View from the Away End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Away End

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:56 pm

There are a few interesting comments here, thanks to Pep. Outside of that it’s the usual doom and gloom. I’m looking forward to seeing KDB back, and maybe Phil?

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Marc Perry, Timothy Wood
Fourth official: Peter Bankes
VAR: Martin Atkinson
Assistant VAR: Richard West

Team Selection

McCarthy; Tino - Stephens - Salisu - KWP; Elyounoussi - JWP - Romeu - Djenepo; Adams - A. Armstrong

And the rest…

Broja must start, that is all.

They have Champions League on Wednesday and then us on Saturday, which is the only straw I have to clutch…I'd be tempted to change to a back 5 and try and hurt them with our full backs and hope for the best…Might be a mauling.

Makes sense to play one up front I guess. Doesn’t make sense for it to be A Armstrong though. Either Che or Broja if we’re going lone striker please.
Free hit, go, compete, keep the score down, move on. We don't go down because we lose to the likes of City. Will be very interesting to see what Ralf does if City do start to rack them up.

Every now and then City have a game when they don't click, Spurs away already this season and I remember their draw at home to WBA last season, you never know. Most likely we'll lose 3-0 after playing well first half, Pep will say we were one of the best teams they've faced and give Redmond a cuddle coming off the pitch…Only 100 or so tickets left out of our 1500 allocation, decent numbers travelling when you consider our record there.

This has Murder written all over it.

Allow Redmond a last runaround for his love-in with Pep in a bid to pretend that he is good at football and so as to get him out of our club once and for all, somehow. If not drop him for good and play anyone with a pulse instead.

I'm surprised people are "expecting" us to go 4141 again. I thought Ralph made it clear the tactic was designed to allow West Ham more of the ball and draw them out a bit because they normally don't care for the ball in their own half. I don't think City need that encouragement. I think we'll go back to disrupting the opposition.

After his non-performance last Saturday please Ralph, don,t start Redmond. He only has one gear - reverse.

I'd like to see Tella for Moussa and if fit, Stu Armstrong for Redmond…We will need energy, discipline and a large chunk of luck…I fear for this back 4 against them though. 4-1 City.

I fear for any back 4 against City.

Palace beat them at their place, so it is possible, but we have to be extremely fluent and efficient on the break and then hope they have an off day in front of goal. If you don't score on those few breakaways, you have no chance. Time to give Tella another chance perhaps?

Really doubt their game tonight will have any impact whatsoever on Saturday, we just need to be 100% on our game and hope they’re20% or so off their game.
City really could have had 8 or 9 tonight against a far better side than us…Have to be at our best, keeper included to avoid getting embarrassed. Can see us going with another very defensive approach and maybe losing 2-0. Have a feeling Ralph would take that.

WE haven't had a win yet and we may get a beating at City and the cry babies may be out in force calling for the manager's head. Oh dear, the reality is we have a stronger club than last year, and a younger one. The challenge is not City, the challenge is the matches with Watford, Brentford, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich oh and Arsenal. Bedwetters, you can keep your sheets dry whatever the result this week.

I doubt Pep will play KDB twice in a week after a long lay off. Won't change the outcome mind.

I’m really concerned that this one could fuck up McCarthys current confidence following his first clean sheet in donkeys.

Impression I got from the preview conference thing was that there probably would be changes to the side.

What do we think about Pep's sly dig at the City fanbase for not selling out the stadium for their CL opener against Leipzig earlier in the week? Hasn't gone down well with the City fans, and he's just said in his presser that he's not going to apologise for what he said (basically asking for people to show up on Saturday because they will be tired...)

From what I've read there are plenty of cheap tickets available: £5 tickets on sale in the student's union type thing. But it's a big ground and people only have so much time and money. Plus there's plenty of wary older supporters there as well.

I can smell their chips on shoulders all the way over here. Imagine if we were in a title fight and our manager asked us to come down and make some noise, I doubt we'd get so upset amid the vertigo…They've obviously changed since the days of filling Maine Road in League One.

Play like we did against Man Utd and no reason why we can't get something from this game at all.

lube up boys

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Away End

Postby nottsblue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:46 pm

Cheers CM as usual

Liked it could be murder comment

I see Lawro has gone 4-0
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:49 am

nottsblue wrote:Cheers CM as usual

Liked it could be murder comment

I see Lawro has gone 4-0

Made me chuckle too that.

I doubt 4, 3 tops I think, that said another high score ahead of chelsea & PSG next week would be good for morale
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Ta Cutie!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site