect time to give players a rest with the lead in the league and the 1 off games coming up. There weren't too many on here complaining about the team picked at the start of the match thread.
We have a potential 13 more games for the dream.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:28 am

Agree with the above, however I do think that Pep can’t complain about being in 4 comps still. He knows how many competitions there are at the start of the season. If he doesn’t want to have this amount of games then play the kids in both domestic cups.

The fact is we’re not going to win 4 trophies. So trying to do it every year instead of focusing on one or two specific ones - like PL and CL if that’s what they want, hurts us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:23 am

The team was good enough apart from mendy's inclusion...I said it at the time and Ill say it again...criminal management to even play him.

That said , the team was good enough to win but when you have that little useless cunt Sterling missing his usual bag of chances and Jesus running around like a headless chicken then don't be surprised if we lose......I wasn't surprised.

Big Huge week coming up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The team was good enough apart from mendy's inclusion...I said it at the time and Ill say it again...criminal management to even play him.

That said , the team was good enough to win but when you have that little useless cunt Sterling missing his usual bag of chances and Jesus running around like a headless chicken then don't be surprised if we lose......I wasn't surprised.

Big Huge week coming up.

That’s it. If we smash Dortmund then Leeds will be a distant memory. It was a crap weekend all around and we don’t get many of them anymore so they hit a bit harder when they do.

Hopefully no brain farts on Wednesday with team/tactics selection.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:32 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The team was good enough apart from mendy's inclusion...I said it at the time and Ill say it again...criminal management to even play him.

Big Huge week coming up.

Genuine question, what are the alternatives? we paid 52 million squids for the fekker. If we are planning to sell him, he still needs to get involved sporadically to attract blind potential buyers, not that I want him involved. He's the only recognised LB in our squad and we need to rest players for the upcoming big games.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:44 am

Outcast wrote:

Big Huge week coming up.

Genuine question, what are the alternatives? we paid 52 million squids for the fekker. If we are planning to sell him, he still needs to get involved sporadically to attract blind potential buyers, not that I want him involved. He's the only recognised LB in our squad and we need to rest players for the upcoming big games.

Getting him involved and playing him every now and then is reducing his value if anything. We need to mark Mendy up as a complete loss - ala Mangala.

There’s surely a kid that we could play instead of him?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Outcast wrote:

Big Huge week coming up.

I don't know mate but Id bet anything that there are numerous players in our youth teams who must be thinking '' I'm shit loads better than that lump of expensive shit, why wont PeP play me instead ?"
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:16 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Big Huge week coming up.

I don't know mate but Id bet anything that there are numerous players in our youth teams who must be thinking '' I'm shit loads better than that lump of expensive shit, why wont PeP play me instead ?"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... o-23896969

This might please you apart from Fern of course
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:48 pm

Simon Hooper , Ref for tonight's W.B.A match, what a chunky monkey ! How can it be that referees are way over weight and unfit ? . This is THE top sport in the World.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:56 pm

Good win for WBA maybe BFS can save them.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:24 pm

VAR being it’s usual incompetent self disallowing an early WBA goal at 0-0 because they couldn’t prove he was onside. Surely it also means he can’t be proved to be offside and thus the benefit of doubt should go with the attacker.

Utter shambles at Shockley Park once again
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 pm

If you draw 0-0 you should be docked points instead of get one. Pathetic.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum