PL rivals - current status

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL rivals - current status

Postby PeterParker » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:29 am

Winning FA Cup and League Cup
Semis in UCL and Third in the league.

Will you consider it a poor season?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:36 am

PeterParker wrote:Winning FA Cup and League Cup

Well plenty on here think winning the league by 12 points, winning the League Cup, CL Final and FA Cup Semi Final was a poor season.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:36 am

Not poor, but not great either. The standard has been set.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 am

stupot wrote:

Well plenty on here think winning the league by 12 points, winning the League Cup, CL Final and FA Cup Semi Final was a poor season.

Yeah, but last year we were in form and everyone was surprised by our false nine and pressing tactics.
This year everyone knows us and we lack the hunger.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby stupot » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 am

PeterParker wrote:
stupot wrote:

Yeah, but last year we were in form and everyone was surprised by our false nine and pressing tactics.

We weren't in form until after the West Brom home draw which was Nov/Dec ish but i was answering your question that if loads thought that was a poor season then they definitely would think your scenario was.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:47 am

stupot wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
stupot wrote:

We weren't in form until after the West Brom home draw which was Nov/Dec ish but i was answering your question that if loads thought that was a poor season then they definitely would think your scenario was.

I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind would think we had a poor season last season.

We had a very good season on the whole.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:53 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
stupot wrote:

I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind would think we had a poor season last season.

Its chumps league and / or PL for me that should always be our target. We saw how getting to the last knockings of all four caused Pep to tinker and that cost us as we should be sat here with an unprecedented quadruple. Fucked about against Chelsea twice and they had our pants down. If being out of the domestic cups allows us to concentrate on the big two, I would be happy with that.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby stupot » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:01 am

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
stupot wrote:

We did mate, but plenty on here were looking at the 2 Chelsea defeats as an indicator as against the season as a whole.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:14 am

stupot wrote:We did mate, but plenty on here were looking at the 2 Chelsea defeats as an indicator as against the season as a whole.

The end of the season put a black mark on our achievements, to be honest. We dropped a lot of useless points, we looked like we were running out of steam. When Villa was one up there was a serious concern the rags might actually catch us.
People were annoyed not because we lost the cups, but how we did it.

For this year, realistically, I want the League Cup and set a record no one will manage to surpass. The FA will do also, the league or UCL are out of reach if something big happens in our style of play or transfer wise in the winter.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Bobvilla » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:35 am

What's with the petty and personal insults directed at Pep? It's childish and given that most of the people doing it are grown men it's downright pathetic. When he wins us the league he's 'the world's best' or 'brilliant' or just 'Pep', when he makes mistakes it's 'spanish cunt' or 'cunt' or 'baldie', usually followed by some comment regarding him needing to 'fuck off' from our club. Why get so personal and bullying just because he makes a mistake (like we all do) or makes a decision you wouldn't have. Sure, debate his weaknesses or the mistakes he makes but seriously, why revert to playground insults? Would you like it if your Sons or Dads were being talked about like this just because they were trying to do their job?
Bobvilla
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kdb

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:54 am

Bobvilla wrote:What's with the petty and personal insults directed at Pep? It's childish and given that most of the people doing it are grown men it's downright pathetic. When he wins us the league he's 'the world's best' or 'brilliant' or just 'Pep', when he makes mistakes it's 'spanish cunt' or 'cunt' or 'baldie', usually followed by some comment regarding him needing to 'fuck off' from our club. Why get so personal and bullying just because he makes a mistake (like we all do) or makes a decision you wouldn't have. Sure, debate his weaknesses or the mistakes he makes but seriously, why revert to playground insults? Would you like it if your Sons or Dads were being talked about like this just because they were trying to do their job?

And people like you are the reason why cancel culture exists .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:10 pm

stupot wrote:We did mate, but plenty on here were looking at the 2 Chelsea defeats as an indicator as against the season as a whole.

I was proud of everyone last season - the run we went on was crazy, we won at Anfield for the first time in years, first ever CL final, and two trophies.

The CL final was, and still is a huge disappointment for me. I doubt I’ll ever get over it to be honest.

But on the whole last season was a top season
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:13 pm

Mase wrote:

I was proud of everyone last season - the run we went on was crazy, we won at Anfield for the first time in years, first ever CL final, and two trophies.

The CL final was, and still is a huge disappointment for me. I doubt I’ll ever get over it to be honest.

But on the whole last season was a top season

Totally agree. After the start we had my expectations were nada and to come away with what we did was near exceptional. CL should’ve/would’ve/could’ve capped off a brilliant year in football.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Outcast » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:44 pm

Bobvilla wrote:What's with the petty and personal insults directed at Pep? It's childish and given that most of the people doing it are grown men it's downright pathetic. When he wins us the league he's 'the world's best' or 'brilliant' or just 'Pep', when he makes mistakes it's 'spanish cunt' or 'cunt' or 'baldie', usually followed by some comment regarding him needing to 'fuck off' from our club. Why get so personal and bullying just because he makes a mistake (like we all do) or makes a decision you wouldn't have. Sure, debate his weaknesses or the mistakes he makes but seriously, why revert to playground insults? Would you like it if your Sons or Dads were being talked about like this just because they were trying to do their job?

A mistake? How many brain farts, player selections, formations, whatever you want to call it cost us in the champions League? Yes he is entitled to make mistakes, but if he never learn from them and continue to be stubborn then he should be criticised. The final wasn't a mistake, it was suicidal, I can't forgive him for that.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The "baldie" thing is a bit weird in fairness. It's not where it's aimed at, rather what place it's coming from that makes it all a bit cringey, given your age. Maybe when he leaves you can say "nah nah nah nah nah" :lol: :lol:

OT, I think anyone making calls on where we'll finish at this stage must not have watched us last season. In saying that, it will be tougher with the other strengthening, so should make for a much more exciting title race.

It really is an amazing time to be a City fan. Hope you're all loving it as much as I am and for those of you who aren't, hopefully the next guy in changes all that for you.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:52 pm

In all honesty I would probably on balance take that it offered right now.

2 pots on the sideboard.
Another decent run in Europe
Secure CL football once again

Given where we are with the imbalance in the squad and such like, I'd consider that an acceptable outcome
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:55 pm

We are 3pts behind and due to play Chelsea at the weekend ffs. People have given up already :lol: :lol: :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:15 pm

london blue 2 wrote:We are 3pts behind and due to play Chelsea at the weekend ffs. People have given up already :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can only go on what we have seen the last few weeks and so its fair to say we have seen enough to worry us.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The "baldie" thing is a bit weird in fairness. It's not where it's aimed at, rather what place it's coming from that makes it all a bit cringey, given your age. Maybe when he leaves you can say "nah nah nah nah nah" :lol: :lol:

OT, I think anyone making calls on where we'll finish at this stage must not have watched us last season. In saying that, it will be tougher with the other strengthening, so should make for a much more exciting title race.

It really is an amazing time to be a City fan. Hope you're all loving it as much as I am and for those of you who aren't, hopefully the next guy in changes all that for you.

Plenty share my feelings yet you zone in on my posts :lol: :lol: and I'm the one that's obsessed ( Ill add these in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as you seem to like them so much )
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Plenty share my feelings yet you zone in on my posts :lol: :lol: and I'm the one that's obsessed ( Ill add these in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as you seem to like them so much )

Sorry, I'd been gone for a while and I noticed the loudest in here put those laughing emojis at the end of most of their posts so I thought I'd do the same?

I don't know what happened since I left, but the board seems to be missing the vast majority of what I would deem to be its more sensible posters, so it's highly likely the "plenty" you're referring to that agree with you are the only ones left in this echo chamber, rather than the vast majority in real life?

From what I can see, there's about 4 to 5 lads on the "fuck baldie" train and quite a few others that just ignore it and say nothing because it goes on throughout the day?
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum