Harry Kane Not Welcome Here

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Harry Kane Not Welcome Here

Postby Dimples » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:55 pm

Kane's interview after Mura game was something else. Standard answers delivered with a 'I don't give a toss' style.

Based on his body language and delivery he acted like a guy who knows he is leaving.......
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby john68 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:54 am

You have a job that you're extremely good at, but you are aware that the company you work for are going nowhere and there are better companies and better prospects elsewhere.
You have served your employers well for a number of years but realise that if you want to progress you have to leave.
Your employers recognise this and though they don't want you to go, they reluctantly agree to release you.
A better company head hunts you and offers you better prospects, they even offer to compensate your current company.
Forget that it is football,, is there any other industry that has the right to hold you in their employ aginst your will or better judgement?
Is there any other industry where an employer can curtail your career at their whim of fancy?

We seem to accept that sports companies have a right to ownership of their employees.
It's not that long ago that players were unable to leave a club even after their contract had expired unless the club were compensated.
Freedom of contract was a right for just about everyone except sports players.
It was found to be illegal as were the circumstances that led to the Bosman Ruling.

Whether it's City or Kane, why should a player be held against his will? Why do players not have the right to pursue their careers in a way that just about everyone else has the right to do?

(Personally, I don't particularly want Kane but the point stands
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:07 am

^^^^

You're wrong John , he is a contractor on a limited term contract. At the end of the contract he is free to go where he pleases and Spuds must allow the transfer of his player id to the new club. He must register for a new club.

The only question is what kind of termination of contract they have with each other , 30 days notice , instant termination etc.

As a Yorkshire mate of mine would say 'arry shot his wad .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:56 am

Exactly Z. He was happy enough to sign a long term contract which presumably remunerated him very well without having the sense to incorporate release clauses

He has made his bed. Hope there is plenty of hay in it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:56 am

nottsblue wrote:Exactly Z. He was happy enough to sign a long term contract which presumably remunerated him very well without having the sense to incorporate release clauses

He has made his bed. Hope there is plenty of hay in it

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john68 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:35 pm

zuricity wrote:^^^^

You're wrong John , he is a contractor on a limited term contract. At the end of the contract he is free to go where he pleases and Spuds must allow the transfer of his player id to the new club. He must register for a new club.

The only question is what kind of termination of contract they have with each other , 30 days notice , instant termination etc.

Are you certain of his legal status as a contractor or is he an employee?
Also, as Kane and his legal team assert, that he had a verbal or gentleman's agreement that he would be allowed to leave, (considering Spurs would be in control of the amount of compensation they could demand), Spurs refusal to allow that process to even commence, could be seen as holding him against his will.

I am not certain, but believe that Kane signed a new contract not that long ago. This is often done as a financial strategy where a club ensures the value of a player is kept to a maximum when they release the player. Often done whenboth parties have agreed (verbally or otherwise) that a player can leave if the compensation value is met.

It is not just the Kane issue, I think the whole transfer system needs to be looked at. Where players are viwed as players rather than human assets of profit and loss.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:01 pm

john68 wrote:
zuricity wrote:^^^^

Are you certain of his legal status as a contractor or is he an employee?
Also, as Kane and his legal team assert, that he had a verbal or gentleman's agreement that he would be allowed to leave, (considering Spurs would be in control of the amount of compensation they could demand), Spurs refusal to allow that process to even commence, could be seen as holding him against his will.

I am not certain, but believe that Kane signed a new contract not that long ago. This is often done as a financial strategy where a club ensures the value of a player is kept to a maximum when they release the player. Often done whenboth parties have agreed (verbally or otherwise) that a player can leave if the compensation value is met.

It is not just the Kane issue, I think the whole transfer system needs to be looked at. Where players are viwed as players rather than human assets of profit and loss.

Are you certain he is/was an employee ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:06 pm

^^^ There has been several income tax cases about monies being paid for image rights etc, wasn't Rooney involved in one ( offshore payments) ? If he is an employee on a limited contract , he would still have normal enforceable termination of contract rights would he not ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john68 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:11 pm

zuricity wrote:^^^ There has been several income tax cases about monies being paid for image rights etc, wasn't Rooney involved in one ( offshore payments) ? If he is an employee on a limited contract , he would still have normal enforceable termination of contract rights would he not ?

I genuinely don't know the answer to the contractor/employee questionMate. But an employee outside football would have would have tax problems if earnings beyond his usual income were not declared. I don't see that as an issue determining the contractor/employee question.
Pre Thatcher most employees in the UK used to have termination of employment regulations laid down in their employment contracts. Thatcher changed much of the then employment rights etc and subsequently E.U. laws were added and to further muddier the legislation.
With the advent of zero hours contracts, I truly haven't got a clueof the current situation.

I do think that contracts in football are largely irrelevent and are largely ignored by the owners and players. to suit their own agendas. We see players sold on when no longer needed and others kept against their will.

My opinion is that if Kane had made it known he wanted to leave and Spurs agreed he could under certain circumstances, then they refuse to stick to that agreement, they are at fault.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:50 pm

john68 wrote:
zuricity wrote:^^^ There has been several income tax cases about monies being paid for image rights etc, wasn't Rooney involved in one ( offshore payments) ? If he is an employee on a limited contract , he would still have normal enforceable termination of contract rights would he not ?

I genuinely don't know the answer to the contractor/employee questionMate. But an employee outside football would have would have tax problems if earnings beyond his usual income were not declared. I don't see that as an issue determining the contractor/employee question.
Pre Thatcher most employees in the UK used to have termination of employment regulations laid down in their employment contracts. Thatcher changed much of the then employment rights etc and subsequently E.U. laws were added and to further muddier the legislation.
With the advent of zero hours contracts, I truly haven't got a clueof the current situation.

I do think that contracts in football are largely irrelevent and are largely ignored by the owners and players. to suit their own agendas. We see players sold on when no longer needed and others kept against their will.

My opinion is that if Kane had made it known he wanted to leave and Spurs agreed he could under certain circumstances, then they refuse to stick to that agreement, they are at fault.

I've done contract work for over 30 years .

It used to be 30 days . Now they claim to have the right to immediate termination they don't even need a reason. I always agree and point out that i too have the right to immediate termination.

Thing is , shoot your bolt with a blue chip company, you may go on their blacklist . Very difficult to get off it. Never happened to me though i must say.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:27 am

Still not welcome. Don’t go back in for him!!!! The guy is a prick that goes to injury other players, timewastes, would cost £100+ million and not be worth it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:43 am

Mase wrote:Still not welcome. Don’t go back in for him!!!! The guy is a prick that goes to injury other players, timewastes, would cost £100+ million and not be worth it.

Said it in the match thread, we are the main culpable, but his cowardness is the reason we don't have a striker today.
Saw how he gave everything yesterday, while with rags, scouse and chavs played like a muppet made me dislike him even more.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:33 pm

Massive massive cunt. If he wears blue ill run on and chin him
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby john68 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:25 am

My view of Kane hasn't changed because of this game.
I acknowledged that he is a top goal scorer but felt that he failed to work hard enough when not on the ball.
Yesterday was one of the few times he has proved me wrong.

I don't blame him for his performance, that is just sour grapes and I feel just as sick about his role yesterday...but, he is paid by Spurs to do a job and we failed to stop him.
Win some, lose some.
john68

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:40 am

john68 wrote:My view of Kane hasn't changed because of this game.
I acknowledged that he is a top goal scorer but felt that he failed to work hard enough when not on the ball.

I don't blame him for his performance, that is just sour grapes and I feel just as sick about his role yesterday...but, he is paid by Spurs to do a job and we failed to stop him.
Win some, lose some.

But hes been wank in his other games
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:27 am

Nick wrote:

Win some, lose some.

He wasn't playing the team that failed to match Levy's (over-inflated) valuation of him. Point to prove, and all that...
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Outcast » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:50 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Nick wrote:

Win some, lose some.

He wasn't playing the team that failed to match Levy's (over-inflated) valuation of him. Point to prove, and all that...

He can jizz himself for that cup final performance. Our boys will be jizzing in a silver pot come end of the season. I know which jizz got more satisfaction.
Hope he pokes his eye when he jizz's himself after that performance the wanker
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john68 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:02 am

Nick wrote:

Win some, lose some.

I agree Nick, but v City he went out and did the job he is paid handsomely to do. I already said he failed to work hard enough off the ball, He didn't particularly work very hard v City but was clinical with his chances.
We had tons of chances that never found the back of the net.
john68

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:03 pm

Not even on a free.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:05 pm

if he signs i'm done with city full stop.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum