****Official City vs German Muppets

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Official City vs German Muppets

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:55 pm

PSG held by Bruges!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:55 pm

blues2win wrote:PSG held by Bruges!

Sweet.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PeterParker » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:55 pm

blues2win wrote:3 precious points. Wonder what Pep said to Mahrez. Absolutely livid.

"They are calling you the Algerian Prince on Mancityfans, there are some that make an alternative commentary just for you, son. Also, stop with your rubbish not eating pork shite and go to my catalan restaurant, did you try the paela, did you son?"
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:59 pm

Great start to the group.
Some of our defending was poor at times, but look Laporte and stones to come back into contention.
Great goal by Jack.
We have such options wide on both sides it's ridiculous.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby branny » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:01 pm

blues2win wrote:3 precious points. Wonder what Pep said to Mahrez. Absolutely livid. Ake was a real weak link sadly. We need Laporte or Stones back urgently.

Cancelo as well. Great going forward but poor defensively. Didn't stop much down the right, especially crosses.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Game one. A win and in the end a rather comfortable one as we could have scored more. PSG only drawing is a bonus as well.

The defending was worrying as they scored goals that were far too easy. Ake is not cut out for us at CB I don’t think. Hopefully either Stones or Laporte will be back for the weekend. But it was good to get Foden back on the field and KDB had more minutes.

And once again the goals are shared out which shows we aren’t reliant on just one or two players

Got to be happy overall with that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:07 pm

What a game, great for the neutral’s but not so for a City fan. Prior to the game I thought we’d struggle defensively but would be great on the attack. I was wrong early on but probably right overall. You can’t have a changed back four who had no real game time, held only by Diaz , especially without midfield cover.

Our forward play was superb and we really mixed it up with short to long play.

Really enjoyed it, apart from when they got close.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Grealish is worth his fee just for those interviews.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:20 pm

Grealish with a goal and assist on his CL debut. Sorry, The Hundred Million Man.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:22 pm

Entertainment stuff.

That 3rd goal we conceded looked like the sort of goal we would score against Arsenal. They just waltzed right through us with ease.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby salford city » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:17 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Entertainment stuff.

That 3rd goal we conceded looked like the sort of goal we would score against Arsenal. They just waltzed right through us with ease.

Thought they did that all evening we were shockingly poor defensively. I get we were much changed but we got ripped apart at times
Going forward we could have ended up with any score mahrez should have chosen better options on a couple of occasions but first game out happy to take the points
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:53 am

salford city wrote:

Thought they did that all evening we were shockingly poor defensively. I get we were much changed but we got ripped apart at times
Going forward we could have ended up with any score mahrez should have chosen better options on a couple of occasions but first game out happy to take the points

I thought it was two teams for once at the Etihad going for it. Not seen that in years mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:42 am

Hazy2 wrote:
salford city wrote:

I thought it was two teams for once at the Etihad going for it. Not seen that in years mate.

Agree with you mate, looked like a training game in parts. Thought their third goal was great - they popped it around us with ease.
Enjoyed watching it and said to my lad this could be any score. The talent we have going forward is ridiculous and allowing 5 subs is going to give us an advantage over most. Shit defensively but 6 goals is not too shabby
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:14 am

Ake said after the match, “The ticketing system isn’t good enough. Thousands of hardcore fans have given up their SC. Pep wants more fans for Southampton, but one of my posh friends is still waiting for their ticket and it’s going to be touch and go.”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 am

Mase wrote:Ake said after the match, “The ticketing system isn’t good enough. Thousands of hardcore fans have given up their SC. Pep wants more fans for Southampton, but one of my posh friends is still waiting for their ticket and it’s going to be touch and go.”

Did he say anything about Boris?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:16 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:Ake said after the match, “The ticketing system isn’t good enough. Thousands of hardcore fans have given up their SC. Pep wants more fans for Southampton, but one of my posh friends is still waiting for their ticket and it’s going to be touch and go.”

Did he say anything about Boris?

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:16 am

Good man, seems the players know there’s issues, just need to mention it to Pep.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:18 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Good man, seems the players know there’s issues, just need to mention it to Pep.

Pep had this to say, “I’ve heard what Ake said and to be honest, fuck Boris”.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:33 am

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Pep had this to say, “I’ve heard what Ake said and to be honest, fuck Boris”.

Even better ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:56 pm

Ake’s dad passed away during last nights match, after Ake had scored. Really sad.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum