The Guardiola Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Guardiola Watch

Postby Scatman » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:52 pm

Very little to report here. Miles ahead in the league, rests well taken, poor performance, won't be forgotten, move on.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:30 pm

Scatman wrote:Very little to report here. Miles ahead in the league, rests well taken, poor performance, won't be forgotten, move on.

The scum win their 2 games and we are not miles ahead.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:53 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Dimples wrote:Pep correctly sent out his second team today. A team that could only convert one shot from 29 and a team that conceded 2 goals from 2 shots.

Don't blame Pep. Today was down to a no show from certain players, particularly Sterling, Jesus and Cancelo.

I do blame Pep here is why -:
Let’s say he got his selection right (which I don’t) his use of subs and game management were incorrect because -:
1) Mendy was an embarrassment to the club, he is useless and offers nothing to the team
2) The sub of Ake to move Fern back to CB was bizarre
3) To leave both Sterling and Jesus on when it was easy to see both were having a mare
The tactics of slowly passing around the Leeds low block should have been changed by any league two coach, not a so called elite coach on the best part of 20 million a year.
Today’s performance by both players and coach are an embarrassment to the club, against a newly promoted club, with ten men for half of the game. QED

Yes I agree with all you are saying but my point is that despite the points you make, Pep's team still had 29 shots Vs. Leeds 2 shots. That is enough to win any game several times over. So Peps team selection and game time management should have easily won the game, if the seasoned elite international players did their job i.e. stick the ball in the net. Top internationals missing 28 shots over 90 minutes is not Peps fault.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:02 am

I fully agree with Harry. The most important point is Pep’s use of the subs. Sterling should have been pulled out at half time. How many forward movements did he ruin with his wrong decision taking and his wild shots that went nowhere. Why wait 70 minutes to bring on Phil. Why only use 2 subs when you could have brought on Mahrez or KDB even for 10 minutes. And why not close the game when we were drawing and take a point on a difficult day? Bring on Walker or Rodri to stabilize the defense leaving Cancelo forward as he likes. These were all Pep’s decisions. Yes the players take a lot of the blame but you can’t legislate for the amount of blocks that Leeds defenders had in a crowded penalty are.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:14 am

I love Pep and 99% of the time take offense to the shite spouted about him on here, but.......

When the fuck have we started Zinchenko as a 10 in the prem before? Why the fuck didn’t Kev come on? Why the fuck didn’t Walker come on?

I predicted the loss an hour before kickoff when I saw the lineup. Anybody being honest with themselves would say the same.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:37 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I love Pep and 99% of the time take offense to the shite spouted about him on here, but.......

When the fuck have we started Zinchenko as a 10 in the prem before? Why the fuck didn’t Kev come on? Why the fuck didn’t Walker come on?

I predicted the loss an hour before kickoff when I saw the lineup. Anybody being honest with themselves would say the same.

Because he, and probably his superiors, feel that Dortmund is more important. We are riding our luck and in worst case end up with nothing. But seriously going for all four is exciting. I have to admit it.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Scatman wrote:Very little to report here. Miles ahead in the league, rests well taken, poor performance, won't be forgotten, move on.

The scum win their 2 games and we are not miles ahead.

Arguably the rags have a harder run in than us.
I can see them dropping points.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:10 am

29 attempts on goal
the players are to blame
clear from his post match interview knows the score
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby salford city » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:13 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I love Pep and 99% of the time take offense to the shite spouted about him on here, but.......

Because he, and probably his superiors, feel that Dortmund is more important. We are riding our luck and in worst case end up with nothing. But seriously going for all four is exciting. I have to admit it.

That's the rub though isnt it? We now expect our 'first team' to play a chumps league 2nd leg and a cup semi final in the space of 3 days and walker, dias, foden, mahrez, rodri and kdb are rested.
We are the only team capable or even in with a shout of winning the lot and thats massive so rotation had to happen and will again for the villa game before the LC final.
Fucking exciting times indeed and dont think the whole club is not thinking of a clean sweep. Its sudden death this next week so expect us to step up
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:30 am

What’s wrong with him?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:27 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Dimples wrote:Pep correctly sent out his second team today. A team that could only convert one shot from 29 and a team that conceded 2 goals from 2 shots.

Don't blame Pep. Today was down to a no show from certain players, particularly Sterling, Jesus and Cancelo.

I do blame Pep here is why -:
Let’s say he got his selection right (which I don’t) his use of subs and game management were incorrect because -:
1) Mendy was an embarrassment to the club, he is useless and offers nothing to the team
2) The sub of Ake to move Fern back to CB was bizarre
3) To leave both Sterling and Jesus on when it was easy to see both were having a mare
The tactics of slowly passing around the Leeds low block should have been changed by any league two coach, not a so called elite coach on the best part of 20 million a year.
Today’s performance by both players and coach are an embarrassment to the club, against a newly promoted club, with ten men for half of the game. QED

Rinse and repeat for yesterday its totally bizarre.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:03 am

Leeds you could forgive him, that team was good enough to beat Leeds. But to then not learn and do it again against a team that’s in the CL semifinals, in an FA Cup semi at Wembley tells me all I need to know about Pep. The guys an arrogant prick and that won’t change.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:07 am

Mase wrote:Leeds you could forgive him, that team was good enough to beat Leeds. But to then not learn and do it again against a team that’s in the CL semifinals, in an FA Cup semi at Wembley tells me all I need to know about Pep. The guys an arrogant prick and that won’t change.

Also a winner.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:16 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Leeds you could forgive him, that team was good enough to beat Leeds. But to then not learn and do it again against a team that’s in the CL semifinals, in an FA Cup semi at Wembley tells me all I need to know about Pep. The guys an arrogant prick and that won’t change.

Also a winner.

Yes Hazy, that win yesterday was brilliant!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:21 am

I think it might be more than that with Pep.
Imho, he played that lot yesterday and with Leeds because he is trying to keep everyone happy, a mistake if you ask me and I reckon here is where he fails as a manager, have to cojones and see the end product before and not the moment.

Yeah, sure, players can be unhappy because they don't play, but when they got the chance, you see the travesty we saw yesterday and I think Pep does not understand that, same as we: he can't get his head around how players are not arsed when they get the chance to play & they don't give a flying fuck.

And Leeds & Chelsea yesterday might start something in the dressing room. Imagine Dias, Gundo, Stones, Kdb, etc, who worked all year long, are not happy with what a few did yesterday. They are taking a piss on all their work and shit like this might really, really fuck our dressing room now.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:29 am

PeterParker wrote:I think it might be more than that with Pep.
Imho, he played that lot yesterday and with Leeds because he is trying to keep everyone happy, a mistake if you ask me and I reckon here is where he fails as a manager, have to cojones and see the end product before and not the moment.

Yeah, sure, players can be unhappy because they don't play, but when they got the chance, you see the travesty we saw yesterday and I think Pep does not understand that, same as we: he can't get his head around how players are not arsed when they get the chance to play & they don't give a flying fuck.

And Leeds & Chelsea yesterday might start something in the dressing room. Imagine Dias, Gundo, Stones, Kdb, etc, who worked all year long, are not happy with what a few did yesterday. They are taking a piss on all their work and shit like this might really, really fuck our dressing room now.

I still dont know why he didnt make changes when it clearly wasnt working?

What this tells me is he plans on playing this team next sunday...nothing else make sense.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:36 am

Dubciteh wrote:

I still dont know why he didnt make changes when it clearly wasnt working?

What this tells me is he plans on playing this team next sunday...nothing else make sense.

He never does it, pal.
He doesn't have a plan B.
And he trusts his players more than he should.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:00 am

We played badly v the second best team in the league and lost it happens. I am happy am I fuck, would I swap where we are as a club No I would however an occasional low seems to bring out a Nasty rash. The whole team bar Dias and Laporte plus Gundo Phil when they got on were rank, that is why we lost. The only thing I take from the game is Chelsea are a team to watch not fear, we need Haaland or Kane as the fuckers up top for us offer close to nothing. Games like that and Leeds we need a forward like Kane showed on Friday no service he pounces when called upon plus scares The defence into panic he can pull it out when needed, we don’t have that and it shows when in arm wrestle games as tight as that, Oh and Sterling 0/10 his head has gone.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:23 am

Hazy2 wrote:

We played badly v the second best team in the league and lost it happens. I am happy am I fuck, would I swap where we are as a club No I would however an occasional low seems to bring out a Nasty rash. The whole team bar Dias and Laporte plus Gundo Phil when they got on were rank, that is why we lost. The only thing I take from the game is Chelsea are a team to watch not fear, we need Haaland or Kane as the fuckers up top for us offer close to nothing. Games like that and Leeds we need a forward like Kane showed on Friday no service he pounces when called upon plus scares The defence into panic he can pull it out when needed, we don’t have that and it shows when in arm wrestle games as tight as that, Oh and Sterling 0/10 his head has gone.

Haarland or Kane would not have helped against a packed defense like yesterdays, We were not creating chances.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:41 am

Hazy2 wrote:

Agree, but what can Haaland/Kane do when the line behind him is not arsed?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum