mendy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mendy

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:02 am

Might get sacked. A company's internal disciplinary processes do not require the same levels of proof as a crown court.

We must also bear in mind that, despite being a mong who plays for an evil club, players can be the target of allegations which may be spurious at best.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:09 am

john@staustell wrote:Might get sacked. A company's internal disciplinary processes do not require the same levels of proof as a crown court.

We must also bear in mind that, despite being a mong who plays for an evil club, players can be the target of allegations which may be spurious at best.

Absolutely - as with Mendy.
In Mason’s case the recording was quite clear. Not sure if you heard it John, but just that alone should be enough for the Rags to sack him. I’d be surprised if their women’s team didn’t call it a day if he rejoins.
Last edited by Mase on Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:25 am

Since when have the rags had any moral standards?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby stupot » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am

Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Might get sacked. A company's internal disciplinary processes do not require the same levels of proof as a crown court.

In Mason’s case the recording was quite clear. Not sure if you heard it John, but just that alone should be enough for the Rags to sack him. I’d be surprised if they women’s team didn’t call it a day if he rejoins.

Spot on Mase, the recording was horrendous. Can't see any way he'll play for them again.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:02 am

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

In Mason’s case the recording was quite clear. Not sure if you heard it John, but just that alone should be enough for the Rags to sack him. I’d be surprised if they women’s team didn’t call it a day if he rejoins.

Spot on Mase, the recording was horrendous. Can't see any way he'll play for them again.

I watched the tweet and heard the recording again this morning after someone re-posted it. It's enough to make you sick. Why the CPS think that alone is not enough to proceed baffles me. He should never play professional football again - in any country. Absolute bell-end of a shit-bag.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:28 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

I watched the tweet and heard the recording again this morning after someone re-posted it. It's enough to make you sick. Why the CPS think that alone is not enough to proceed baffles me. He should never play professional football again - in any country. Absolute bell-end of a shit-bag.

I’ve got two girls that are 11 months and 4 years old, and it knocks me sick thinking about when they leave home and enter the big bad world.

Unfortunately the CPS can’t do much if the girl won’t cooperate. It’s been a year now, so I’d imagine they’ve pushed and pushed her but if she won’t talk then there’s not much they can do. It’s such a shame because he’s free to act like that again and it’ll probably happen to some other poor girl(s).
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:39 am

Its mental

Aren't they back together/ living together? And I heard her dad wouldn't cooperate either (paid off / threatened) it's bad and he's a scummer. Surprised he's not been knocked out etc.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:52 am

Nick wrote:Its mental

Aren't they back together/ living together? And I heard her dad wouldn't cooperate either (paid off / threatened) it's bad and he's a scummer. Surprised he's not been knocked out etc.

If he makes a return to football I’d encourage any player to end his career.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:16 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

Where did you see tweet recording mate?
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:34 am

Just talking to my wife about this, she was a HR director, she says the club will not fire him because the court is the final arbiter, and he has no current charges against him, she thinks they will reach a financial agreement with him, but he will not play for club again, they can retain his registration if they want, but she said they will want to finalise the issue, ongoing publicity not good. So bottom line he gets a big pay day. When/if he is free from his registration to rags he can sign for who he wants too, but who would want him?
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:39 pm

Mendy’s trial concludes after his registration with us finishes I think. If acquitted there’ll be an argument between lawyers about compensation but surely he would go back to France.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:45 pm

blues2win wrote:Mendy’s trial concludes after his registration with us finishes I think. If acquitted there’ll be an argument between lawyers about compensation but surely he would go back to France.

There's a chance he wouldn't get a work permit for the UK anyway as a free agent, because he hasn't played internationally in a while, and won't be part of a transfer between Prem clubs (like the situation with Douglas Luiz, when we couldn't get a work permit for him, but we could transfer him to Villa who could then get a work permit for him).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:09 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
blues2win wrote:Mendy’s trial concludes after his registration with us finishes I think. If acquitted there’ll be an argument between lawyers about compensation but surely he would go back to France.

There's a chance he wouldn't get a work permit for the UK anyway as a free agent, because he hasn't played internationally in a while, and won't be part of a transfer between Prem clubs (like the situation with Douglas Luiz, when we couldn't get a work permit for him, but we could transfer him to Villa who could then get a work permit for him).

Surely Ben will have settled status or pre-settled status? He’s been here long enough.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:28 am

We won’t be transferring him anywhere. His contract runs out in June. If he’s acquitted there’ll be arguments about compensation unless he’s been paid his full wages while suspended.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:14 am

blues2win wrote:We won’t be transferring him anywhere. His contract runs out in June. If he’s acquitted there’ll be arguments about compensation unless he’s been paid his full wages while suspended.

As per PFA rules, he can only be docked 2 (or maybe it's 4) weeks' pay without his own agreement, so we'll have been paying him in full. I guess he won't have been getting any bonuses, though.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:17 am

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Surely Ben will have settled status or pre-settled status? He’s been here long enough.

Good point. So the UK's still a possibility, then.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Indianablue » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:49 pm

30 passes for a throw in on the half way line. Not impressed. Just glad we're holding out for a draw
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Indianablue » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:56 pm

Some may argue that we got a result, but the overall performance was very average and Haaland was missing again. Why the fuck do we take subs? Pep is fucking useless at changing things if the opposition don't play how he thinks they should
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:57 pm

Was mendy playing 2nd half?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:01 pm

sheblue wrote:Was mendy playing 2nd half?

He probably has a voodoo doll of Pep and was sticking pins in it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum