New Super League

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Super League

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:44 am

john@staustell wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Have the cub anything to add to the cub statement?

I’ve gone back to the OS a few times now expecting more information and it’s still just a couple of lines stating nothing other than confirmation they have withdrawn.

Panic all over anyway

Not yet, we still have Jesus, Sterling & Mendy :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:49 am

I’ve gone back to the OS a few times now expecting more information and it’s still just a couple of lines stating nothing other than confirmation they have withdrawn.

Just been put up - see the Mansour/Khaldoon thread
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:50 am

PeterParker wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Panic all over anyway

Not yet, we still have Jesus, Sterling & Mendy :lol:

Hope it’s 0 for 3 on any of them starting tonight. In fact the only one I’d want to see on the subs bench is Jesus
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:35 am

Kevin Parker of the OSC speaking very well on SSN just now. Seems to have lost his earring. Apology in the post, not sure about an explanation but he reckons an enquiry is the main requirement not a scapegoat. He makes the point that this action was completely out of character with the ethos of the club but was undoubtedly sanctioned by the chairman and the ownership. You also have to remember that City were the last to accept the ESL deal because we were the last to be offered it. Ask yourself how and why Spurs and Arsenal would receive an invite before ourselves and Chelsea, and what other purpose was served by our inclusion? The answer is probably to do with the majority required under PL rules to expel a club (15) - 6 would be the minimum number of clubs who could protect each other's place in our current domestic league.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:06 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Kevin Parker of th OSC speaking very well on SSN just now. Seems to have lost his earring. Apology in the post, not sure about an explanation but he reckons an enquiry is the main requirement not a scapegoat. He makes the point that this action was completely out of character with the ethos of the club but was undoubtedly sanctioned by the chairman and the ownership. You also have to remember that City were the last to accept the ESL deal because we were the last to be offered it. Ask yourself how and why Spurs and Arsenal would receive an invite before ourselves and Chelsea, and what other purpose was served by our inclusion? The answer is probably to do with the majority required under PL rules to expel a club (15) - 6 would be the minimum number of clubs who could protect each other's place in our current domestic league.

If that's the case that we were included as a last resort because of a majority vote, then sadly it would seem we have been played for huge chumps
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:13 pm

The report on the current position on BBC news just now by Laura something was utterly pathetic, like a continuous Sun headline. Where do they get these cretins from?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:19 pm

They need to deduct the 6 teams involved 10 points each imo. We’d still win the league but everyone else wouldn’t even make top 4 :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:03 pm

johnny crossan wrote:The report on the current position on BBC news just now by Laura something was utterly pathetic, like a continuous Sun headline. Where do they get these cretins from?

It's a cutprice version of the institution if used to be, thanks mainly to costcutting exercises over the years.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby patrickblue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:12 pm

Very interesting article from Perez's statement to the Spanish press.

Amongst other things he says

Perez then stated that one of the six English teams helped turn the tide in discussions with their reluctance to fully buy into the proposals.

"There was someone among the six English teams who didn't have much interest in the Super League and that started affecting the others. It's a team that was never convinced,” he explained.

Who could that have been?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/florentino-perez-hints-super-league-23958716
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:59 am

patrickblue wrote:Very interesting article from Perez's statement to the Spanish press.

Perez then stated that one of the six English teams helped turn the tide in discussions with their reluctance to fully buy into the proposals.

"There was someone among the six English teams who didn't have much interest in the Super League and that started affecting the others. It's a team that was never convinced,” he explained.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/florentino-perez-hints-super-league-23958716

While I don't believe ANYTHING in Mirror I find it possible that there is some truth here. Maybe.
This is pretty easy to narrow down to three teams since Arsenal, rags and Scousepool had people in executive positions in the introduction of the league. Tottenham are badly in debt and financially needed it, regardless of whether they like it or not. So I'd count them out.

That leaves us and Chelsea. Could be either really as we are both financially stable though obviously both clubs are always looking new streams of revenue. I've gotten the impression in the past, little tiny hints, that big London clubs stick together behind the scenes. And Chelsea have just swallowed their pill on their misconduct cases. We on the other hand, we are only few months removed from that letter to UEFA trying to fuck us over. Spaniards have had the go at us any given chance. In fact I saw somewhere that Agnelli's do some business with our owner so it's very possible that we were actually invited by Agnelli's! Furthermore, our people strike as someone who like to be in charge of fortunes. So my guess actually is that it was us.

If my guess is right we were between two old enemies, G14 and UEFA. Probably played with two cards as well. Judging by the statement coming from UEFA praising us when we drew from it and also forced the whole thing to collapse UEFA decided to take the pill and forget the past and sort of invite us to their inner circle or at least closer to it. Sort of enemy of my enemy is my friend situation.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:11 am

patrickblue wrote:Very interesting article from Perez's statement to the Spanish press.

Well we can rule out the Rags, Scousers, Arsenal, Spurs have a link to the NFL. Chelsea do what they want and have no history of loyalty to anything under Abramovich.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:46 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Amongst other things he says Perez then stated that one of the six English teams helped turn the tide in discussions with their reluctance to fully buy into the proposals. "There was someone among the six English teams who didn't have much interest in the Super League and that started affecting the others. It's a team that was never convinced,” he explained. Who could that have been?https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/florentino-perez-hints-super-league-23958716
Well we can rule out the Rags, Scousers, Arsenal, Spurs have a link to the NFL. Chelsea do what they want and have no history of loyalty to anything under Abramovich.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:55 am

That’s great. Hopefully he can keep pushing that narrative.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:03 am

City have very possibly done a deal with UEFA here to finally have a seat on the to table with conditions that suit us . Woodward out of the way and hopefully Perez things should be a lot easier for us . UEFA and people within football always looked at City as the ones who would break this ESL shambles, they knew all along it seems .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:20 am

Just listening to Mike Wedderburn on SSN interviewing the legendary leach Danny Mills. Danny says "the Super League was first 'muted' in 2014" - he's the one who should be permanently muted - 1998 actually. He also reckons Foden isn't playing enough games, Stones' tackle last night was 'seriously dangerous' and Ryan Mason is a tactical genius.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:41 am

johnny crossan wrote:Just listening to Mike Wedderburn on SSN interviewing the legendary leach Danny Mills. Danny says "the Super League was first 'muted' in 2014" - he's the one who should be permanently muted - 1998 actually. He also reckons Foden isn't playing enough games, Stones' tackle last night was 'seriously dangerous' and Ryan Mason is a tactical genius.

Wedders is a City fan - not sure why he couldn’t just ask Mills, “So how much money did you make by refusing a move from City and just sitting on the bench?”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:02 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Just listening to Mike Wedderburn on SSN interviewing the legendary leach Danny Mills. Danny says "the Super League was first 'muted' in 2014" - he's the one who should be permanently muted - 1998 actually. He also reckons Foden isn't playing enough games, Stones' tackle last night was 'seriously dangerous' and Ryan Mason is a tactical genius.

Wedders is a City fan - not sure why he couldn’t just ask Mills, “So how much money did you make by refusing a move from City and just sitting on the bench?”

This for me too. He was a fucking parasite and never fails to stick the boot in. He should be more than grateful at the way he was allowed to run down his contract whilst pocketing the cash. The bald headed gimp
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:07 am

When I said Who could that have been?, I was being sarcastic.

A bit more on the subject!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/22/on-standby-defiant-florentino-perez-insists-super-league-is-far-from-dead
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby salford city » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:31 am

patrickblue wrote:When I said Who could that have been?, I was being sarcastic.

A bit more on the subject!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/22/on-standby-defiant-florentino-perez-insists-super-league-is-far-from-dead

We all know the spanish are fucked without this. Time for us to step in offer up a solution for them that involves us getting first dibs on talent
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues-clues » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:01 am

The plan was incoherent and badly informed, it was certainly appallingly presented. If Perez was involved it is easy to see why but if any of what he says is true then it actually reflects pretty well on City. Our boys could see the issues this would cause from the outset but its hard to believe the reaction caught any of them by surprise.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum