The View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:51 am

Not feeling brilliant at the moment, so this is late and short. If you want to read any more, these comments are from the match thread on the foxestalk forum

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Neil Davies
Fourth official: Andy Madley
VAR: Andre Marriner
Assistant VAR: Richard West

Team selection

Kasper

Ricardo
Evans
Soyuncu
Bertrand

N'didi
Soumare

Albrighton
Tielemans
Barnes

Vardy

And the rest…

Man City next - flying on the back of back-to-back 5-0 victories! …When the fixtures were released, I was really optimistic about getting these at home so early in the season, but on the back of our three showings thus far, trepidation mounts. The international break could not have been more timely!

The 2nd league game we aged against them last season notwithstanding, we have a chance to sort of become a bit of a bogey team for them

Hopefully Bertrand, Vestergaard and maybe even Evans will be available.

We have Napoli 5 days later. The Napoli game is more important to win.

I can’t see how we don’t lose whatever formation we play…They genuinely look unstoppable at the moment.

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing the boys beat the likes of Man City, Chelsea etc. But I’ve got my reservations about this match if I’m totally honest.

Forgive me, but I hope the entire squad has copious amounts of KY, cos this fixture is going to HURT !

Maddison won't start this. Soumare or KDH and Iheanacho and Vardy.

If Spurs can shithouse a 1-0 against em, so can we.

If the same team play as for the last few games I'm not going to bother listening...just tell me when it's over…(I honestly think losing lil wes has totally derailed what was shaping up to be another amazing season...I'm so depressed.

Think we will win this.

At least Harry Kane won't score his compulsory goal against us.

Some people are forgetting we just beat these in the community shield a few weeks ago…I do think this will be a different story though. A draw would be a fantastic achievement.

Interestingly seven of their players who featured on Saturday v Arsenal also did against us in the Shield.

We are going to get buggered sideways.

Just want a good performance, no shame to losing to them.

Plenty of teams will get tonked by these. Not saying have a defeatist attitude but accept there'll be an element of damage limitation and keep players fit for Napoli. 2-0 loss or even 3-0 wouldn't be the end of the world to this lot. Put in a decent shift and I'm ok with that.

Rodgers has Peps number, and we’re more than capable of getting something against these…Im going to be optimistic and say we will get a result 3-2.

If we get a point here we'll be on 7 points.

Respect Man City, but don’t fear or be in awe of them, that’s almost giving in before you’ve started…Also don’t forget, they play on the Wednesday in the CL against Leipzig, so I’m sure Pep will select his team against us with that in mind. CL must be his priority this year. It may be his last chance.

Man City have lost 100% of their away league games so far this season... Reason for hope!

Nah we get rolled here guys. They’re in stonking form and our back line is all over the place. Think we get hit for 4 here.

Can’t see Evans making this - hasn’t played since May and has he even started full training yet?
Hoping Vestergard and Bertrand are available to add a bit of experience though.

While we are a bit of a bogey team for Man City, I can’t see us getting anything out of this match given how our start to the season has gone.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The View from the Home End

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:14 am

Cheers CM hope you are feeling better.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:03 pm

Cheers CM as ever

A couple of deluded turds there who clearly didn't see our opener at spuds with half the team missing and others with no pre season to speak of...

"If Spurs can shithouse a 1-0 against em, so can we."

"Man City have lost 100% of their away league games so far this season... Reason for hope"
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:55 pm

Cheers CM.

Let’s hope their defence is as porous as they claim
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city