mendy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mendy

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:20 pm

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:Man City star Benjamin Mendy freed on BAIL after appearing in court charged with seven counts of rape

That's pushing it a bit!

:lol:

We're ok, the terms of his bail say he has to stay at his home address.

Mind you, judging from his track record he'll probably go straight out and break the conditions and get locked up again.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Kippax Sean » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:13 pm

An absolute waste of space. Hope he gets the book thrown at him.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:17 pm

Had to move him out of the dipper gaol because of fears about his safety - to Strangeways !!!
Tucked up at home in the village now though.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:22 pm

Mendy charged with an additional count of attempted rape. Trial date set for July 25.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:24 pm

blues2win wrote:Mendy charged with an additional count of attempted rape. Trial date set for July 25.

He can share notes with the gutter scumbag across the road .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
blues2win wrote:Mendy charged with an additional count of attempted rape. Trial date set for July 25.

I hope the gutter scumbag isn't relying on Mendy's crosses in the Strangeways team. His stats will drop right down.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Scumbag across the road will be getting plenty of sex in the gutter showers, certainly not by choice. He'll have something to moan about.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:23 pm

Another charge??

Saville won't have a patch on him by the time he's done at this rate
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:48 pm

The fact that the judge said today, “Say, for example, Mr Mendy, his career is on hold. Everyone has got to understand Mr Mendy can't go to work. This matter needs to be tried.” says to me that there’s not going to be enough evidence that he actually committed rape.

He’s been charged because he’s likely said “no comment” throughout all the interviews. Which is the right thing to do. And it’s likely true that these women were at his house when they’re claiming they were raped. So it needs to go to court to be proven, a charge isn’t proof.

We’ll see what happens.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:38 pm

Mase wrote:The fact that the judge said today, “Say, for example, Mr Mendy, his career is on hold. Everyone has got to understand Mr Mendy can't go to work. This matter needs to be tried.” says to me that there’s not going to be enough evidence that he actually committed rape.

He’s been charged because he’s likely said “no comment” throughout all the interviews. Which is the right thing to do. And it’s likely true that these women were at his house when they’re claiming they were raped. So it needs to go to court to be proven, a charge isn’t proof.

We’ll see what happens.

How is "no comment" the right thing to do if you're innocent, I've never fuckin got that.

Somebody says to me no fucking comment I go straight to guilty as fuck, banged to rights.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:47 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:The fact that the judge said today, “Say, for example, Mr Mendy, his career is on hold. Everyone has got to understand Mr Mendy can't go to work. This matter needs to be tried.” says to me that there’s not going to be enough evidence that he actually committed rape.

We’ll see what happens.

How is "no comment" the right thing to do if you're innocent, I've never fuckin got that.

Somebody says to me no fucking comment I go straight to guilty as fuck, banged to rights.

Also Mase, you need to factor in the CPS decision to charge him, they must consider they have the evidence to convict him of rape irrespective of his response. i.e. Does the evidence provide a realistic prospect of conviction? That means, having heard the evidence, is a court more likely than not to find the defendant guilty?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:58 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

We’ll see what happens.

My friend was accused of rape three years ago, and subsequently charge by Scottish police. It relates to when we were on a stag do in Edinburgh about 4 months before his arrest, he brought a girl back to our hostel, they had sex, she left in the early hours.

Luckily I was awake (being a shit sleeper finally comes in useful) and on the bunk facing him so saw/heard all of it.

Police came down from Scotland one morning, got to his at 5am and dragged him outside in front of neighbours and his little girl (he’s the only parent as his wife died of cancer about 6 years ago).

When he was arrested his solicitor told him that because he was angry at it all happening in front of his girl and because they’d driven him back up to Scotland from Bolton to question him he would be emotional and anything he said to the police would be twisted because they’re goal is to get a charge. He was advised to say “no comment” all the way through questioning and then have his opportunity to give the real story in court.

He was charged and given a court date. Luckily she admitted she was lying before the court date after police looked at the footage from the night in the bars and hostel and re-questioned her.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:11 pm

Obviously if he’s guilty then I hope more than anything he gets sent down. And the fact that he’s been nowhere near our club since all this has been a bonus.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:15 pm

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

We’ll see what happens.

My friend was accused of rape three years ago, and subsequently charge by Scottish police. It relates to when we were on a stag do in Edinburgh about 4 months before his arrest, he brought a girl back to our hostel, they had sex, she left in the early hours.

Luckily I was awake (being a shit sleeper finally comes in useful) and on the bunk facing him so saw/heard all of it.

Police came down from Scotland one morning, got to his at 5am and dragged him outside in front of neighbours and his little girl (he’s the only parent as his wife died of cancer about 6 years ago).

When he was arrested his solicitor told him that because he was angry at it all happening in front of his girl and because they’d driven him back up to Scotland from Bolton to question him he would be emotional and anything he said to the police would be twisted because they’re goal is to get a charge. He was advised to say “no comment” all the way through questioning and then have his opportunity to give the real story in court.

He was charged and given a court date. Luckily she admitted she was lying before the court date after police looked at the footage from the night in the bars and hostel and re-questioned her.

Did you have an opportunity to tell the Scottish police your account as an eye witness in the four months before they drove down and dragged him out of bed at 5am?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:23 pm

Mase wrote:And the fact that he’s been nowhere near our club since all this has been a bonus.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

THIS
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:32 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

We’ll see what happens.

Did you have an opportunity to tell the Scottish police your account as an eye witness in the four months before they drove down and dragged him out of bed at 5am?

As they were driving him up to Scotland to question him, some stayed here to take statements from people in the room (there was 5 of us in the same room in bunks). Weirdly, the police questioned three of my other mates, one said he’d heard them come in and detailed what he’d heard, and all told them that I was awake throughout it all and in the bunk facing it so could see. But the police didn’t question me before charging him..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:32 pm

Wow Mase

That's one scary story about your mate and I am glad it got sorted although I cannot even begin to imagine how he coped going through that!!

Out of interest did you and your other mates get interviewed, did you tell police what you saw etc?

Back to Mendy, iirc we are talking 4 different women (at least) with 8 charges (minimum) hanging over him, one of which triggered his breach of bail putting in him on remand.

I appreciate given what happened to your mate that you may have different outlook and thankfully truth prevailed for him, but Mendy implicated multiple times by multiple victim's surely is a different ball game??

If the odds weren't so weighted against him I would normally go with innocent until proven guilty but I cannot see this turning out in his favour, I really can't
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:38 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Wow Mase

That's one scary story about your mate and I am glad it got sorted although I cannot even begin to imagine how he coped going through that!!

Out of interest did you and your other mates get interviewed, did you tell police what you saw etc?

Back to Mendy, iirc we are talking 4 different women (at least) with 8 charges (minimum) hanging over him, one of which triggered his breach of bail putting in him on remand.

I appreciate given what happened to your mate that you may have different outlook and thankfully truth prevailed for him, but Mendy implicated multiple times by multiple victim's surely is a different ball game??

If the odds weren't so weighted against him I would normally go with innocent until proven guilty but I cannot see this turning out in his favour, I really can't

It wasn’t great mate, I remember having to tell his brother and sister that he’d been arrested because at the time we were trying to workout where his girl was (luckily he’d had enough time to time his father in law to get her).

They questioned 3 of my mates and then shot back up to Scotland.

The horrible thing is when he finally got the charges dropped no one would initially tell him why. Police kept his mobile and didn’t return it. We asked whether he would consider some sort of pressing charges against her but in the end he was just relieved she told the truth. Turns out she was married, got home at 6am and her husband questioned where she’d been and she made the story up.

I actually think with Mendy we’re up to 6 or 7 women now? I think another one was added today!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:48 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

We’ll see what happens.

As they were driving him up to Scotland to question him, some stayed here to take statements from people in the room (there was 5 of us in the same room in bunks). Weirdly, the police questioned three of my other mates, one said he’d heard them come in and detailed what he’d heard, and all told them that I was awake throughout it all and in the bunk facing it so could see. But the police didn’t question me before charging him..

very curious, they were told by 3 others you were a key witness and didn't take your statement - did you ever follow that up?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:20 pm

My details were passed to his solicitor to be a witness in court. He’d already been charged before we realised they were coming back to take a statement from me.

It would have looked awful in court if it had been shown the police were told about a key witness and didn’t follow up. His solicitor was happy about it to be honest.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum