Womens Team

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Womens Team 21/22

Postby patrickblue » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:44 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Don't normally bother with them, but they beat the rags this afternoon and any win over the rags deserves celebrating

Indeed it does.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:34 pm

patrickblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Don't normally bother with them, but they beat the rags this afternoon and any win over the rags deserves celebrating

Indeed it does.
a difficult watch tbh
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:41 am

It was indeed a tough watch and all because the ragesses had no ambition to entertain or attack.

A fitting result and a superb goal to provide it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:54 pm

The ladies have come from behind to lead 3-1 v rag ladies in the cup game
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:58 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:The ladies have come from behind to lead 3-1 v rag ladies in the cup game

nice to watch (for a change ;) ) but it's over to West Ham v Wolves now
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:54 am

2 -1 up against West Ham away FA Cup semi currently on BBC 1. Their commentary clutch are blatantly aching for West Ham to win - it is a sick joke. Hope we stuff them - it's like an episode of East Enders listening to these estuarine punditesses
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:10 pm

4-1 fuck the BBC, well done ladies
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:33 pm

I heard only the last few minutes but it did seem very West Ham-centric.

Nothing against West Ham, like, but the BBC did use to be impartial decades ago. It is hard for those brought up on that to take. The cunts have ruined it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby patrickblue » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:38 pm

I watched the second half.
We were all over them to be honest
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:02 pm

I thought the manager should have been sacked earlier in the season. In fairness he’s really turned things round.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:29 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I heard only the last few minutes but it did seem very West Ham-centric.

Nothing against West Ham, like, but the BBC did use to be impartial decades ago. It is hard for those brought up on that to take. The cunts have ruined it.

I’ve watched a few and it always seems that they have an oppo supporters club rep doing the commentary. It’s worse when it’s the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, we’re just completely ignored.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:30 pm

blues2win wrote:I thought the manager should have been sacked earlier in the season. In fairness he’s really turned things round.

I think the players took it away from him, his management, apart from injuries, was fairly atrocious.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
blues2win wrote:I thought the manager should have been sacked earlier in the season. In fairness he’s really turned things round.

I think the players took it away from him, his management, apart from injuries, was fairly atrocious.

In fairness to all around the Women's team, at one point, City weremissing around 10 players through injury. Idon't suppose any manager nor any team could expect to perform to anywhere near their potential with that situation. Remember that the Dippers blamed their poor perfirmances on the loss of VVD, a loss of only one player.
We were using our 4th keeper for some games, a kid with no experience and a young midfielder as the sub keeper.

As crucial players returned, so the Women's form improved and continued to improve. Taylor was an easy target but now with almostv a full compliment, we look like we could overtake the rags and take 3rd CL qualification spot.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:19 am

john68 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

In fairness to all around the Women's team, at one point, City weremissing around 10 players through injury. Idon't suppose any manager nor any team could expect to perform to anywhere near their potential with that situation. Remember that the Dippers blamed their poor perfirmances on the loss of VVD, a loss of only one player.
We were using our 4th keeper for some games, a kid with no experience and a young midfielder as the sub keeper.

As crucial players returned, so the Women's form improved and continued to improve. Taylor was an easy target but now with almostv a full compliment, we look like we could overtake the rags and take 3rd CL qualification spot.

Chloe Kelly coming back in will be a huge boost as well. She and Bronze terrorised teams down that right flank last season and has been a huge loss for a LONG time. Georgia's back in form which is good news and Weir has been amazing this season and won't have to do everything alone anymore.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:45 pm

7-2 win v Brighton - now replaced scum in CL place with one game left. Won the League Cup and in the final of the FA Cup. Well done ladies!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:53 pm

johnny crossan wrote:7-2 win v Brighton - now replaced scum in CL place with one game left. Won the League Cup and in the final of the FA Cup. Well done ladies!

For almost the whole of the season, the ragesses have sat above City and as the season went on, have watched over their shoulders as City slowly climbed closer and closer..

Now the ragesses can look straight above them where after all the major injuries at the start of the season, City currently sit.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 02, 2022 6:33 am

john68 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:7-2 win v Brighton - now replaced scum in CL place with one game left. Won the League Cup and in the final of the FA Cup. Well done ladies!

For almost the whole of the season, the ragesses have sat above City and as the season went on, have watched over their shoulders as City slowly climbed closer and closer..

Now the ragesses can look straight above them where after all the major injuries at the start of the season, City currently sit.
Not quite yet John, they are still above us. We need to win our game in hand v the Brummies this week or do better than them in the final game next Saturday.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon May 02, 2022 7:41 am

johnny crossan wrote:
john68 wrote:

Not quite yet John, they are still above us. We need to win our game in hand v the Brummies this week or do better than them in the final game next Saturday.

They're away at Chelsea on the last day of the season, whereas we've got Reading away.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 02, 2022 7:47 am

Two's Kompany wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
john68 wrote:

They're away at Chelsea on the last day of the season, whereas we've got Reading away.
We've overtaken them on goal difference now as well, so if we beat Birmingham at home on Wednesday, a point at Reading will see us in the CL place even if they beat the Chavs.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 08, 2022 7:33 pm

Well done ladies, Champions League place & League Cup already in the bag, FA Cup final next week. All the BBC hype before their Chavs match today was the Ragesses gaining an historic CL place - not such a big deal now City are in it... :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum