mendy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mendy

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:41 pm

Good old Bendy - City front page news
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:56 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Good old Bendy - City front page news

A play on an old only fools and horses gag.....

The last two were not rape until the cheque bounced. Sorry bad taste and all that

Seriously though, WTAF Mendy you silly bastard
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:44 pm

salford city wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Good old Bendy - City front page news

A play on an old only fools and horses gag.....

The last two were not rape until the cheque bounced. Sorry bad taste and all that

Seriously though, WTAF Mendy you silly bastard

Giggs must be relieved he is the second worst !!! Mendy dear oh dear.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:01 pm

Rather appallingly, there is a media outlet who posted pictures of Ferland Mendy and Edouard Mendy instead of Benjamin whilst reporting his rape case. Quite unbelievable in this day and age
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:Rather appallingly, there is a media outlet who posted pictures of Ferland Mendy and Edouard Mendy instead of Benjamin whilst reporting his rape case. Quite unbelievable in this day and age
this is the state of modern journalism - legions of ignorant, contemptible wasters posing as 'reporters' crawling over the internet for any image or piece of sleaze they can sell into the gutter media.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Two's Kompany » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Rather appallingly, there is a media outlet who posted pictures of Ferland Mendy and Edouard Mendy instead of Benjamin whilst reporting his rape case. Quite unbelievable in this day and age
this is the state of modern journalism - legions of ignorant, contemptible wasters posing as 'reporters' crawling over the internet for any image or piece of sleaze they can sell into the gutter media.

The problem is news outlets don't always employ 'sports journos or subs' so get news journos to double up and they make errors like the above.
It's their way of saving ££££s.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby salford city » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:02 am

Two's Kompany wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

The problem is news outlets don't always employ 'sports journos or subs' so get news journos to double up and they make errors like the above.

Saw this myself but when i read the story the publisher put a one line apology referring to them using an incorrect image in the earlier update. I imagine that they've had to go slightly further with the people whose photos they previously printed?
Does highlight the level of (in)competence out there in the press
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:17 am

Many years ago I shared a taxi with the sport editor at the times who didn’t know tevez was now playing at city - think he’d been here about a year at the time.
On another occasion, a friend of mine tweeted her friend who is a football journo but also tweeted his personal account, which was the biggest Liverpool cocksucking fanboy page I’ve ever seen, replete with the statement that “firmino is the best striker in the league” - they’re a waste of fucking space
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby PeterParker » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:59 am

salford city wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Saw this myself but when i read the story the publisher put a one line apology referring to them using an incorrect image in the earlier update. I imagine that they've had to go slightly further with the people whose photos they previously printed?
Does highlight the level of (in)competence out there in the press

To be fair, you need to understand that many of them are really idiots.
I mean, really idiots.

Example: Sent a press release to a publication (paid), they put the article on, but the photo was all wrong because of their site format. Asked to change it, said they need the picture to fit their format, asked the format, the dimensions and they always said it has to be 5 MB. Lost one day with this.

My point is that many times who writes the article is not the same that puts the picture and uploads it on sites.
It is the way the media is today.
Maybe that is why no one has any respect for them (no one who has a brain).
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby hayling22 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:51 pm

Does anyone know the situation, should the allegations be proved, do we just lose all the value of the player, or is there usually an insurance that covers this?

Before this all happened, despite him being a lame horse player in many eyes, he would have still had a value. Does the club have to just write this off now?
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:57 pm

hayling22 wrote:Does anyone know the situation, should the allegations be proved, do we just lose all the value of the player, or is there usually an insurance that covers this?

Before this all happened, despite him being a lame horse player in many eyes, he would have still had a value. Does the club have to just write this off now?

Pretty much. The only person we could go after is Mendy himself, but I can’t imagine the club will do that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:59 pm

hayling22 wrote:Does anyone know the situation, should the allegations be proved, do we just lose all the value of the player, or is there usually an insurance that covers this?

I would have thought any insurance claim would related to accident or injury, if he is convicted it would be deemed self inflicted, so we would lose any value associated with him
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

I would have thought any insurance claim would related to accident or injury, if he is convicted it would be deemed self inflicted, so we would lose any value associated with him

At least we can presumably stop paying the cunt
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

Wonder if this can come out as image prejudice of the club and we can take him to court.
Highly unlikely, but curious.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:11 pm

Chelsea sued Mutu when he was banned from playing football and they were awarded a few million, which they’ve still not seen by all accounts.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:12 pm

Mase wrote:Chelsea sued Mutu when he was banned from playing football and they were awarded a few million, which they’ve still not seen by all accounts.

Exactly. The fucker paid zero. however, the story here goes that Juventus paid the fine to Chelsea in order to sign him for free.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:25 pm

Could we sue tha bastard for breach of contract insofar has he has made himself unavailable for his work due to his actions?
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

Every cloud, eh?
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:03 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

Every cloud, eh?

I really hope that we suspended his wages the minute he was put on remand and said we will cough up if not guilty
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:53 am

Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been charged with a further count of rape.
The French international, of Prestbury in Cheshire, is now accused of seven counts of rape and one count of sexual assault relating to five women.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum