New Super League

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Super League

Postby trueblue64 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Well we are being named as one of the six. This does not sit easy with me at all. Will be interesting to see what happens from tomorrow, and if we are one of the teams from England.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:38 pm

But did we actually sign? Some are saying we did, some we didn't.

Looking forward for a club statement.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby trueblue64 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:43 pm

PeterParker wrote:But did we actually sign? Some are saying we did, some we didn't.

This no one knows at the moment, the Club need to make a statement if they didn't.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:54 pm

PeterParker wrote:But did we actually sign? Some are saying we did, some we didn't.

Martin Samuel is claiming City agreed yesterday, others are lagging behind or (like the BBC) updating their articles seemingly using Samuel as a source. He seems fairly close to the club if past articles are anything to go by.
I'm also looking forward to a club statement. And a reason why the fans weren't consulted if it turns out to be true.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:57 pm

trueblue64 wrote:

This no one knows at the moment, the Club need to make a statement if they didn't.

From the very little I've read thus far, we "apparently agreed" which to me means we haven't signed it yet so maybe playing lip service to the others to see what the fall out is likely to be, not Just uefa, prem league et Al, but also the fans and other clubs and countries not invited.

I know 1894 and other groups expressed their opinions to the club, as have other fans of the other 5, here and probably the same in Italy, Spain etc.

I reckon FIFA will wade in as the ultimate authority.

Euros are at stake over this which in term affects world Cup.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:58 pm

Just the American way - in our western capitalist economy everything is a commodity to be profited from - health, education, sport - you name it and there is a market to be exploited and money to be made by our US friends. Nothing else really matters for them.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:58 pm

It doesn't end here. If this goes ahead in 5 years time the opening fixtures will look something similar to this.

LA Galaxy verses Barcelona.
Inter Miami verses Man City.
New York Red Bulls verses Liverpool.

Much less games. Plenty time for travel.

All the games will be midweek fixtures and maybe occasionally around of noon kick offs on a Saturday. The CL does very well unopposed in those time slots at the moment on the TNT network. The EPL noon game does great ratings with all the families having breakfast. European football gets a really young demographic compared to the traditional US sports. It will all be geared to them. Cant make a midweek game because of work? Tough shit. You don't matter.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:01 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Martin Samuel is claiming City agreed yesterday, others are lagging behind or (like the BBC) updating their articles seemingly using Samuel as a source. He seems fairly close to the club if past articles are anything to go by.
I'm also looking forward to a club statement. And a reason why the fans weren't consulted if it turns out to be true.
Lipton tweeted the City addition - he's a cockroach of the first water and should not be given any credence.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:01 pm

Will not happen .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:02 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Lipton tweeted the City addition - he's a cockroach of the first water and should not be given any credence.

Your kidding yourself on if you think our owners are going to let this gravy train pass them by.
ross.mcfc

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:03 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Anything that brings peace between Jews and Arabs can't be all that bad surely ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:05 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Anything that brings peace between Jews and Arabs can't be all that bad surely ?

When did the tide turn on Samuels? I remember his Jewish agenda being discussed every time he dared to criticised us in the early days of our new owners. Seems to be the only journalist we don't hate these days.
ross.mcfc

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:06 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Your kidding yourself on if you think our owners are going to let this gravy train pass them by.

Boris has just stopped it in its tracks, all the gravy is to be sent back as unfit for British consumers..
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:14 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

When did the tide turn on Samuels? I remember his Jewish agenda being discussed every time he dared to criticised us in the early days of our new owners. Seems to be the only journalist we don't hate these days.

Re : Samuels , no idea , it's just great that all are working together , Not ?

If this goes ahead City will never ever get a penny more from me. I'vs seen and heard enough bullshit from and about Football in the past . I don't need this.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:15 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:Your kidding yourself on if you think our owners are going to let this gravy train pass them by.

Boris has just stopped it in its tracks, all the gravy is to be sent back as unfit for British consumers..

He'll wait to see how many Tories family members are involved in this cash grab before making a definite stance.

Dave Cameron's week just went from bad to worse. All that sleeze then his beloved Villa/West Ham are cut out of the super league :-)
ross.mcfc

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:16 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Martin Lipton? I can't see anything from him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:19 pm

I travel from Scotland 6/7 times a season these days. Long trip but no biggie on Saturday. Sunday 4pm in the winter are shit but I do it for the bigger games if I can get a ticket.

I have zero interest in attending a Tuesday 6pm game against AC Milan.
ross.mcfc

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:24 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:I travel from Scotland 6/7 times a season these days. Long trip but no biggie on Saturday. Sunday 4pm in the winter are shit but I do it for the bigger games if I can get a ticket.

Would you have any interest in attending a 8pm on a Tuesday against Norwich though mate?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:26 pm

Mase wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:I travel from Scotland 6/7 times a season these days. Long trip but no biggie on Saturday. Sunday 4pm in the winter are shit but I do it for the bigger games if I can get a ticket.

Would you have any interest in attending a 8pm on a Tuesday against Norwich though mate?

Not really but no less so than AC Milan.

The Norwich game might mean something. Going for a title or CL place. A game between to Super League teams fighting for 10th doesn't appeal.
ross.mcfc

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:32 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not really but no less so than AC Milan.

The Norwich game might mean something. Going for a title or CL place. A game between to Super League teams fighting for 10th doesn't appeal.

I hate us playing in the CL as it is, so I couldn’t imagine watching us play a European team every week. I’ll end up following non-league if this happens.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum