PL rivals - current status

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL rivals - current status

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Bobvilla wrote:What's with the petty and personal insults directed at Pep? It's childish and given that most of the people doing it are grown men it's downright pathetic. When he wins us the league he's 'the world's best' or 'brilliant' or just 'Pep', when he makes mistakes it's 'spanish cunt' or 'cunt' or 'baldie', usually followed by some comment regarding him needing to 'fuck off' from our club. Why get so personal and bullying just because he makes a mistake (like we all do) or makes a decision you wouldn't have. Sure, debate his weaknesses or the mistakes he makes but seriously, why revert to playground insults? Would you like it if your Sons or Dads were being talked about like this just because they were trying to do their job?

And people like you are the reason why cancel culture exists .

The "baldie" thing is a bit weird in fairness. It's not where it's aimed at, rather what place it's coming from that makes it all a bit cringey, given your age. Maybe when he leaves you can say "nah nah nah nah nah" :lol: :lol:

OT, I think anyone making calls on where we'll finish at this stage must not have watched us last season. In saying that, it will be tougher with the other strengthening, so should make for a much more exciting title race.

It really is an amazing time to be a City fan. Hope you're all loving it as much as I am and for those of you who aren't, hopefully the next guy in changes all that for you.

Plenty share my feelings yet you zone in on my posts :lol: :lol: and I'm the one that's obsessed ( Ill add these in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as you seem to like them so much )

Sorry, I'd been gone for a while and I noticed the loudest in here put those laughing emojis at the end of most of their posts so I thought I'd do the same?

I don't know what happened since I left, but the board seems to be missing the vast majority of what I would deem to be its more sensible posters, so it's highly likely the "plenty" you're referring to that agree with you are the only ones left in this echo chamber, rather than the vast majority in real life?

From what I can see, there's about 4 to 5 lads on the "fuck baldie" train and quite a few others that just ignore it and say nothing because it goes on throughout the day?

So in your little world there's no more pep slagging going off amongst the millions of City fans out there , just the "4 to 5 lads on the 'fuck baldie' train '

PMSL

For the record , the baldie bashing is over the top but so are his mistakes and they need pointing out , even if you think he is beyond slagging off.

And for the record ,when you spend a billion pounds and are on 20 million pounds a year then you will be scrutinized more than any other manager and your mistakes will be magnified because of those 2 huge facts.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:36 pm

City64 wrote:Jesus fucking wept .
5 fucking games .

+1
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:The "baldie" thing is a bit weird in fairness. It's not where it's aimed at, rather what place it's coming from that makes it all a bit cringey, given your age. Maybe when he leaves you can say "nah nah nah nah nah" :lol: :lol:
OT, I think anyone making calls on where we'll finish at this stage must not have watched us last season. In saying that, it will be tougher with the other strengthening, so should make for a much more exciting title race.
It really is an amazing time to be a City fan. Hope you're all loving it as much as I am and for those of you who aren't, hopefully the next guy in changes all that for you.

Plenty share my feelings yet you zone in on my posts :lol: :lol: and I'm the one that's obsessed ( Ill add these in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as you seem to like them so much )

Sorry, I'd been gone for a while and I noticed the loudest in here put those laughing emojis at the end of most of their posts so I thought I'd do the same?
I don't know what happened since I left, but the board seems to be missing the vast majority of what I would deem to be its more sensible posters, so it's highly likely the "plenty" you're referring to that agree with you are the only ones left in this echo chamber, rather than the vast majority in real life?
From what I can see, there's about 4 to 5 lads on the "fuck baldie" train and quite a few others that just ignore it and say nothing because it goes on throughout the day?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:01 pm

Barca 1-0 down at home at the moment , btw , Empty stadium too ! :-) :-)
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Bobvilla wrote:What's with the petty and personal insults directed at Pep? It's childish and given that most of the people doing it are grown men it's downright pathetic. When he wins us the league he's 'the world's best' or 'brilliant' or just 'Pep', when he makes mistakes it's 'spanish cunt' or 'cunt' or 'baldie', usually followed by some comment regarding him needing to 'fuck off' from our club. Why get so personal and bullying just because he makes a mistake (like we all do) or makes a decision you wouldn't have. Sure, debate his weaknesses or the mistakes he makes but seriously, why revert to playground insults? Would you like it if your Sons or Dads were being talked about like this just because they were trying to do their job?

Just for you mate.
Watch on youtube.com
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:53 am

zuricity wrote:Barca 1-0 down at home at the moment , btw , Empty stadium too ! :-) :-)

There are restrictions on attendance numbers due to covid.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:08 am

sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:Barca 1-0 down at home at the moment , btw , Empty stadium too ! :-) :-)

May well be, but it was empty . Really empty .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:14 am

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:

May well be, but it was empty . Really empty .

Well they play like Stoke now. Watched them against Bayern last week, surprised anyone is there to be honest.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:18 am

sheblue wrote:

The decision will allow the big stadiums, such as the Camp Nou, the Santiago Bernabéu, or the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán, to host 60,000, 48,000 and 26,000 spectators, respectively, in the coming days.

See above 60k allowed at camp nou
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:26 am

Barca don’t fill out their stadium even under normal circumstances. They regularly get 12k+ less than capacity. That’s a huge tourist city where a good chunk of their crowd don’t actually support Barca, they’re just going because they’re in Barcelona at the time.

What we’re seeing with them now is that because tourists aren’t travelling as much, they’re getting smaller crowds. If any club has “plastic” fans it’s teams like Barca.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:12 am

Mase wrote:Barca don’t fill out their stadium even under normal circumstances. They regularly get 12k+ less than capacity. That’s a huge tourist city where a good chunk of their crowd don’t actually support Barca, they’re just going because they’re in Barcelona at the time.

What we’re seeing with them now is that because tourists aren’t travelling as much, they’re getting smaller crowds. If any club has “plastic” fans it’s teams like Barca.

Good point. And as they are awful now, plus messi who was a big tourists attraction is gone, the tourists are less likely to bother.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dimples » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:06 pm

Here is a prediction - I see lots of penalties from the Rags over the next 8 game weeks.

The authorities never allow them to become irrelevant.
But now that Ronaldo is playing for them it is a commercial No No for the PL.

The Rags next 8 PL matches (to end of Nov) are tough: Eve(H), Lei(A), Dippers(H), Spurs (A), Us (swamp), Watford (A), Chelsea (A), Ars (H).
Then they have a really easy run until they play us (14 matches) in March 2022.

They have individual talent but because OGS is the manager (in name at least) they are a total mess - they do not know what they are doing on the field.
So on a level playing field I would expect them to drop a lot of points over those 8 games.
Will the PL allow that to happen or will VAR and some other on-field decisions bail them out?

Anyone any opinions on this or has my paranoid towards the Rags taken over again?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:30 pm

Dimples wrote:Here is a prediction - I see lots of penalties from the Rags over the next 8 game weeks.

The Rags next 8 PL matches (to end of Nov) are tough: Eve(H), Lei(A), Dippers(H), Spurs (A), Us (swamp), Watford (A), Chelsea (A), Ars (H).

They have individual talent but because OGS is the manager (in name at least) they are a total mess - they do not know what they are doing on the field.
So on a level playing field I would expect them to drop a lot of points over those 8 games.
Will the PL allow that to happen or will VAR and some other on-field decisions bail them out?

Anyone any opinions on this or has my paranoid towards the Rags taken over again?

I agree. They’ll get given the “small” decisions that just deflate the opposition as well - every 50/50 will go their way.

If they had a top manager they’d challenge in all competitions. Luckily for us Ole is absolutely turd. Long may he continue.

I didn’t realise they had that run of games now. They should definitely drop points.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:36 pm

Dimples wrote:Here is a prediction - I see lots of penalties from the Rags over the next 8 game weeks.

Not necessarily paranoia. You make a good point re the portuguese, and box office so they will be given every encouragement. The problem for the swamp is that Ole is at the wheel and he cannot seem to string 2-3 wins together. The addition of the portugese is only going to make matters worse, he has to play all chumps league and high profile PL games and sooner or later that will manifest itself in unrest.
Added to this is that we are looking tidy again and capable of going on a run to leave everyone behind and there is very little even VAR can do to reign us in.
I do agree with your sentiments re penalties though, watch them closely over their next few games they will get more than their fair share - but when was that NOT the case?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:23 pm

The establishment clubs have been a great disappointment to our corrupt money chasing football institutions over the last few years.

How the fuck can they be expected to maximise their profits when the rags are beyond help, Arse have imploded and the scousers are too unreliable.

They can give the rags as many penalties as they like, it won't make much of a difference. With the current idiot at the wheel, they're not good enough to take advantage.of the help they get. Arse are a laughing stock. The Chavs have been put back in their box by City a couple of weeks ago, leaving only the scousers to deliver the Prem/FA profits.

With Cancelo doing a decent job at left back and the establishment clubs unable to beat us, It looks like City to win the Prem AGAIN.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:30 pm

john68 wrote:The establishment clubs have been a great disappointment to our corrupt money chasing football institutions over the last few years.

How the fuck can they be expected to maximise their profits when the rags are beyond help, Arse have imploded and the scousers are too unreliable.

They can give the rags as many penalties as they like, it won't make much of a difference. With the current idiot at the wheel, they're not good enough to take advantage.of the help they get. Arse are a laughing stock. The Chavs have been put back in their box by City a couple of weeks ago, leaving only the scousers to deliver the Prem/FA profits.

With Cancelo doing a decent job at left back and the establishment clubs unable to beat us, It looks like City to win the Prem AGAIN.

You forgot
"despite the obvious, very blatant, use of the large box of influencing tools (Pigmol, media, VAR, et al) at their disposal......"
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:08 am

The corrupt football institutions have had their toolbox full of ways to influence games for a long time mate. They even updated their box of tricks more recently with the VAR fiasco. I am always aware of the bent bastards that run football globally, regionally and demestically. With what has happened to City in recently seasons, it's difficult for even this old fukker to forget.

The problem they have is that their power to change results, especially over a longer period, is quite limited and we must remember they are not the only bent bastards with an agenda.....Never forget the multifarious and particularly Eastern gambling syndicates also vying to control results through their own networks. Often with an agenda opposite to that of our institutions.

However bent the game is, they have yet to stop us winning the Prem, The FA Cup, or the League Cup far more that any other club.

Nor has their meddling managed to make the likes of Arse, the rags or scousers greatly successful.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum