chumps league

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: chumps league

Postby Indianablue » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:03 pm

Cant believe some of the posts regarding Pep. Each to his own i suppose and we certainly didnt play well in the final last year. Chelsea played to the best of their abilities, rode their luck and injured our best player. We had the players but just didnt turn up. A failure on the night but getting to a final is progress. Sure he can be a bit arrogant, but he is a proven manager, one of the greatest in modern times. We are fortunate to have him and will miss him when hes gone. Course some on here might welcome that. What the fuck is it with our fan base
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Indianablue wrote:Cant believe some of the posts regarding Pep. Each to his own i suppose and we certainly didnt play well in the final last year. Chelsea played to the best of their abilities, rode their luck and injured our best player. We had the players but just didnt turn up. A failure on the night but getting to a final is progress. Sure he can be a bit arrogant, but he is a proven manager, one of the greatest in modern times. We are fortunate to have him and will miss him when hes gone. Course some on here might welcome that. What the fuck is it with our fan base

Fortunate??
He's on 20m a year, highest paid manager out there
He's spent hundreds of millions, more than any other manager out there
He's been backed to the tilt, he's got free reign, working under no pressure from owners
He's working with one of the best squads in the world and best facilities out there

Maybe he's fortunate to have it all, other managers dream to be in his position.

I'm not over his final fuck up, can't shake it off for the reasons other posters pointed out. Just when my rehabilitation process going well, the bald twat mocks us for not turning up and all the scars of the final reappear
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:28 pm

Outcast wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Cant believe some of the posts regarding Pep. Each to his own i suppose and we certainly didnt play well in the final last year. Chelsea played to the best of their abilities, rode their luck and injured our best player. We had the players but just didnt turn up. A failure on the night but getting to a final is progress. Sure he can be a bit arrogant, but he is a proven manager, one of the greatest in modern times. We are fortunate to have him and will miss him when hes gone. Course some on here might welcome that. What the fuck is it with our fan base

Fortunate??
He's been backed to the tilt, he's got free reign, working under no pressure from owners
He's working with one of the best squads in the world and best facilities out there

Maybe he's fortunate to have it all, other managers dream to be in his position.

I'm not over his final fuck up, can't shake it off for the reasons other posters pointed out. Just when my rehabilitation process going well, the bald twat mocks us for not turning up and all the scars of the final reappear

It’s hilarious isn’t it , no matter how many times you say it they just reply with “well , you should be grateful “” pmsl .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:36 pm

Outcast wrote:

Fortunate??

Then he is clearly the right man for the job.
You don't put Billions in the hand of apprentices like the Rags do.

Coasting in Bern at the Vankdorf stadium and they go and lose. Now who's spent the most in the last twenty years ... let's think long term like our owners do.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:51 pm

I’m not sure why anybody’s bothered, we all hate the CL anyway.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:26 pm

Is it not ok to be pissed off at peps brain farts but still think he’s the best out there by a long way? Cos I do.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Fortunate??

Then he is clearly the right man for the job.
You don't put Billions in the hand of apprentices like the Rags do.

Coasting in Bern at the Vankdorf stadium and they go and lose. Now who's spent the most in the last twenty years ... let's think long term like our owners do.

Do you trust Pep not to have a brain fart if we reach another final? I really hope he doesn't.
I don't want him to go, just learn from his mistakes and keep his trap shut when it comes to the fans. Im not Mancini's biggest fan but he never gave the media ammunition to attack the fans.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:47 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Is it not ok to be pissed off at peps brain farts but still think he’s the best out there by a long way? Cos I do.

Yes, it is, and my thoughts also. He drops a bollox often, but not as often as many others and as his loss rate is tiny compared to most it’s sometimes hard to take when we do actually lose.

Don’t forget last season when we had been written off by all as we floundered in the bottom half, only to win the LC, go on to surpass all others in the PL and actually make a CL final for the first time in our history. Complete downer at the time but not one that I’d dwell on. Winning 2 trophies, a final in the supposed biggest tournament and even a semi final in the FA Cup, When you think about it, we were one game away from the opportunity of winning the Holy Grail. That’s a feat in itself.

Saying that, I am a glass half full type of guy so will always look at the positives but still reminded of the negatives.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Is it not ok to be pissed off at peps brain farts but still think he’s the best out there by a long way? Cos I do.

Yes, it is, and my thoughts also. He drops a bollox often, but not as often as many others and as his loss rate is tiny compared to most it’s sometimes hard to take when we do actually lose.

Don’t forget last season when we had been written off by all as we floundered in the bottom half, only to win the LC, go on to surpass all others in the PL and actually make a CL final for the first time in our history. Complete downer at the time but not one that I’d dwell on. Winning 2 trophies, a final in the supposed biggest tournament and even a semi final in the FA Cup, When you think about it, we were one game away from the opportunity of winning the Holy Grail. That’s a feat in itself.

Saying that, I am a glass half full type of guy so will always look at the positives but still reminded of the negatives.

2019/2020 = PL league champions, League Cup winners, a CL Final defeat and an FA Cup semi-final defeat.
Some fans are not happy with the above achievements and say Pep will not be missed when he moves on.

Question for those fans: what constitutes success for Pep's successor (using his 'failure' above as the yardstick)?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Dimples wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

2019/2020 = PL league champions, League Cup winners, a CL Final defeat and an FA Cup semi-final defeat.
Some fans are not happy with the above achievements and say Pep will not be missed when he moves on.

Question for those fans: what constitutes success for Pep's successor (using his 'failure' above as the yardstick)?

CL is the holy grail for the owners and if we are really honest with ourselves , it’s important to us fans to win it .

Based on Baldies history with us - we will never win it with him in charge .

Also , it’s been said many times , we already won everything domestically before he arrived and we didn’t spend a billion pounds to do it !

Food for thought mate

Success is not winning the league cup a million times mate and we fucking know it ))

Success is for a manager to win 50% of domestic trophy’s whist he’s with us over a 4 year contract (for example ) and to def win the CL .( Prem league in our case and an FA cup thrown in )

We really have to remember pep has spent a billion quid and still hasn’t won CL - worse still , we weren’t even close to winning it against a shitty Chelsea side .

I will never say pep has not been a very successful domestic league manager , as he has been the very best we have had .
But he’s spent nearly a billion quid to do it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,——— again , he’s spent nearly a billion quid to do it .!!!

This fact can never be ignored .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

CL is the holy grail for the owners and if we are really honest with ourselves , it’s important to us fans to win it .

Based on Baldies history with us - we will never win it with him in charge .

Also , it’s been said many times , we already won everything domestically before he arrived and we didn’t spend a billion pounds to do it !

Food for thought mate

Success is not winning the league cup a million times mate and we fucking know it ))

Success is for a manager to win 50% of domestic trophy’s whist he’s with us over a 4 year contract (for example ) and to def win the CL .( Prem league in our case and an FA cup thrown in )

We really have to remember pep has spent a billion quid and still hasn’t won CL - worse still , we weren’t even close to winning it against a shitty Chelsea side .

I will never say pep has not been a very successful domestic league manager , as he has been the very best we have had .
But he’s spent nearly a billion quid to do it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,——— again , he’s spent nearly a billion quid to do it .!!!

This fact can never be ignored .

Which he doesn’t deny but is always a yardstick for the media to beat him, or any of our managers with, even though the Rags have spent more, and what have they to show for it.

Ps. I’m not sure it is a billion, but close. Just another stick that the media will use against our club, I suppose.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum