Competitions & Rotation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Competitions & Rotation

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Nick wrote:
sheblue wrote:We have to rotate. And the 'B' team need to step up and show some bollocks now they are needed more than ever.

Starting with Sterling, that lad needs to knuckle down and just get on with it. Last night when he came on he looked like he didnt give a fuck.

Laporte, jesus, mendy, ake, torres all needed now and they must contribute a lot more.

That display against Leeds was laughable last week.

Time for character.

First time ever I saw sterling not chasing things

There were a series of photos, but found only this one. He was super odd when Foden scored, barely celebrated.

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:53 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Nick wrote:
sheblue wrote:We have to rotate. And the 'B' team need to step up and show some bollocks now they are needed more than ever.

Starting with Sterling, that lad needs to knuckle down and just get on with it. Last night when he came on he looked like he didnt give a fuck.

Laporte, jesus, mendy, ake, torres all needed now and they must contribute a lot more.

Time for character.

There were a series of photos, but found only this one. He was super odd when Foden scored, barely celebrated.

Oh come on PP, you're better than this witch hunt against Sterling, yes we are all pissed at him for sure but using a photo of Walker, Phil running towards Pep and no other City player in the frame!!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:17 am

CTID Hants wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Nick wrote:

Time for character.

Oh come on PP, you're better than this witch hunt against Sterling, yes we are all pissed at him for sure but using a photo of Walker, Phil running towards Pep and no other City player in the frame!!

Neah, pal, I really don't care, just notice that and it was odd for me he didn't celebrate. I am not saying he wasn't happy or anything, just odd. He was actually behind Ake, in this one.

But again, I am not saying he did not celebrate at all, just the captions were odd for me.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:14 pm

Who is this about

Pep Guardiola:

"The bigger stars want to criticise their managers? Ok, you talk, no problem. Three days you have another game. Show me then - after I will come to you and say 'Oh f***, how wrong I was!'. You were right and you are a top talent'. In a semi-final of a #UCL go there and win the game like the biggest stars do, after I will say 'I’m sorry'. This is the greatest. The greatest are like this. They go there score two or three goals. I say 'Oh f*** he was right and I am wrong'. Michael Jordan never went to the media and said my manager and agent, and criticise. He won the NBA titles. Show it. The big ones are there."

[via Manchester Evening News]

Sterling can't be booting off when pep was playing him every waking second and now he is absolute garbage form wise
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby branny » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:39 pm

The games we'll probably rotate in (maybe even to the same level as Leeds) are Villa away (next week) , Palace away (between both PSG legs) and Newcastle away (between Chelsea at home and the FA Cup final if we get there). The rags toughest fixtures are Leeds away 25 /4. Roma H 29/4, dippers H 2/5, Roma A 6/5 and Villa A 9/5 so I'd be surprised if they don't drop any points in those three. . Our other two league games are H Everton and A Brighton so we should have enough wriggle room to get away with it.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:34 am

Nick wrote:Who is this about

Pep Guardiola:

"The bigger stars want to criticise their managers? Ok, you talk, no problem. Three days you have another game. Show me then - after I will come to you and say 'Oh f***, how wrong I was!'. You were right and you are a top talent'. In a semi-final of a #UCL go there and win the game like the biggest stars do, after I will say 'I’m sorry'. This is the greatest. The greatest are like this. They go there score two or three goals. I say 'Oh f*** he was right and I am wrong'. Michael Jordan never went to the media and said my manager and agent, and criticise. He won the NBA titles. Show it. The big ones are there."

Sterling can't be booting off when pep was playing him every waking second and now he is absolute garbage form wise

Share a link to the whole article for context.

To me this COULD be Pep talking about Yaya who has accused him of racism (historically when in 2010 Barca won chumps league when both of them were there iirc) . I seem to remember Yaya had a few pals basketball in NBA I could be totally wrong of course.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby salford city » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:36 am

Interested to see the selection. Expect Cancelo, Laporte, Zinch, Fern and at least one of Gabs or Sterling to start but would prefee same team as last time out
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:55 am

Pep Guardiola:

It’s Sterling RE his interview with Ferdinand -

Guardiola says Sterling must not voice his concerns through the media and challenged him to seize every opportunity to prove it was wrong for him to be left out of City’s biggest matches of the season so far.

“Every day, people talk about the past, and the quadruple,” said Guardiola. “I care about the last training session and about how you behave, your understanding and your body language, mood, and then against Chelsea in the semi-final. That’s where they have to talk. There is the place.”

Then he goes in to the Michael Jordan bit that you’ve quotes. I must admit, I fuckin love that from Pep!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:29 am

Pep Guardiola:

If he is talking about Sterling and he actually did that, then there you have it.
Simple as he can't progress or play excellent when he actually doesn't understand he is shit since 2018.

Hope is bollox.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby john68 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:46 pm

A great comment by a coach of that all conquering Wigan RLFC team when asked about their continuous level of quality:_

The players come to me ready, willing and able to play, and I tell them the tactics.
He translated that as:-It is a players responsibility to ensure they are fully fit in the best condition possible and in the right state of mind to give of their best.

Whatever is going on in Sterling's head, he is certainly not readt fit or in the right state of mind to give of his best.
That is unforgiveable
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:03 pm

Knew that would happen. Fear for Sunday
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:39 pm

There are a possible 10 games left. That's it. Rotation now needs to be at a minimum to ensure we still have at least 2 pots on the sideboard in June. If professional athletes can't manage that schedule they need to be looked at.

I'd sooner have our first XI at 65-70% in some games rather than the team we saw yesterday
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:There are a possible 10 games left. That's it. Rotation now needs to be at a minimum to ensure we still have at least 2 pots on the sideboard in June. If professional athletes can't manage that schedule they need to be looked at.

I'd sooner have our first XI at 65-70% in some games rather than the team we saw yesterday

Exactly. One or two changed when needed. But none of this eight changes nonsense.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:45 pm

john68 wrote:A great comment by a coach of that all conquering Wigan RLFC team when asked about their continuous level of quality:_

The players come to me ready, willing and able to play, and I tell them the tactics.
He translated that as:-It is a players responsibility to ensure they are fully fit in the best condition possible and in the right state of mind to give of their best.

Whatever is going on in Sterling's head, he is certainly not readt fit or in the right state of mind to give of his best.
That is unforgiveable

Agree with that. Ian Botham famously said it to Graham Dilley 4 slips and you are bowling down his leg side sort yourself out or just accept pressure is not for you and do us all a favour. Brutal but elite sport is.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum