Stones - New Contract

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Stones - New Contract

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:33 pm

A good Stones is a good asset
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:40 pm

Something is amiss with Stones and has been since the Euros.
Plays for England yet Pep and presumably our medical team say he isn't fit. Doesn't add up. Has he fell off the wagon again? Maybe there are issues again in his personal life?

Whatever it is I fear its here to stay and that his form and consistency last season was the exception rather than the rule. We need guys who put their bodies on the line and dont cry off and Cancelo standing up today to play after what he went through a day or do before embodies what we need.

Last season him and Dias were a truly awesome partnership and their bromance was a highlight. Sadly, I cant see him getting back to those levels
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:31 pm

get rid.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:Whatever it is I fear its here to stay and that his form and consistency last season was the exception rather than the rule. We need guys who put their bodies on the line and dont cry off and Cancelo standing up today to play after what he went through a day or do before embodies what we need.

Have to say I've misjudged Cancelo. Was watching today the game on Eurosport and the commentator mentioned what happened with his mum when he was still young.
You need to be a rock to get over stuff like that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:Something is amiss with Stones and has been since the Euros.
Plays for England yet Pep and presumably our medical team say he isn't fit. Doesn't add up. Has he fell off the wagon again? Maybe there are issues again in his personal life?

Whatever it is I fear its here to stay and that his form and consistency last season was the exception rather than the rule. We need guys who put their bodies on the line and dont cry off and Cancelo standing up today to play after what he went through a day or do before embodies what we need.

Last season him and Dias were a truly awesome partnership and their bromance was a highlight. Sadly, I cant see him getting back to those levels

Whilst I don't want to cast aspersions and someone said it on here in the first lockdown.

Pubs closed, limits to social gatherings and he returned to top form, unstoppable. No longer in lockdowns and other things to cast his attention to away from the pitch and he slips down the team sheet.

I dunno but there is a similarly.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Dimples » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:35 am

English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh problem? Not exclusive to players from these countries but seems to be far more prevalent.

Drinking culture in home countries does not go hand in hand with professional sport. Much higher percentage of home country players seem to have issues with alcohol than continental players.
Some people can handle it, others cannot.
Applies to all sports not just soccer.
Stones, Grealish and Foden were all in the news due to alcohol related incidents. All English. They join a long list of home grown played who had similar issues, some very high profile like Gazza, Greaves, Best, Robson, McGrath, Merson, Adams..... At City there was Whitley, Johnson.....
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sheblue » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:51 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:get rid.

Get dry.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal