*** chelsea vs City FA Cup semi Official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** chelsea vs City FA Cup semi Official match thread***

Postby branny » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:18 am

johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Baldie picked a team to lose and they didn't disappoint him. All part of his master plan I suppose. Enough said really.
I think he might have banked on Chelsea playing a weaker team.
I think he correctly judged playing our slowest back 4 in a high line against their normal counterattacking tactics was likely to gift them the tie. Mendy was the ribbon.

This is what I've questioned and why Cancelo against pace when we have Walker? It was the same v the rags.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:21 am

branny wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Baldie picked a team to lose and they didn't disappoint him. All part of his master plan I suppose. Enough said really.
I think he correctly judged playing our slowest back 4 in a high line against their normal counterattacking tactics was likely to gift them the tie. Mendy was the ribbon.

This is what I've questioned and why Cancelo against pace when we have Walker? It was the same v the rags.

Pace ? Werner isn't fast at all.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:35 am

zuricity wrote:
branny wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Are you taking the piss again? https://the18.com/en/soccer-news/how-fa ... imo-werner

His nickname is Turbo Timo ffs.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:57 am

The lack of effort that Mendy exhibited for their goal and the other one on one which he actually moved away from the player he should have been tracking and challenging so he, in his laziness and stupidity could seem to be not involved. He is, and I mean this, the worst defender I have ever seen. Don’t get me started on Sterling and Jesus, neither should be near the starting 11 for the rest of the season and beyond. I’ve also lost any hope that Cancelo will come good, another plethora of mistakes and wasted crosses. Not good enough. If we’d set up to win that game and we got beat by a better side on the day, I could handle it. We were set up to just be there, that was not a team selection with victory in mind against a very much improved Chelsea. Shocking really, a proper brain fart an a bad performance by pretty much everybody. All summed up in the first half injury time corner which Kev just strolled over to take already over the one minute given and he played it short and complained when the ref blew, what was that all about ? I’m gutted this morning that the fourfold is off, but with a little more thought could have and should be still on.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:13 am

That’s two weekends on the trot fucked up, maybe Jose can give Pep a “masterclass “ next week to make it a treble :mrgreen:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:18 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:That’s two weekends on the trot fucked up, maybe Jose can give Pep a “masterclass “ next week to make it a treble :mrgreen:

Wouldn’t be surprised at all. Spurs will play the strongest side they can and who knows what kind of side we will field with PSG only 3 days off.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:19 am

Just heard that a Norwegian bus driver thinks the title race is back on, if they beat Burnley only eight points in it, he thinks City could fuck up, he may have a point.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby branny » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:45 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just heard that a Norwegian bus driver thinks the title race is back on, if they beat Burnley only eight points in it, he thinks City could fuck up, he may have a point.

Looks like we're going all out for the CL at the expense of everything else. He could have bought himself the luxury of rotation by winning yesterday and vs the rags. Had we won yesterday I don't think anyone would have been arsed about next Sunday.
branny

Postby branny » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:47 pm

zuricity wrote:
branny wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
sheblue wrote:

He left Cancelo for dead. Twice.
branny

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum