New Super League

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Super League

Postby hayling22 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:03 pm

It can all come out better than before. All the other teams now have an empty well, with no cash cow to call on.
Barca are still in the mire, UEFA, dare not impose any more restrictions with FFP so it looks like all is well in the world
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:04 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
patrickblue wrote:From the BBC

The remaining four English teams have decided to pull out of the Super League.

BBC Sport understands a formal announcement will be made this evening.

The moves comes at the end of a seismic day, which had already seen Manchester City pull out, with Chelsea due to follow suit.

BUGGER!
We ( the EPL teams) should have pulled up the drawbridge while we had the chance!

Sadly, after we withdrew the rest had an emergency meeting, not sure about Italians and Spanish clubs but the Premier league/fa were set to meet tomorrow with the aim of kicking the English six out.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Vhero » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:06 pm

Madness the last few days, its gone from all negativity to flipping UEFAs view on City it seems. UEFA thanking city.. I didn't think I would see the day. Maybe we will finally get some respect.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby blues-clues » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:09 pm

Can’t see them banning all 12 from next seasons CL. Maybe they will look for individuals as scapegoats, like Perez, Agnelli and Woodward.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:09 pm

They have all pulled out now, be interesting what happens next
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:11 pm

patrickblue wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
patrickblue wrote:From the BBC

The remaining four English teams have decided to pull out of the Super League.

BBC Sport understands a formal announcement will be made this evening.

The moves comes at the end of a seismic day, which had already seen Manchester City pull out, with Chelsea due to follow suit.

BUGGER!
We ( the EPL teams) should have pulled up the drawbridge while we had the chance!

Yeah, but according to this, we're saving English football.
[url]
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... tball.html[/url]

That reads like a paid ad. I had to check it at the bottom the post hadn't been sponsored by City.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues-clues » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:13 pm

Just read the statements the “late four” have released. The Arsenal one is a proper apology, the Liverpool one specifically fails to mention fans as having an influence on their decision, just various stakeholders. Spuds is very short and the rags definitely looks like they are making excuses.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:52 am

Comical. Absolutely bloody COMICAL.
Typical Bloody City is still very much alive and well.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:37 am

Dameerto wrote:Every time I hear Ceferin feign interest in football fans (especially English football fans) I feel the urge to be sick. You're not off the hook by a long shot you bent cunt.

This.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

COMMON SENSE PREVAILS - AT LAST!

Postby CBBT » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:07 am

Thank god common sense has prevailed, have heard many things in last three days. But one thing for sure never underestimate the power of the people (fans). Sure SKY came along and threw mega bucks into the system but whatever anyone thinks they did not create an elitist set up as this ESL would off been, we still have four divisions in this country as we did 50,60,70 years gone back. We have fair competitions, and still have giant killing moments. Now the change has to come , UEFA MUST TAKE HEED AND LEARN!! Their European competitions must go back to straight knockout and in what they call the champion league it must be champions only!! Sorry TV and the prawn sandwiches that is what has kept football afloat in this country for almost 140 years, to even contemplate a shorter match time , and top team games just because someone has decided it would make more younger people interested in our great game is complete bollox! what would follow , ten minute breaks for adverts every ten minutes during a game, the money is at its limit now learn to use it correctly and stop using a SPORT FOR GREED GREED GREED!!

The sad thing also would be to a fan having to travel huge distances and have to pay huge match day prices just watch 22 men/women kick a ball around?? Leave our sport alone its fine but just needs a few mods and tweaks, goaline technology is in!! VAR unless modified is out, cross hair lines for offsides must be thickens to give some margin of error instead of what is currently so precise its used in Space technology! Handball rules - enough said!!

Why try to fix what is not broken?? well it is not in this country apart from a couple of clubs who have given themselves huge debts to generate owner profits!! Oh and lets not forget FFP and its demise as the European elite are slowly going broke and cant compete so UEFA change the rules!!!
YOU DON'T PICK CITY , CITY PICKS YOU AND WHEN IT HAS!! NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY THATS IT NO MORE NO SEASON TICKET IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY THE BLUE MIST THE ONLY TIME YOU STOP BEING BLUE IS WHEN YOU DIE!!
IF YOU ARE LUCKY IN YOUR ERA OF BEING BLUE YOU WILL SEE SUCESS IF NOT HEARTBREAK EITHER WAY YOU WILL BE BLUE. ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!

CITY TILL I DIE !!!
CBBT
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Sergio!!

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:43 am

Gutted that the rest of the clubs have followed us. I wanted them to die a slow and painful death.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:49 am

This battle may be won, but this is a war. And this is not the end of it by a long shot.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blue Jam » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:21 am

sheblue wrote:This battle may be won, but this is a war. And this is not the end of it by a long shot.

Agreed. This was just a high profile skirmish. The war will go on, most of us won't know about the behind closed doors stuff.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:25 am

John henry straight in with video apology for the dippers. Wonder will khaldoon do one for us? First to act on these things is crucial. We prob should have had one prepped too.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:28 am

Dubciteh wrote:John henry straight in with video apology for the dippers. Wonder will khaldoon do one for us? First to act on these things is crucial. We prob should have had one prepped too.

I don't think that has any honesty in it, Henry was one of those who started all of this.
Smoke and Mirrors, reminded me of this from South Park:

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 am

PeterParker wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:John henry straight in with video apology for the dippers. Wonder will khaldoon do one for us? First to act on these things is crucial. We prob should have had one prepped too.

I don't think that has any honesty in it, Henry was one of those who started all of this.
Smoke and Mirrors, reminded me of this from South Park:

It's like Woke Apologetics - completely artificial and driven by fear.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: COMMON SENSE PREVAILS - AT LAST!

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:10 am

Throw this in the other thread mate, much easier to keep up when its all in one spot.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:19 am

From Marca UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has formally welcomed Manchester City back into the European football family, and praised their decision to withdraw from the Super League.

After Sunday's announcement of the breakaway competition, protests and criticism rained down from public figure, governments and players over the move.

"I am delighted to welcome City back to the European football family," Ceferin said in a statement.

"They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans - that have spelled out the vital benefits that the current system has for the whole of European football; from the world beating Champions League final right down to a young player's first coaching session at a grassroots club.

"It takes courage to admit a mistake but I have never doubted that they had the ability and common sense to make that decision. City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game."
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:27 am

Have the cub anything to add to the cub statement?

I’ve gone back to the OS a few times now expecting more information and it’s still just a couple of lines stating nothing other than confirmation they have withdrawn.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:33 am

Green & Blue wrote:Have the cub anything to add to the cub statement?

I’ve gone back to the OS a few times now expecting more information and it’s still just a couple of lines stating nothing other than confirmation they have withdrawn.

Sticky L key mate?

Panic all over anyway
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum