Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full House

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Encourages Absent Fans To Turn Up After Near Full Ho

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:As for the media, and their take, it was always going to be a stick to beat us with. We have beat them at every turn and the FFP situation turned them so bitter that they can’t give us any credit whatsoever now, and to have a chance of trying to segregate us from the club, of which Pep is the front, is high on the agenda. The fact that some fans will go to the media and voice this probably says where some of our fanbase is at the moment.
and Guardiola repeatedly feeds the parasite media and City hating trolls with prime cuts - enough said.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:55 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:As for the media, and their take, it was always going to be a stick to beat us with. We have beat them at every turn and the FFP situation turned them so bitter that they can’t give us any credit whatsoever now, and to have a chance of trying to segregate us from the club, of which Pep is the front, is high on the agenda. The fact that some fans will go to the media and voice this probably says where some of our fanbase is at the moment.
and Guardiola repeatedly feeds the parasite media and City hating trolls with prime cuts - enough said.

You’re right, he needs to keep his gob shut or at least make sure what he is saying does not provoke such a reaction.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zabbadabbado » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:25 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

This VV

His pre -match press conference now doing the rounds.

Liverpool Echo:

Guardiola makes Liverpool claim

After angering Manchester City supporters this week by asking more fans to turn out at the Etihad Stadium for the team's clash with Southampton in the Premier League on Saturday, Pep Guardiola referenced Liverpool in his response to the criticism.

Guardiola was asked about his comments at his press conference on Friday after City Official Supporters Club general secretary Kevin Parker told the manager to "stick to coaching" and he namechecked the Reds in a response, suggesting the Premier League champions want to forge their own identity.

"This is a big mistake. We are who we are. We are proud of who we are. I know our history," he said. "I have learned that they [Man City fans] were in the lower divisions and fans travelled to watch them. I don't want to be like United, Liverpool, Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid."

*Please make it all stop ffs.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:32 pm

If you keep clicking, the more you will get. Did you say Liverpool Echo?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:37 pm

City and us fans need to put this to bed now . The cockroach click bait media have managed to turn this into a volatile situation and got all the plastic twitter never been to a match mongs on board . City will never be liked by the media and the plastic masses they desperately want us to fail , this is how far we have come . Pep needs to shut it for the foreseeable future and concentrate on football.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby linwood » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:42 pm

I fully agree with talk shite and sky news, Pep needs to go. What he said is totally unforgivable and any average level manger could do what has done.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:44 pm

City64 wrote:City and us fans need to put this to bed now . The cockroach click bait media have managed to turn this into a volatile situation and got all the plastic twitter never been to a match mongs on board . City will never be liked by the media and the plastic masses they desperately want us to fail , this is how far we have come . Pep needs to shut it for the foreseeable future and concentrate on football.

I agree.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:46 pm

linwood wrote:I fully agree with talk shite and sky news, Pep needs to go. What he said is totally unforgivable and any average level manger could do what has done.

I totally agree. Nice.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:50 pm

This is starting to sound like a domestic abusive relationship with Pep. He slaps us around, talks down on us, keep reminding us our neighbors are prettier and how lucky he picked us, we should always be grateful. We are too afraid to part company because we won't be same again without him. He told the whole neighborhood how we never turn up in bed and now they're all laughing at us. It's bad enough with mental abuse, wish he kept his trap shut and didn't broadcast it.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:39 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bobvilla wrote:Some people on here with very short memories who need to remember where we came from not 20 years ago. Decrepid stadium, shed as a shop store, selling the rights to our own badge, verging on bankruptcy, winning nowt! Yet here we are now and they still moan about everything, the price of pies, tickets prices (that are still cheap for top flight football) and yet leave 10 mins before the final whistle just to get to the pub before anyone else.Hung up on still booing UEFA after all these years rather than rising above it, not interested in attending CL games (but then complaining when we dont win it), wanting possibly the best manager ever out of the club for a few misjudged comments. Those people will be sorry if he is driven out of the club, don't for one minute think we'll just carry on winning PLs and challenging year on year CLs, it isn't that easy, we are VERY lucky to be in this position, an it's mainly due to Pep. I'm sure this post will take some stick judging by what seems to be widespread distain for our great manager but some people need a reality check! Get behind our manager!

Probably a little over the top but overall is something that has to be taken on board. You’ll find a lot of stuff on most boards is over the top and sometimes Blues showing their Big Blue credentials. It’s like those people who want to take offence at things just so they can have a whinge.

I don’t know Pep and can only judge him on what he does. I personally didn’t take offence at his comments and took it for what it was but it is understandable why those who are local and fucked off with the ticketing system/transport issues would be disappointed in the comments as they would have felt aggrieved on many levels.

As for the media, and their take, it was always going to be a stick to beat us with. We have beat them at every turn and the FFP situation turned them so bitter that they can’t give us any credit whatsoever now, and to have a chance of trying to segregate us from the club, of which Pep is the front, is high on the agenda. The fact that some fans will go to the media and voice this probably says where some of our fanbase is at the moment.

Well said. My last comment before this tea cup overflows. With reduced prices, no football for a year 17,000 empty seats on a decent night is a lot. Maybe the sofa surfers need to……..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:10 am

Look they were stupid comments we just have to accept that the mam has his faults. He is not going to change. The debate is going around in circles it's pointless.
We've a tough run coming up and everyone needs to move on.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:39 am

Hazy2 wrote:Well said. My last comment before this tea cup overflows. With reduced prices, no football for a year 17,000 empty seats on a decent night is a lot. Maybe the sofa surfers need to……..

I wonder if this was Pep’s aim - to have City fans calling out other City fans in a “I’m a bigger blue than you” type of way because they can go to night matches and other fans can’t. That last sentence is really sad Hazy, and I didn’t expect that from you.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:55 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Well said. My last comment before this tea cup overflows. With reduced prices, no football for a year 17,000 empty seats on a decent night is a lot. Maybe the sofa surfers need to……..

I wonder if this was Pep’s aim - to have City fans calling out other City fans in a “I’m a bigger blue than you” type of way. That last sentence is really sad Hazy, and I didn’t expect that from you.

I doubt there is any malice in Hazy's post and he does has a point. Our difficulty has always been that we have one set of fans. That's to say that I know for a fact that at the swamp, they used to fill it for midweek cup games with fans who could not get to league games. Now they don't have the success, they have also lost that second tier of fans. For us, it's always a big ask and some simply cannot afford it which is gair enough
What the empty seats doesn't show, is the number of fans who did have a cup scheme ticket but chose not to go. I know several in the club that I travel with and a small part of that was the difficulty in them trying to swap on friends and family but I also know of lads who don't go to any home chumps league but go to all away games - again, their choice
Overall, Pep divides us but there is one constant, he needs to keep his mouth shut and stop giving the easy headlines out
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:10 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:

I wonder if this was Pep’s aim - to have City fans calling out other City fans in a “I’m a bigger blue than you” type of way. That last sentence is really sad Hazy, and I didn’t expect that from you.

I doubt there is any malice in Hazy's post and he does has a point. Our difficulty has always been that we have one set of fans. That's to say that I know for a fact that at the swamp, they used to fill it for midweek cup games with fans who could not get to league games. Now they don't have the success, they have also lost that second tier of fans. For us, it's always a big ask and some simply cannot afford it which is gair enough
What the empty seats doesn't show, is the number of fans who did have a cup scheme ticket but chose not to go. I know several in the club that I travel with and a small part of that was the difficulty in them trying to swap on friends and family but I also know of lads who don't go to any home chumps league but go to all away games - again, their choice
Overall, Pep divides us but there is one constant, he needs to keep his mouth shut and stop giving the easy headlines out

Untied literally charge season ticket holders for cup (League, FA, CL) whether they like it or not. There’s no scheme there, they get a direct debit payment taken whether they like it or not. That’s why it was full.

We’ve never ever dug out our own fans for being “couch surfers”. Yet here we are after what has been said.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:13 am

Pep gave the cock roach click bait media the ammunition they wanted and all the plastic never been to a game merchants lapped it up , this is the sad state of football and sad state of social media. Plastic cunts dictating the click bait agenda . So a size of a club is judged by how many plastic tourist day trippers it has and those who are judging are plastic tourist day trippers hiding behind computers and mobiles???? Fuck off !!!!
Fuck the plastic tourist cunts they can follow the rags and dippers they will always be plastic cunts fucking Sky and and talk shite can fuck off to fuck with its plastic thick as fuck click bait .
Gonna be buzzing in MCR city center in a bit and the Etihad later , in the real world obviously !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Indianablue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:34 am

We're playing decent stuff, banging in goals, he asked for a full house to encourage the players ,which is distorted the media to push the buttons of the precious ones in the fan base. I'd rather have a manager speak his mind than a sycophantic suck up like Klopp. He's paid a lot, but he's brought us our greatest successes. 'Are you not entertained' ? No problem with people criticising and I'd never describe myself as meek and mild but can we stop with the ' Catalan Cunt' type comments. It's just 'cunt'
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:12 am

Indianablue wrote:We're playing decent stuff, banging in goals, he asked for a full house to encourage the players ,which is distorted the media to push the buttons of the precious ones in the fan base. I'd rather have a manager speak his mind than a sycophantic suck up like Klopp. He's paid a lot, but he's brought us our greatest successes. 'Are you not entertained' ? No problem with people criticising and I'd never describe myself as meek and mild but can we stop with the ' Catalan Cunt' type comments. It's just 'cunt'

Like Stupot has said, the “Southampton…Saturday…3pm….I invite you to come” he didn’t need to say it like that. Or at all! We’ve had 54k fans there the last two Saturday league games.

I grew up in the 90s having to go to school and put up with the bollocks that was thrown at me every fuckin week from rags that had never been to a game in their lives, while my mum and dad were taking me to Maine Road and to away grounds like Macc, West Brom, Stockport, Bury… I could have easily just followed the other kids and supported United - easy option at the time. But I stuck with City, as did everyone else, and we don’t need the manager now inviting us to any match.

We’re all blues, and we all want what’s best for the club at the end of the day. Whether we’ve got 5k fans there for 54k - the City fans will back the team and sing their hearts out.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:04 am

Squirming in this OS Clip like a schoolkid caught pinching toffees - not a pretty sight
https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/pep ... o-63767465
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:41 am

johnny crossan wrote:Squirming in this OS Clip like a schoolkid caught pinching toffees - not a pretty sight
https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/pep ... o-63767465

Not at all , a fairly straight interview,
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:41 am

My thoughts exactly zur
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland