***City v Dirty Leeds |Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City v Dirty Leeds |Official Match Thread***

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
salford city wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:Well, that puts pressure on the Premier League, if the rags win their games in hand....we’re 8 points clear with six to play.....ring any bells ???

Lets not get giddy, i doubt they will get anything at spuds and still have the dippers. Today was a game too far in between a tough chumps league double header

Rags will beat spuds, they are fired up due to the 1-6 at the swamp, then there is VAR to help, no, we have to win this on our own, Pep fucked up, maybe it will be justified if we beat Dortmund but I am not holding my breath, we have put needless pressure on ourselves, surely Mendy cannot start another game, cash in on Sterling, Jesus not good enough, we need a striker in the summer

Mendy always has a huge smile on his Face when he plays.

He can not hide it, he is like i am really stealing a living as football player.

I have seen junior school kids with better positional awareness than him. There was a point i thought he was going to try tackling his team mates.

He is DOG SHIT deserving of capital letters.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby branny » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:06 pm

s1ty m wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:I don’t blame pep. We dominated the game and the players didn’t deliver. They had more than enough chances. I’m fuming

Watching sterling run the length of the pitch and ignore Phil’s run only to trip up and lose the ball was the icing on the cake. His worst performance in a blue shirt for me.

I shouted at Sterling throughout but that moment was his current mireshite in capsule. Utter dogshit. He was so poor from the start that it is hard to find words for it.

His decline over the last two seasons has been spectacular. His form at the dippers that made us splash £49m was even streets ahead of where he’s at now.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:09 pm

That camel mouthed cunt couldn’t hide his delight, can’t stand the twat
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:09 pm

If Mendy, Sterling, Jesus or Cancelo are anywhere near the starting 11 on Weds we will not go through mark my words. Cancello could not muster a single decent cross from the dozens he tried, he had a couple of decent games in the middle of the season, but sorry nowhere near good enough for me, the other three are just plain overrated shit. There was no urgency today, there was no urgency last Tuesday until the last 15 minutes. We look knackered or are being so arrogant we think we can stroll to victories.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:11 pm

s1ty m wrote:
salford city wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:we deserve that.

Don't think we deserve it but today has again proven Sterling and Gabs are not good enough. Torres is much better than borh of these.
Ten men for a full half is poor but there is fuck all up top for us and that needs to be addressed

I thought Torres was awful.

He was, and that other soft twat Cancelo, that hangs out his Leg every now and again as a token gesture before retracting it quickly and watching the Ball go in.

The Guy might be talented.

For all it is worth he might as well take a Deck Chair on the Pitch. He is so laid back he would probably fall over that.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:12 pm

branny wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:I don’t blame pep. We dominated the game and the players didn’t deliver. They had more than enough chances. I’m fuming

Watching sterling run the length of the pitch and ignore Phil’s run only to trip up and lose the ball was the icing on the cake. His worst performance in a blue shirt for me.

I shouted at Sterling throughout but that moment was his current mireshite in capsule. Utter dogshit. He was so poor from the start that it is hard to find words for it.

His decline over the last two seasons has been spectacular. His form at the dippers that made us splash £49m was even streets ahead of where he’s at now.

He has an absolutely awful first touch, and that is it, that’s where his trouble lies, he scores goals, some nice ones occasionally, I tell you though when you need him to score he can’t, I would not be at all sorry to see him leave the club.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby branny » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:21 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
branny wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

He has an absolutely awful first touch, and that is it, that’s where his trouble lies, he scores goals, some nice ones occasionally, I tell you though when you need him to score he can’t, I would not be at all sorry to see him leave the club.

Awful first touch, indecisive, can’t go past his man from a standing start, regularly tries to bludgeon his way through defenders and fails, misses sitter after sitter, couldn’t go around a keeper if his life depended on it......
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:04 pm

that was shit, when they went to 10 men we should have buried them, should have Phil and gud on from the start of 2nd half, we are too slow at passing simple as that, does not matter how many players they have behind the ball if you are going from side to side and back again, they can just wait, but if you move the ball quicker and to feet, we might have got a 2nd b4 the got there winner bad all the way thru the side, apart from stones as he did go forward with the ball must play a lot better then this on Wednesday, oh FFS keep Mendy and sterling on the bench
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:12 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:that was shit, when they went to 10 men we should have buried them, should have Phil and gud on from the start of 2nd half, we are too slow at passing simple as that, does not matter how many players they have behind the ball if you are going from side to side and back again, they can just wait, but if you move the ball quicker and to feet, we might have got a 2nd b4 the got there winner bad all the way thru the side, apart from stones as he did go forward with the ball must play a lot better then this on Wednesday, oh FFS keep Mendy and sterling on the bench

Keep Mendy and Sterling on the dressing room bench
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:13 pm

Sterling bobbins again today, it’s hard to watch him at this stage.

Torres has got to start getting more game time ahead of Sterling and Jesus, he’s got a bit of form coming from the international break. Surely he can do better.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:30 pm

The subs also pissed me off, why take Ake off and put Fern at CB, wtf was that supposed to achieve, this mass rotation could turn out to be a disaster if we lose momentum because of it, still fuming because I can see today biting us on the arse in future.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:34 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:The subs also pissed me off, why take Ake off and put Fern at CB, wtf was that supposed to achieve, this mass rotation could turn out to be a disaster if we lose momentum because of it, still fuming because I can see today biting us on the arse in future.

Good point. So many shit performers out there to replace and he chose a defender. Bit naive
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby hayling22 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:09 pm

I don't think in recent memory any team has beaten us by outplaying us

However, we have a habit of beating ourselves every time
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:15 pm

hayling22 wrote:I don't think in recent memory any team has beaten us by outplaying us

However, we have a habit of beating ourselves every time

The way to beat us isnt to out play us its to sit deep let certain players have the ball as they will do nothing with it. Press the others and counter when the opportunity allows. Its a basic plan that worker alot last season but this season we have been able to counter it with quality. Today we didnt have that quality and fell for it hook line and sinker....to ten men.

They had the best chances of the game despite us having a million shots into row z or the keepers arms.

They deserved to win by not only out fighting us but by outsmarting us. To me that means they outplayed us.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby s1ty m » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:01 pm

We are at the point where Mendy needs to be dropped from the squad. The lad is maybe OK for the Championship but even that is a problem when you simply don't know where to stand at left back. He was an embarrassment today and should have been hooked after the 4th or 5th time he deserted his post. Total trash. I think he was worse than Sterling and that takes some doing.

The pressure is now on and they have invited it. Crazy, crazy, crazy to play a rusty Ake and the clown supreme on his left. Jokers to the right? No, Stones ran his tripe out and Cancelo was just poor.

4th defeat of the season and it's mid-April, for balance. But, it felt wrong today and Tuesday was turgid, at best. Either they get their shit together or they exit stage left on Wednesday in what could be a mess and then it's the Cup Semi. A season-defining week, much, on the coattails of this shit show
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:19 pm

Looks like another racism scandal around Sterling.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Outcast » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:40 pm

I'm not worried, we'll win the title. Rags are not good enough to mount a challenge. We had key players rested and we can pick up momentum when they return.
However this game highlights some players need shifting, Mendy is isn't good enough. Sterling cannot be relied on to get us out of trouble, he's definitely not worth 300k a week nevermind the Higher sums he's asking for, I'd say sell and go in for Haaland or even Kane as much as I dislike him.
It's worrying we're incapable of bouncing back from going behind, that's quiet pathetic. This highlights we need a top finisher, we won't get away with it next season if this is not addressed.
Hopefully this shit result is compensated on Wednesday
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:56 pm

seems that their winning goal was offside, Costa was ahead of Zinch - VAR didn't bother to check it apparently (or so we're told)
....and for the statistics lovers among us
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Dogshit .

Need to be so much better in Dortmund.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:30 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
salford city wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:we deserve that.

Don't think we deserve it but today has again proven Sterling and Gabs are not good enough. Torres is much better than borh of these.
Ten men for a full half is poor but there is fuck all up top for us and that needs to be addressed

I thought Torres was awful.

He was, and that other soft twat Cancelo, that hangs out his Leg every now and again as a token gesture before retracting it quickly and watching the Ball go in.

The Guy might be talented.

For all it is worth he might as well take a Deck Chair on the Pitch. He is so laid back he would probably fall over that.

Laid back ? he fell off the wing
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum