Brazil v Argentina disrupted possibly abandoned?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Brazil v Argentina disrupted possibly abandoned?

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:21 pm

I saw earlier that Argentina lied about civid tests meaning 4 prem players would have quarantine and self isolate for 14 + days.

I just tuned in to watch on my phone and Argentina looked to be forcibly removed from the pitch!!!!

Brazil team still on pitch but no idea if game will go on!

Strange!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Re: Brazil v Argentina disrupted possibly abandoned?

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Messi now out pitch side negotiating, from what I van work out , Brazilian health authorities want to take 3 of the Argentinean starting 11 with them!!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:05 pm

A farce
Apparently if travelling from the UK to Brazil you would have had to have quarantined for 14 days, which the PL based players have not.
Surely the Argentina FA would have known this so why were these played picked for the squad and then selected?
Is it not tantamount to fielding an ineligible player and as such should forfeit the game?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:A farce
Apparently if travelling from the UK to Brazil you would have had to have quarantined for 14 days, which the PL based players have not.
Surely the Argentina FA would have known this so why were these played picked for the squad and then selected?
Is it not tantamount to fielding an ineligible player and as such should forfeit the game?

Hence no Brazilian player were allowed not to go!

Brazilian authorities new hours before the game and could have hoiked the four offending players and let the game go ahead!

Brazilian team now having a training session, maybe 7 aside.

Unconfirmed but Argentine team waiting for a coach straight to the airport.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:35 pm

If the Brazilians didn’t go, why did the Argentinians?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:If the Brazilians didn’t go, why did the Argentinians?

I can only guess the Argentinians gatewayed through their own country and onward to Brazil.

The Brazilians knew the red zone between their country and UK meaning quarantine/isolation was nailed on if they travelled.

The Argies thought differently I guess!

2 Spurs & 2 Villa players about to miss 3 weeks of prem league from what I gather.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:59 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:If the Brazilians didn’t go, why did the Argentinians?

I can only guess the Argentinians gatewayed through their own country and onward to Brazil.

The Brazilians knew the red zone between their country and UK meaning quarantine/isolation was nailed on if they travelled.

The Argies thought differently I guess!

2 Spurs & 2 Villa players about to miss 3 weeks of prem league from what I gather.

That’s what I don’t get. This was a big thing a couple of week’s back and can’t understand why a club would sanction it.

Obviously a lot of politics involved and maybe nobody actually knew the rules.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:29 am

Brazil demanded our City players travelled to play the game . City told Brazil to fuck off , Brazil officials now storm the pitch to call the game off because Argentinian players traveled from the UK ??????
All very political ! World has lost the plot !!!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:45 am

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:A farce

Hence no Brazilian player were allowed not to go!

Brazilian authorities new hours before the game and could have hoiked the four offending players and let the game go ahead!

Brazilian team now having a training session, maybe 7 aside.

Unconfirmed but Argentine team waiting for a coach straight to the airport.

This is the odd thing. It would seem that Brazil did things the way they did to make Argentina forfeit the game, rather than to follow safety protocols. Then again, the cynic in me thinks that if FIFA order that the game be played again, the Brazilian FA could argue that the tickets for the original game aren't valid, because it had already started: they're still making up the balance from building stadiums for the 2014 World Cup, and selling double the tickets for a big-draw game like this would help fill that hole in the balance sheet slightly...

Either way, it seems on the face of things that Brazil followed the rules, but showed poor sportsmanship in doing so.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:25 am

south american football and politics are a joke
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby salford city » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:15 am

Hearing via the Beeb, that FIFA could ban the players who were not released for their countries for 5 days following the closure of the international break window? Surely this is nonsense as the reason they did not travel was due to them having to face a 10 day quarantine when they came back.
Mind, saying that red scouse had 3 from Brazil so they wouldn't dare - would they...?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:41 am

salford city wrote:Hearing via the Beeb, that FIFA could ban the players who were not released for their countries for 5 days following the closure of the international break window? Surely this is nonsense as the reason they did not travel was due to them having to face a 10 day quarantine when they came back.
Mind, saying that red scouse had 3 from Brazil so they wouldn't dare - would they...?

Surely banning the players from playing would infringe on their rights? If Jesus decided, fuck FIFA I’m gonna play for City anyway - what could they do? What’s to stop him from taking them to court for stopping him working?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:15 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:Hearing via the Beeb, that FIFA could ban the players who were not released for their countries for 5 days following the closure of the international break window? Surely this is nonsense as the reason they did not travel was due to them having to face a 10 day quarantine when they came back.

Surely banning the players from playing would infringe on their rights? If Jesus decided, fuck FIFA I’m gonna play for City anyway - what could they do? What’s to stop him from taking them to court for stopping him working?

Imagine banning players for not playing in a game that got abandoned because they shouldn't be playing in it :roll:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:22 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Mase wrote:

Imagine banning players for not playing in a game that got abandoned because they shouldn't be playing in it :roll:

Would anyone actually be surprised if a footballing authority such as FIFA or even the FA did ban the players for that. These organisations are barely fit for purpose at the best of times
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:10 am

That was the whole reason clubs chose to not release players: a 5-day ban is better than a 10-day quarantine, plus there's a not insignificant chance that FIFA would see sense and not implement it in the first place.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:23 am

I am hearing Brazilian players will be unable to play this weekend so Ederson and Jesus out, which is bad enough only Steffen has tested positive for covid, leaving Carson the only experianced keeper, surely we could appeal this ?

City Xtra
@City_Xtra
·
24m
Breaking: #ManCity will be unable to select Ederson and Gabriel Jesus against Leicester on Saturday, after the Brazilian Football Association asked world football’s governing body to enforce rules preventing players from playing.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:31 am

Just select them. What the fuck can they do? Telling someone that they’re not allowed to work surely infringes on their human rights?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:36 am

However, it is understood Brazil have not asked for Everton forward Richarlison to be prevented from featuring against Burnley on Monday. It is felt Brazil showed leniency in that specific case as Everton allowed Richarlison to play at the Olympic Games when the regulations did not force them to.

Play them and threaten to take Brazil to court as they’re not providing the same “punishment” for everyone.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:57 am

[quote="Mase"]However, it is understood Brazil have not asked for Everton forward Richarlison to be prevented from featuring against Burnley on Monday. It is felt Brazil showed leniency in that specific case as Everton allowed Richarlison to play at the Olympic Games when the regulations did not force them to.

Play them and threaten to take Brazil to court as they’re not providing the same “punishment” for everyone.[/quote

Clearly a precedent with the players who went to the olympics? Tell Brazil to fuck off and play them - what's the worst that they can do? Follow this up with the red shite stance and withdraw them from squads due to "injury" - see Sancho who will no doubt play for them against the bar codes this wkend
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:07 pm

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:However, it is understood Brazil have not asked for Everton forward Richarlison to be prevented from featuring against Burnley on Monday. It is felt Brazil showed leniency in that specific case as Everton allowed Richarlison to play at the Olympic Games when the regulations did not force them to.

Play them and threaten to take Brazil to court as they’re not providing the same “punishment” for everyone.[/quote

Clearly a precedent with the players who went to the olympics? Tell Brazil to fuck off and play them - what's the worst that they can do? Follow this up with the red shite stance and withdraw them from squads due to "injury" - see Sancho who will no doubt play for them against the bar codes this wkend

It will be interesting to see what the Dippers do, they have Allison and Firmino in the Brazil squad, can't see the powers that be upsetting them, wow there wouldn't be enough candles to go round if they were "victimised " again, fuck me Paddy's wigwam would have to put special prayer sessions on :lol:
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum